+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delay in Visa process

sar858

Jul 12, 2017
Hello every one,
My husband and I applied for a study permit and visitor visa on April 4th. It is still processing, and when we sent them an email about 5 weeks ago asking for an expedite, we were told that they are processing our background check. It has already been 14 weeks. Is there anything we can do to accelerate it? The fall semester will begin on Sep 1st. I'm not sure if we can make it.

Perks Daltine

Star Member
May 16, 2017
Hello every one,
My husband and I applied for a study permit and visitor visa on April 4th. It is still processing, and when we sent them an email about 5 weeks ago asking for an expedite, we were told that they are processing our background check. It has already been 14 weeks. Is there anything we can do to accelerate it? The fall semester will begin on Sep 1st. I'm not sure if we can make it.
what is the average processing time im the office were you submitted you applocation? what method did you use on the applocation. online or paper applocation?

sar858

Jul 12, 2017
what is the average processing time im the office were you submitted you applocation? what method did you use on the applocation. online or paper applocation?
The average time is 5 weeks for study permit and we applied through online application.

Perks Daltine

Star Member
May 16, 2017
The average time is 5 weeks for study permit and we applied through online application.
It has taken a while for sure. I think it calls for attention. but you and your husband
Hello every one,
probably because you guys applied for 2 visas but am sure its seprately. If the immigration told you to wait. then wait. the is still time though. let july runs. they know very well your school statrs in september. its rare though but i guess its because you guys applied for 2 at a time sm not sure though. but hold on. the best you can do now is to make your police clearance if you have not or check on your medical if you did not submit upfront medical then you wait as they requested

sar858

Jul 12, 2017
It has taken a while for sure. I think it calls for attention. but you and your husband

probably because you guys applied for 2 visas but am sure its seprately. If the immigration told you to wait. then wait. the is still time though. let july runs. they know very well your school statrs in september. its rare though but i guess its because you guys applied for 2 at a time sm not sure though. but hold on. the best you can do now is to make your police clearance if you have not or check on your medical if you did not submit upfront medical then you wait as they requested
Thank you for your reply, I hope they get back to us soon. I was thinking about withdrawing the applications and reapply. Does it sound rational?