+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delay of Post Graduation Work Permit

Oct 28, 2019
Hi Everybody,
I have applied my PGWP on 16May but I did not get any update on my file. I have contacted the cic so many times by web forms and by calling them but they just keep telling me till now that be patient mam, I supervisor is working on it or you complaint have been in process and so many other excuses. But it is not helpful at all like what is going on with my application. Can anybody help me in this situation like what should do next or to call so I get my work permit. It been now almost 5 & half months I am worried now.
Thank you.

Oct 28, 2019
They said they have got my complaint and our supervisor is personally working on it. I don't think so they are taking it seriously because I am contacting them about this from last 3 months continuously but they are just putting me on hold by saying we are working on it mam call us on this date or after 2weeks and so on. And now its been almost 5and half months that i m waiting for my permit.

Sumi jophin

Jan 8, 2020
Helo friend did you get your work permit? I also want to know what you did for that, because I am also in same situation. I applied for my pgwp on july 18th 2019 , till today i did not get any updates. I called them many times and also i send so many web forms. But no use now its almost 6 months for me. I dont know what to do. Please reply me

Reactions: Ange Divine

jhez2007

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
Helo friend did you get your work permit? I also want to know what you did for that, because I am also in same situation. I applied for my pgwp on july 18th 2019 , till today i did not get any updates. I called them many times and also i send so many web forms. But no use now its almost 6 months for me. I dont know what to do. Please reply me
you can go to your MP for whom you are residing. They can contact IRCC on your behalf and it might help to force IRCC to give answer about your application. Good luck.

Sumi jophin

Jan 8, 2020
you can go to your MP for whom you are residing. They can contact IRCC on your behalf and it might help to force IRCC to give answer about your application. Good luck.

Thank you, i went to mp office they send email to cic so waiting for reply.

Harry1826

Nov 9, 2019
Hi Everybody,
I have applied my PGWP on 16May but I did not get any update on my file. I have contacted the cic so many times by web forms and by calling them but they just keep telling me till now that be patient mam, I supervisor is working on it or you complaint have been in process and so many other excuses. But it is not helpful at all like what is going on with my application. Can anybody help me in this situation like what should do next or to call so I get my work permit. It been now almost 5 & half months I am worried now.
Thank you.
Hi did you get any update ?

Sumi jophin

Jan 8, 2020
No i didn't get any updates yet. I went to mp office. They mailed to cic and they asked for urgent processing. But cic mailed me that now the file is with supervisor and they really don't know how long it will take. So be patient . I dont know what to do next

Harry1826

Nov 9, 2019
No i didn't get any updates yet. I went to mp office. They mailed to cic and they asked for urgent processing. But cic mailed me that now the file is with supervisor and they really don't know how long it will take. So be patient . I dont know what to do next
Hi Everybody,
Thank you.
Hi any update of your work permit ?

Ange Divine

Feb 21, 2020
It might be because they have amore application to go tru. My friend’s husband also apply after graduating in summer and it took him almost 6month. While other class mate applied the same time and td me they got it in 3months. I don’t real know but I think is not something personal i guess you have to be real patient.