+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delay in Visitor Visa // 2024

hoobla756

Apr 17, 2024
Hello Everyone
Hope everyone is doing well

As of March 1 2024, I have applied for my spouse's visitor visa application for my convocation visit. She completed her biometrics on March 18, 2024. There was crucial documents that were missing which I added via a webform (and also got respective acknowledgement).

Coming to the point, ever since the biometric completion, I have been checking the processing time. But just as of today (April 17, 2024) I saw the processing time got increased from the usual 40 days to 60 days. Is there anyone in this forum whose TRV application which got approved in the recent timeline? Is the IRCC processing time getting slow again?

Would appreciate some responses. Thanks a lot.

sam001

Star Member
Apr 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2014
AOR Received.
15-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-04-2015
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
LANDED..........
Sept 30, 2015
Hello Everyone
Hope everyone is doing well

As of March 1 2024, I have applied for my spouse's visitor visa application for my convocation visit. She completed her biometrics on March 18, 2024. There was crucial documents that were missing which I added via a webform (and also got respective acknowledgement).

Coming to the point, ever since the biometric completion, I have been checking the processing time. But just as of today (April 17, 2024) I saw the processing time got increased from the usual 40 days to 60 days. Is there anyone in this forum whose TRV application which got approved in the recent timeline? Is the IRCC processing time getting slow again?

Would appreciate some responses. Thanks a lot.
IRCC Singapore is punishing real applicants for the fraudulent applications over the last two years from Bangladesh. The agents have done everything in their ability to submit fake documents and all the asylum claims of the Bangladeshi visitors visa made things worse. I have applied my wife’s TRV end of January and ever since the biometric on Feb 05, there has been absolutely no update. I contacted via web forms, my local MP requested them to expedite, but they dont give a shit. The worst part is, there is no timeline. I have never seen such delay with applications before. You can just wait and hope things will move

hoobla756

Apr 17, 2024
IRCC Singapore is punishing real applicants for the fraudulent applications over the last two years from Bangladesh. The agents have done everything in their ability to submit fake documents and all the asylum claims of the Bangladeshi visitors visa made things worse. I have applied my wife’s TRV end of January and ever since the biometric on Feb 05, there has been absolutely no update. I contacted via web forms, my local MP requested them to expedite, but they dont give a shit. The worst part is, there is no timeline. I have never seen such delay with applications before. You can just wait and hope things will move
So, due to the massive amount fraudulent visitor visitor based asylum seeker - we the GENUINE applications are in a limbo? So, I cant do anything other than to wait, right?

sam001

Star Member
Apr 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2014
AOR Received.
15-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-04-2015
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
LANDED..........
Sept 30, 2015
So, due to the massive amount fraudulent visitor visitor based asylum seeker - we the GENUINE applications are in a limbo? So, I cant do anything other than to wait, right?
Thats what I have been doing. I am a Canadian citizen and pulled every possible strings and still no luck. They said the application passed everything and pending an officer review. Almost 80 days for me. They are now verifying every documents and each and every application with utmost scrutiny. You might get lucky and get the visa earlier but no one knows. Just sharing my experience so far. Paying prices for all the “lungi” visas over the last 18 months especially from Sylhet

hoobla756

Apr 17, 2024
Thats what I have been doing. I am a Canadian citizen and pulled every possible strings and still no luck. They said the application passed everything and pending an officer review. Almost 80 days for me. They are now verifying every documents and each and every application with utmost scrutiny. You might get lucky and get the visa earlier but no one knows. Just sharing my experience so far. Paying prices for all the “lungi” visas over the last 18 months especially from Sylhet
That's so frustrating. I'm gonna graduate soon and gonna have my Convocation ceremony early June. My parents already got their visa (on Oct 2023, it took 20 days for theirs to get approved). But for my spouse, the timeline is the worst I guess. And believe me, I can strongly relate to the "lungi visa from sylhet". There is a whole army of those in here. So many. Sometimes I think, how did they even get approved?

Last edited:

sam001

Star Member
Apr 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2014
AOR Received.
15-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-04-2015
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
LANDED..........
Sept 30, 2015
That's so frustrating. I'm gonna graduate soon and gonna have my Convocation ceremony early June. My parents already got their visa (on Oct 20, it took 20 days for theirs to get approved). But for my spouse, the timeline is the worst I guess. And believe me, I can strongly relate to the "lungi visa from sylhet". There is a whole army of those in here. So many. Sometimes I think, how did they even get approved
If you see eligibility completed in the tracker, you should be good but noone knows when the application will be finalized