+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DELAY IN STUDY PERMIT PROCESSING at Dubai

Sher 1234

Mar 16, 2019
I've applied for study permit in Jan 2019, through vfs dubai, then I linked my application with online application portal. it's been more than 7 weeks but still no reply. on VFS website it's showing the same 'under process in Abudhabi office' and on online application portal the status is "We are processing your application"
yesterday I've placed case specific Inquiry. let's see

is there anyone with the same situation ?

shoshi

Feb 28, 2019
yes i feel you
i applied on december 2 (2018) and still nothing i'm pretty sure they forgot us i'm so nervous

Strygald

Mar 15, 2019
Not the Dubai office, but i'm in the same boat .. I applied at the London office in early november but still no decision, it has been 127 days now or 18 weeks and 1 day. After I missed my start date for my course I started pestering them with specific case enquiries once per month but they always just say the same thing: "we are actively processing your application as quickly as we can blah blah". The college has been understanding but I guess they are losing income by reserving a seat on the course and deferring me to a later start date, at the current rate I wouldn't be surprised if I need to defer again!

Sohail K

Jan 21, 2019
I've applied for study permit in Jan 2019, through vfs dubai, then I linked my application with online application portal. it's been more than 7 weeks but still no reply. on VFS website it's showing the same 'under process in Abudhabi office' and on online application portal the status is "We are processing your application"
yesterday I've placed case specific Inquiry. let's see

is there anyone with the same situation ?
Applied through VFS Abu Dhabi on 12th Feb, as per status they are checling the eligibility & background check.

shoshi

Feb 28, 2019
i received an email today after almost 4 months and it got refused :( i spent all this time dying of anxiety i hope you guys get better lucky than i got

Sher 1234

Mar 16, 2019
i received an email today after almost 4 months and it got refused :( i spent all this time dying of anxiety i hope you guys get better lucky than i got
could you please share your profile ? here or on what'sapp? +923335605482?

Sher 1234

Mar 16, 2019
Not the Dubai office, but i'm in the same boat .. I applied at the London office in early november but still no decision, it has been 127 days now or 18 weeks and 1 day. After I missed my start date for my course I started pestering them with specific case enquiries once per month but they always just say the same thing: "we are actively processing your application as quickly as we can blah blah". The college has been understanding but I guess they are losing income by reserving a seat on the course and deferring me to a later start date, at the current rate I wouldn't be surprised if I need to defer again!
Good luck man, keep us posted about your status

Strygald

Mar 15, 2019
Sorry to hear about your outcome ... the nightmare ended at least, now you can make a new plan!

Deetwo

Apr 6, 2019
MY application to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) for a study permit was done on February 2nd 2019 and Biometric instruction letter was sent on February 6th 2019. I went for the Biometic and validity of the Biometic information was issued on February 22nd 2019. And no reply ever since then, hope my application is till valid ?? my program will start by may 2nd 2019....what should i do ????

Unicorn82

Apr 23, 2019
Hey guys .I have enrolled for Sept 2019 intake and planning to submit my application in a day or 2 from abudhabi .any advise please .All I heard is rejections from every one is their any one who successfully got study permit. Pls share

corvus

Apr 28, 2019
Hi All,

I was accepted for the MBA degree for July 2019 intake. I applied study permit online on 13th of April. Received biometrics letter on 14th. Gave biometrics on 15th. I have more than enough funds for my education and for my living during my studies. I believe my LoE is comprehensive. I have no criminal records (police certificate is provided as an attachment on my LoE). I am currently holding USA and UK tourist visas. Both are valid. I had several Schengen visas and countless entries to EU countries without any violation of visa procedures.

When I check my application online I am seeing below:

Review of eligibility - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of medical results - You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents - We do not need additional documents.
Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics - We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Biometrics:
  • Biometrics Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date of Biometrics Enrolment: April 15, 2019
  • Expiry Date: April 15, 2029
When I check on the site it says 7 weeks to process study permits however, I have discussed several agencies that they told me it's usually between 2-4 weeks. When do you think I should be hearing from the consulate depending on your experiences in Dubai?

Thanks in advance.