+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delay in (TRV) visiting visa application from Nigeria

Tplepsey

Nov 3, 2019
I submitted my trv online application for myself and son on August 1st 2019. It has been on background check since October. Medical -cleared, additional documents - cleared, biometrics - cleared, interview - no interview required, Eligibility - under review and final decision - under processing till date 2 -11- 2019 and travel date was October 25th to November 2nd 2019. What do i need to do please? Its a visiting visa

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
I submitted my trv online application for myself and son on August 1st 2019. It has been on background check since October. Medical -cleared, additional documents - cleared, biometrics - cleared, interview - no interview required, Eligibility - under review and final decision - under processing till date 2 -11- 2019 and travel date was October 25th to November 2nd 2019. What do i need to do please? Its a visiting visa
Nothing to do but wait. Estimated number of days processing is 71 based on https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html. You can do a follow up at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Due to the number of asylum seekers arriving from Nigeria there is likely to be increased scrutiny before approving a visa. Processing times are just estimates.

Reactions: Tplepsey

EBIMAJ

Nov 5, 2019
Same boat with me but submitted mine July 29th 2019, Online in lagos, Nigeria. Still waiting..............

Tplepsey

Nov 3, 2019
Same boat with me but submitted mine July 29th 2019, Online in lagos, Nigeria. Still waiting..............
Yes. We submitted ours Trv application online in Lagos Nigeria as well on August 1st 2019. Its 96 days today (over 3 months) Guess there are lots of backlogs. Our travel date was last weekend. I hope for positive response though

Reactions: EBIMAJ

EBIMAJ

Nov 5, 2019
I hope your travel date hasn't passed like ours.
It has...i had a flight reservation to Toronto for my wife and myself for Sept 16th - Sept 29th. our vacation was just for 14 days. i just hope our visas come out positive since it has stayed/delayed this long.

Do you have any US travel history?

Tplepsey

Nov 3, 2019
It has...i had a flight reservation to Toronto for my wife and myself for Sept 16th - Sept 29th. our vacation was just for 14 days. i just hope our visas come out positive since it has stayed/delayed this long.

Do you have any US travel history?

Tplepsey

Nov 3, 2019
OK. Yes I will. Fingers crossed. If it's working days wait time for processing in Nigeria..mine is 74 days today.
Hi, if it's 71 working days then mine should be 71 working days yesterday. But all the public holidays must be deducted as well which would make it lesser than 71 working days. But 71 working days will definitely be completed next week

Dhaobee

Feb 19, 2019
Hi guys,

I applied for my parents online on the 10th of August. Till date,status remains the same “Application is in progress”.
They are due to travel to the US Next week for an obligation, so I had to contact the VFS offices in New York and LA asking if it was possible for them to get their passport stamped over there, when/if approved and they said Yes! Imagine that I sent same email to VFS Lagos and Accra and got no response from them so annoying!
So I have booked their tickets to the US, praying that the Canadian TRV will come through.
Will keep you guys updated, please let me know as well when yours comes through, Goodluck!! @EBIMAJ and @Tplepsey