+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delay of Study Permit

Mic_L

Apr 9, 2022
Hi Guys

Hope you are doing well.

I applied for my study permit in December. Now it is about 15 weeks, and I am still waiting for it. The page shows it just needs 13 weeks.

Also, I found my status has not changed for at least 10 weeks. It is always being processed. Like this:

--Review of eligibility - Review of eligibility

We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Review of medical results- Review of medical results

You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.

Review of additional documents - Review of additional documents

We do not need additional documents.

InterviewHelp - Interview

You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

BiometricsHelp - Biometrics

January 4, 2022 Completed.

Background check - Background check

We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final decision - Final decision

Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Did any have this problem? My intake will be next month. I do not know if I can get it on time. I submitted the web form to ask and they just said it is being processed, so useless.
Could anyone give some advice to me, please? I appreciate your help.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Guys

Hope you are doing well.

I applied for my study permit in December. Now it is about 15 weeks, and I am still waiting for it. The page shows it just needs 13 weeks.

Also, I found my status has not changed for at least 10 weeks. It is always being processed. Like this:

--Review of eligibility - Review of eligibility

We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Review of medical results- Review of medical results

You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.

Review of additional documents - Review of additional documents

We do not need additional documents.

InterviewHelp - Interview

You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

BiometricsHelp - Biometrics

January 4, 2022 Completed.

Background check - Background check

We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final decision - Final decision

Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Did any have this problem? My intake will be next month. I do not know if I can get it on time. I submitted the web form to ask and they just said it is being processed, so useless.
Could anyone give some advice to me, please? I appreciate your help.
There is nothing you can do. The processing time is an average so it can be 8 weeks or many months. You will need to decide close to intake whether to defer.

Mic_L

Apr 9, 2022
There is nothing you can do. The processing time is an average so it can be 8 weeks or many months. You will need to decide close to intake whether to defer.
Thank you.

I worry that there is something like mail or documents sent to me I missed, or my application is lost. Is it normal that the status has stayed for months?

Will a complaint work?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you.

I worry that there is something like mail or documents sent to me I missed, or my application is lost. Is it normal that the status has stayed for months?

Will a complaint work?
Your application is in progress. Nothing not normal. No one to complain to and many people have been waiting a lot longer than you. Again it is just an average.

sihan

Star Member
Jul 3, 2021
I feel your frustration. I too waited for a long time.
Albeit its been 8 weeks for me at this point.

Actually the Canadian schools generally advise students to apply 6 months prior to the intake start date.
Mine starts in Sept 2022, I sent in my application on Feb 2022.

While I might seem to have applied 'on time', but even if I get an approval from IRCC before my intake date, now it is already very close proximity to my course start date, I will be hard pressed for time to arrange for accommodation, air tickets, place of quarantine and arrive in Canada on time when classes commence.

I have no idea why IRCC can have such a long delay in processing applications and why they never considered upping their manpower to deal with the incredible backlog they have. They just rather do nothing, allow things to accumulate and make things difficult for everybody.

Mic_L

Apr 9, 2022
I feel your frustration. I too waited for a long time.
Albeit its been 8 weeks for me at this point.

Actually the Canadian schools generally advise students to apply 6 months prior to the intake start date.
Mine starts in Sept 2022, I sent in my application on Feb 2022.

While I might seem to have applied 'on time', but even if I get an approval from IRCC before my intake date, now it is already very close proximity to my course start date, I will be hard pressed for time to arrange for accommodation, air tickets, place of quarantine and arrive in Canada on time when classes commence.

I have no idea why IRCC can have such a long delay in processing applications and why they never considered upping their manpower to deal with the incredible backlog they have. They just rather do nothing, allow things to accumulate and make things difficult for everybody.
Hope you will get it soon. Few weeks ago, I could see the date period being finished in 'application status' page. However, it is disappeared now. I do not know if you can see it? I can forgive they make it slowly, but they should tell us real processing time.

sihan

Star Member
Jul 3, 2021
Hope you will get it soon. Few weeks ago, I could see the date period being finished in 'application status' page. However, it is disappeared now. I do not know if you can see it? I can forgive they make it slowly, but they should tell us real processing time.
Since every application is different, it makes sense that the time needed to process each application will be different also.
Given the amount of backlog they have as well, you cant really blame them for not providing an accurate processing time frame either.
But of course, if your application duration is taking longer than the average 13 weeks they are claiming now, there is certainly cause for you to be concerned.

The system only shows you the date you submitted your application, as well as the dates for each notification given.
I dun think you get to see other stuff.

This is my second SP application in fact.
The first one only took 1 month to approve.

I am changing schools to study now, so I submitted a new application altogether.
But I never expected the application to take so long now.