+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delay in Study Permit Visa in Abu Dhabi (Sharing my Experience)

saifaldabagh

Jul 9, 2018
I applied for a study permit online on 19th of April. The study permit application is being processed in Abu Dhabi. Fingerprints completed on 23rd of April. I have received an admission offer from UBC to study PhD in Civil Engineering starting in September. I have received a research assistantship to cover my expanses in Canada. I am from Iraq and I have been living in Dubai for almost 18 years. I completed my bachelors and masters degree in civil engineering in 2014 and 2016, respectively, and I am currently working as a Structural Engineer in Dubai. I have contacted the embassy in Abu Dhabi through the case specific inquiry on 7th of June and received a reply on 12th of June stating that they are currently conducting certain background investigations. Please note that medical exam was not required since I am currently living in Dubai.

I am not really sure why is taking so long. I hope if someone else going through the same process can share his/her experience here. Does it mean that since they are conducting background investigations, review of eligibility stage is completed although it is still showing online that review of eligibility stage is still going on. It is very confusing, I hope you guys can help.

khanemc2

Jun 16, 2018
I applied for a study permit online on 19th of April. The study permit application is being processed in Abu Dhabi. Fingerprints completed on 23rd of April. I have received an admission offer from UBC to study PhD in Civil Engineering starting in September. I have received a research assistantship to cover my expanses in Canada. I am from Iraq and I have been living in Dubai for almost 18 years. I completed my bachelors and masters degree in civil engineering in 2014 and 2016, respectively, and I am currently working as a Structural Engineer in Dubai. I have contacted the embassy in Abu Dhabi through the case specific inquiry on 7th of June and received a reply on 12th of June stating that they are currently conducting certain background investigations. Please note that medical exam was not required since I am currently living in Dubai.

I am not really sure why is taking so long. I hope if someone else going through the same process can share his/her experience here. Does it mean that since they are conducting background investigations, review of eligibility stage is completed although it is still showing online that review of eligibility stage is still going on. It is very confusing, I hope you guys can help.
Hi...same case with me.

I am Indian living in Bahrain hv submitted online application on 13th June...it's been 26 day no update yet...they hv not yet started reviewing my eligibility...I am totally tensed.
My profile:
Master at University of Waterloo
IELTS 7
Paid 1 term fee 11000 CAD and taken 10000 CAD Scotia bank gic.
I had taken upfront medical test from India even though it's not required since i am living in Bahrain.

saifaldabagh

Jul 9, 2018
Hi...same case with me.

I am Indian living in Bahrain hv submitted online application on 13th June...it's been 26 day no update yet...they hv not yet started reviewing my eligibility...I am totally tensed.
My profile:
Master at University of Waterloo
IELTS 7
Paid 1 term fee 11000 CAD and taken 10000 CAD Scotia bank gic.
I had taken upfront medical test from India even though it's not required since i am living in Bahrain.
Have you tried contacting them through the case specific inquiry? maybe in your case I think you have not yet exceeded normal processing time provided on the website?

khanemc2

Jun 16, 2018
Have you tried contacting them through the case specific inquiry? maybe in your case I think you have not yet exceeded normal processing time provided on the website?
Is it normal that nothing get updated and we finally get Visa approval

khanemc2

Jun 16, 2018
I had taken upfront medical test and had also submitted e-medical report...but still it didn't got updated... though I don't need medical as I live in Bahrain for more than 1 year

nadeem raza

Jul 14, 2018

Same Delay in my case too, i have applied on-line application on 24apr2018 and got reply on 20-jun-2018 for submitting additional docs, same day i had replied and submitted additional docs, but now complete silent.... kindly advise and how you have contacted canadian embassy? i belive they wont allow applicants reaching embassy directly....

nadeem raza

Jul 14, 2018
how
Same Delay in my case too, i have applied on-line application on 24apr2018 and got reply on 20-jun-2018 for submitting additional docs, same day i had replied and submitted additional docs, but now complete silent.... kindly advise and how you have contacted canadian embassy? i belive they wont allow applicants reaching embassy directly....
how to contact canadian embassy abu dhabi?

saifaldabagh

Jul 9, 2018
just submit a case specific inquiry online and the embassy will reply about the status. It may take up to 10 working days to get a reply.

comeflywithme

Jul 2, 2018
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi Online
App. Filed.......
25-06-2018
Any update guyz.. i have submitted mine on 25 june online from pakistan and no update so far. Our applications are also processed in Abu Dhabi

Teifa

Aug 5, 2018
Hello everyone,
I have submitted my application along with the passport in paper from Qatar on 10th of June, and yet I didn’t receive any notification. It is still under processing. If the processing time takes that long this means the study permit is approved or not? What do you say?

vandana Pandey

Star Member
Aug 15, 2018
Hello everyone,
I have submitted my application along with the passport in paper from Qatar on 10th of June, and yet I didn’t receive any notification. It is still under processing. If the processing time takes that long this means the study permit is approved or not? What do you say?
I also applied from qatar on 1st july for student permit same status medical passes and till now no response . Did you get visa? Pls reply oam too tensed
Or anyone else got from qatar
For me 2months gone
Classes started

Teifa

Aug 5, 2018
I also applied from qatar on 1st july for student permit same status medical passes and till now no response . Did you get visa? Pls reply oam too tensed
Or anyone else got from qatar
For me 2months gone
Classes started
No I got a refusal after a 2 month waiting...

vandana Pandey

Star Member
Aug 15, 2018

Same case here
Applied on july 1medical updated
Eligibility checking
2 months gone
Classes started
Too much worried