+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delay in Work permit extension (Inland) (ICT)(LMIA Exempt)

Hameshk

Star Member
Mar 17, 2016
Hi Hameshk,

any update?
No update even after 153 days
I talk to my two local mp yesterday, they said they will put inquiry on cic regarding this case and will let you know in week.
Meanwhile my consultant says looks like you're file transferred to edmenton office and they have no specific time for finishing files, I almost sending webform daily nothing helpful
Tried my best rest is on God

Yaha14

Jun 11, 2017
No update even after 153 days
I talk to my two local mp yesterday, they said they will put inquiry on cic regarding this case and will let you know in week.
Meanwhile my consultant says looks like you're file transferred to edmenton office and they have no specific time for finishing files, I almost sending webform daily nothing helpful
Tried my best rest is on God
That is insane.

What is your Eligibility status? Did it turn into we are checking your eligibility?

What is a Background status check?

justfor4.2009

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
Hi,friends. I need your expert advice,I have BCPNP nomination and work supporting letter ( with work supporting letter OF BC,can I apply for WP for BC before submitting express entry file for PR..I am BC express entry skilled category candidate..I am confused because I come to know you can't apply for WP unless u applied for express entry and having AOR number, you need to mentioned in WP file.. pls let.me.know, is it true or we can apply for WP before EE file submission.?

giovangonzalez

Mar 24, 2018
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi,friends. I need your expert advice,I have BCPNP nomination and work supporting letter ( with work supporting letter OF BC,can I apply for WP for BC before submitting express entry file for PR..I am BC express entry skilled category candidate..I am confused because I come to know you can't apply for WP unless u applied for express entry and having AOR number, you need to mentioned in WP file.. pls let.me.know, is it true or we can apply for WP before EE file submission.?
Hi,

if your nomination has employment restrictions you can apply for a closed work permit before the EE and AOR. You must comply with the employer fee.

You can read the work permit section on https://www.welcomebc.ca/getmedia/cb7fb287-f5a9-4b50-99d5-a352c56c2a1a/BC-PNP-Skills-Immigration-EEBC-Post-Nomination-Guide.pdf.aspx

If your nomination doesn´t have employment restrictions, then you can apply for a Bridge Open Work Permit and in that case you will need the AOR.

justfor4.2009

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
Thn
Hi,

if your nomination has employment restrictions you can apply for a closed work permit before the EE and AOR. You must comply with the employer fee.

You can read the work permit section on https://www.welcomebc.ca/getmedia/cb7fb287-f5a9-4b50-99d5-a352c56c2a1a/BC-PNP-Skills-Immigration-EEBC-Post-Nomination-Guide.pdf.aspx

If your nomination doesn´t have employment restrictions, then you can apply for a Bridge Open Work Permit and in that case you will need the AOR.
Thanx for reply,there is a coloum in my nomination certificate which mentioned (Restriction on employment employement - NO) what it means ?

and what is the difference between closed and Bridge open work

Which one is better option for work permit ?

Pls reply I am very confused and I am outland candidate and for bridge open work permit candidate must be from canada

Last edited:

sfmoosavian

May 31, 2019
I applied for an LMIA-exempt work permit on July 19 inland and while I was a Ph.D. student to be able to work as a post-doc. The processing time for work-permit applications is 8 weeks on the CIC website. Regarding my application, it is already taken 106 days (15 weeks), and still no news. Is it possible that they reject the application after such a long time? That would be really terrible.

csadangi

Jul 1, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-07-2019
Doc's Request.
Additional documents submitted upfront on 16-08-19
AOR Received.
17-07-2019
IELTS Request
Jan-2019
Med's Done....
16-08-2019
I applied for an LMIA-exempt work permit on July 19 inland and while I was a Ph.D. student to be able to work as a post-doc. The processing time for work-permit applications is 8 weeks on the CIC website. Regarding my application, it is already taken 106 days (15 weeks), and still no news. Is it possible that they reject the application after such a long time? That would be really terrible.
Whatever you apply inland, they consider it as WP extension (verified from CIC). They just started working on mid July applications, so you will hear about it next week.

Reactions: sfmoosavian

sfmoosavian

May 31, 2019
Whatever you apply inland, they consider it as WP extension (verified from CIC). They just started working on mid July applications, so you will hear about it next week.
Thank you very much for your reply. I checked the processing time for WP Extention. It seems that they are working on applications received on June 25, 2019. Am I wrong?

csadangi

Jul 1, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-07-2019
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
17-07-2019
IELTS Request
Jan-2019
Med's Done....
16-08-2019

sfmoosavian

May 31, 2019
Thank you so much. I hope I hear some news next week.

Could I ask how do you know that they are working on applications submitted in Mid-July?

csadangi

Jul 1, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-07-2019
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
17-07-2019
IELTS Request
Jan-2019
Med's Done....
16-08-2019
Thank you so much. I hope I hear some news next week.

Could I ask how do you know that they are working on applications submitted in Mid-July?
the answer is in the 1st thread I provided ;)

Reactions: sfmoosavian