FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
I took the test (outside CA) late June2022, after waiting 2.5 years for it. nothing until now, i noticed an 16th Dec update on my tracker but nothing was updated. Only background and test are completed, the rest is in progress except oath :(.
Are you still outside?
They put my file on hold for 6 months until I returned!

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Had you indicated that you were temporarily outside Canada or that you had left Canada permanently?
They asked when I would return, I said I wasn't sure...

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
They asked when I would return, I said I wasn't sure...
Your processing times are not unheard of but there may be an informal preference to prioritize those actually only abroad temporarily but making their permanent homes in Canada. Many who are abroad end up rescheduling because they can’t make it back to Canada in relatively short notice (a month for example) so there may be reluctance to book paths for people until IRCC knows they are back in Canada. I have seen many have to rebook twice and be told that they will have to notify IRCC when back in Canada to boo their oath. If you think of it it is pretty amazing that Canada grants citizenship to people who left Canada right after they qualified for citizenship only 3 years which is fast compared to most countries) without any plans to return. Even if you have to wait a few extra months it is still a very good deal.

yma981

Dec 21, 2010
Visa Office......
Lebanon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
24-02-2012
Med's Done....
05-03-2012
Passport Req..
25-07-2013
Are you still outside?
They put my file on hold for 6 months until I returned!
No, i am in Canada. i sent them the proof of return

trainpnp

Oct 29, 2018
AOR Received.
20-04-2022
Interviewer asked me why I took test outside Canada and when was I back? She asked me about my job
Did you get the oath invite after the interview? did they raise any concern to process the citizenship when you
Interviewer asked me why I took test outside Canada and when was I back? She asked me about my job
Did you get the oath invite after the interview?

felipeoxavier

Star Member
Jul 7, 2019
Hi guys,

I just received my test invite (window for test is Jan 20 - Feb 9).
I am currently outside Canada, literally left last Saturday (Jan 14) and will be abroad for a while :(
Seeing all your feedback regarding taking the test outside Canada and how badly it went, I am now concerned for my own process.
Did anyone here get their citizenship after taking the test outside Canada? Do they request an in person interview for everyone who does the test outside Canada?
Please share your experiences and any insight with me as I only have 48 hrs to email them if I want to take the test outside Canada. :(

Thanks!

trainpnp

Oct 29, 2018
AOR Received.
20-04-2022
Hi guys,

I just received my test invite (window for test is Jan 20 - Feb 9).
I am currently outside Canada, literally left last Saturday (Jan 14) and will be abroad for a while :(
Seeing all your feedback regarding taking the test outside Canada and how badly it went, I am now concerned for my own process.
Did anyone here get their citizenship after taking the test outside Canada? Do they request an in person interview for everyone who does the test outside Canada?
Please share your experiences and any insight with me as I only have 48 hrs to email them if I want to take the test outside Canada. :(

Thanks!
I have an interview scheduled next month with the official. I will get to know their reaction after the interview. Hoping everything will go fine.

Reactions: felipeoxavier

Zeek88

Star Member
Jan 10, 2023
Hi everyone. I did the test outside of Canada (in the U.S.) in September 2022. I'm a December 2021 applicant, and background check was completed in August before the test. I haven't been back to Canada since the test. I'm planning to go back in few weeks and update them via e-mail that I'm back - hoping that would move things. Officially, I called them twice, and they told me nothing seems to be outstanding and that I just need to wait. But based on what I'm seeing here, it seems it's worth it to go back and give it a shot. I'll update this page if ever (or whenever) I get any updates. Thanks all and good luck to all!

Dreamlad

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-04-2017
Med's Done....
23-06-2017
Hi everyone. I did the test outside of Canada (in the U.S.) in September 2022. I'm a December 2021 applicant, and background check was completed in August before the test. I haven't been back to Canada since the test. I'm planning to go back in few weeks and update them via e-mail that I'm back - hoping that would move things. Officially, I called them twice, and they told me nothing seems to be outstanding and that I just need to wait. But based on what I'm seeing here, it seems it's worth it to go back and give it a shot. I'll update this page if ever (or whenever) I get any updates. Thanks all and good luck to all!
They put my file on hold for 6 months until I returned. I can't prove it but it's a fact!

Zeek88

Star Member
Jan 10, 2023
They put my file on hold for 6 months until I returned. I can't prove it but it's a fact!
Yea, I think that's the case with me too. Even though every time I ask they say nothing about it. So it's better to go and check. Thanks for sharing you experience.

Reactions: Dreamlad

trainpnp

Oct 29, 2018
AOR Received.
20-04-2022
Yea, I think that's the case with me too. Even though every time I ask they say nothing about it. So it's better to go and check. Thanks for sharing you experience.
which office is processing your application?