+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delay Landing or Restart the PR process

AA2018

Dec 1, 2018
Hello Everyone!
Here is our situation and need your advise:
We (me and my wife) are Indian citizens and applied for Canada PR from US while being on H1b. We received the PR - A stamped VISA in our passports. And as a next step we are given a deadline to land in Canada in next two months - end of Jan 2019.

As we both are working and not planning to move to Canada soon- at least for a year, so we have two options:

Option-1: Go to Canada and come back in a week once we complete initial proceedings
Problems:
A. Need to go to US Visa Stamping and if it gets delayed our jobs will be in jeopardy
B. US Visa dates are unavailable until end of Feb - We are looking at a month of stay in Canada

Option-2: Cancel the PR and restart the process as we still have enough points to make it - Of course we will loose the money :(
Problems:
A. Don't know the cancellation of the approved PR - Is it called COPR?. What is the process to cancel?
B. If we cancel, will there be any problems when we apply again
C. I believe that I can use the same profile, please correct me if i am wrong
D. Any foreseen issues during the reapplication process

We appreciate your help in advance!

Thank you,
AA

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hello Everyone!
Here is our situation and need your advise:
We (me and my wife) are Indian citizens and applied for Canada PR from US while being on H1b. We received the PR - A stamped VISA in our passports. And as a next step we are given a deadline to land in Canada in next two months - end of Jan 2019.

As we both are working and not planning to move to Canada soon- at least for a year, so we have two options:

Option-1: Go to Canada and come back in a week once we complete initial proceedings
Problems:
A. Need to go to US Visa Stamping and if it gets delayed our jobs will be in jeopardy
B. US Visa dates are unavailable until end of Feb - We are looking at a month of stay in Canada

Option-2: Cancel the PR and restart the process as we still have enough points to make it - Of course we will loose the money :(
Problems:
A. Don't know the cancellation of the approved PR - Is it called COPR?. What is the process to cancel?
B. If we cancel, will there be any problems when we apply again
C. I believe that I can use the same profile, please correct me if i am wrong
D. Any foreseen issues during the reapplication process

We appreciate your help in advance!

Thank you,
AA
Why don't you just go to the nearest land border with Canada and do a landing there, then just turn round and go back to the USA border?

AA2018

Dec 1, 2018
Why don't you just go to the nearest land border with Canada and do a landing there, then just turn round and go back to the USA border?
Hello Zardoz,
If i do that then I wont be able to get back into US as my VISA is expired.
Thank you,
AA2018

AA2018

Dec 1, 2018
Look into "Automatic Visa Revalidation"

Also: when exactly are you planning to move to Canada?
Hello BobARC,
Thank you for your suggestion! I have never looked into it but my situation perfectly fits into it. I am planning to go to Canada by end of Jan and I dont see any VISA dates available until Mar. And We couldnt stay in Canada until March.

Has anyone recently went through ARC?

Thank you,
AA2018

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello BobARC,
Thank you for your suggestion! I have never looked into it but my situation perfectly fits into it. I am planning to go to Canada by end of Jan and I dont see any VISA dates available until Mar. And We couldnt stay in Canada until March.

Has anyone recently went through ARC?

Thank you,
AA2018
I don't think you're asking about an ARC. ARC has a very specific meaning for Canadian immigration - Authorization to Return to Canada. This is typically for people who have been deported.

AA2018

Dec 1, 2018
I don't think you're asking about an ARC. ARC has a very specific meaning for Canadian immigration - Authorization to Return to Canada. This is typically for people who have been deported.
I am sorry! you are right. I am asking about AVR.

Has anyone recently went through AVR- Automatic Visa Re-validation (Canada to US with expired VISA but with valid I94)?

Thank you,
AA2018

langoorbandar

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
Bay Area, USA
Visa Office......
Ottawa

sidroy09

Jul 26, 2013
I am sorry! you are right. I am asking about AVR.

Has anyone recently went through AVR- Automatic Visa Re-validation (Canada to US with expired VISA but with valid I94)?

Thank you,
AA2018
We did it back in Sept. H1B Visa was expired by valid i94 was there.
We came back without any problems. :)

AA2018

Dec 1, 2018
We did it back in Sept. H1B Visa was expired by valid i94 was there.
We came back without any problems. :)
That's great Sidroy!

Which port of entry that you used? Is there any process that I need to follow for AVR - Application, forms etc? Or take original approval copies and show during the entry into US?

Thank you,
AA2018

sidroy09

Jul 26, 2013
That's great Sidroy!

Which port of entry that you used? Is there any process that I need to follow for AVR - Application, forms etc? Or take original approval copies and show during the entry into US?

Thank you,
AA2018
No special process. Just show them the documents. We crossed the Peace Arch border, Surrey going from Washington State.
If you cross via land, then 99.9% chances are there that you will go through a secondary inspection as well as we it happened for us.
But don't worry. That is just a formality which may or may not be possible for them to complete at the border counter.
In case they are not aware of AVR, show them the print out copy of AVR. We also kept a copy though they never asked for it.

AA2018

Dec 1, 2018
No special process. Just show them the documents. We crossed the Peace Arch border, Surrey going from Washington State.
If you cross via land, then 99.9% chances are there that you will go through a secondary inspection as well as we it happened for us.
But don't worry. That is just a formality which may or may not be possible for them to complete at the border counter.
In case they are not aware of AVR, show them the print out copy of AVR. We also kept a copy though they never asked for it.
Thank you for the details Sidroy09!

Before I knew about the AVR process I have created US VISA appointment account but I haven't submitted DS form and no appointment has been scheduled.

And as I was going through the AVR process, it says:
"The rule is that there should be NO pending visa application at the time of re-entry to make use of ‘Automatic Revalidation’ process."

Does it mean am I NOT eligible? Again I just created a profile and paid fees to check available VISA dates in Canada.Is my application visible even though I haven't submitted my DS form and not scheduled VISA interview?

I really appreciate if someone confirm that it wont cause any issues for me?

Thank you,
AA2018.

sidroy09

Jul 26, 2013
Thank you for the details Sidroy09!

Before I knew about the AVR process I have created US VISA appointment account but I haven't submitted DS form and no appointment has been scheduled.

And as I was going through the AVR process, it says:
"The rule is that there should be NO pending visa application at the time of re-entry to make use of ‘Automatic Revalidation’ process."

Does it mean am I NOT eligible? Again I just created a profile and paid fees to check available VISA dates in Canada.Is my application visible even though I haven't submitted my DS form and not scheduled VISA interview?

I really appreciate if someone confirm that it wont cause any issues for me?

Thank you,
AA2018.
I don't think that should be a problem.
There should not be any pending visa application must be something like change of status or visa application is with the consulate for processing.
Since you have not appeared for interview, your visa application is not started yet.

AA2018

Dec 1, 2018
I don't think that should be a problem.
There should not be any pending visa application must be something like change of status or visa application is with the consulate for processing.
Since you have not appeared for interview, your visa application is not started yet.
Excellent!!
I am planning to complete my landing before the end of this month and I will post my experience.

Thank you so much for your replies and really appreciate it.

AA2018

Reactions: sidroy09