+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delay in Visa Stamping

Mannik Sethi

Mar 9, 2021
Hello everyone.
My passport was sent to the VFS office through 2 way courier service on 02nd Mar, and reached IRCC Chandigarh on 03rd Mar.
Post that, I have not received any update on my passport application tracking page except that the passport has been received and is under review at the office.
Is there a reason behind the delay as my city from where the passport was picked is New Delhi ?
What is the usual timeline for passport to get stamped and dispatched from IRCC and VFS ?

Please help.

Reactions: Bismark Addai

Random_guy

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
Mine reached Chandigarh too yesterday, and no update after that. They are taking their good ol time at every step of the process, though we must ignore weekends and public holidays.

Reactions: Mannik Sethi

NSidhuD

Mar 8, 2021
Mine reached Chandigarh too yesterday, and no update after that. They are taking their good ol time at every step of the process, though we must ignore weekends and public holidays.
I raised webform on sunday and still no payment link..let's wait for tomorrow. Then will mail .. so after how many days you got payment link? N did u fill form again ? Also , any written mail you can share here to get payment link ...I thought PPR is like sigh of relief but this cumbersome process is giving me chills..

Mannik Sethi

Mar 9, 2021
Thanks! I just wanted to confirm if there is a timeline as mine has been with the visa office since 3rd March. Although, I have just checked my GC key account, and the pending decisions are completed. Received the counterfoil too. So maybe will receive the passport back by end of this week.

Mannik Sethi

Mar 9, 2021
I raised webform on sunday and still no payment link..let's wait for tomorrow. Then will mail .. so after how many days you got payment link? N did u fill form again ? Also , any written mail you can share here to get payment link ...I thought PPR is like sigh of relief but this cumbersome process is giving me chills..
Did you try to contact them through Twitter ? The latest tweet from VFS was yesterday at 1930hrs IST about delay in the passport services due high volume of requests. Try contacting them through twitter via DM. It has helped many students.

Ravij2802

Dec 19, 2020
My passport was delivered on 8th March .Since then no update.
Please update on the turnaround time of 2 way courier service / passport stamping.

navyharry

Star Member
Nov 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2016
AOR Received.
5-7-2016
File Transfer...
26-8-2016
Med's Done....
28-4-2016
Passport Req..
9-2-2017
Mine was delivered on march 5 at chandigarh
Now fingers crossed .

prashar.chhavi

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
I got mail today from VFS global
Subject line- Requested additional details
Dear Applicant,

Tracking ID: 2021**************

The Canada Visa Application Center (CVAC) staff has the following observation about your application:

Remarks: PLEASE FIND TRACKING ID:2021********** AND AWB NO:3820****** FOR FURTHER TRACKING...

Kindly contact the CVAC for further clarifications.

But when I try tracking from above mentioned tracking ID it shows no records found.
Does anyone have any idea about this then please help.