+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delay in Study Permit Extension - Biometrics

mindbender20

Feb 15, 2020
Hi
I applied for study permit extension on Jan 12th and and got a mail from IRCC on Feb 5th that I need to give my Biometrics, so paid the fee and send them the receipt and got the acknowledgement.
However I still dint get any letter from IRCC to give my bio metrics. My Study permit is expiring on March 30th and my college is getting over by April 27th after which Im planning to apply for PGWP .
But due to long processing days will the IRCC reject my SPE because of the reason that I finished the college? or will they consider my application because I applied in Jan?
If the reject my application for SPE How do I extend my stay in Canada and get my PGWP?

NAVNII

Jan 6, 2019
Hi
I applied for study permit extension on Jan 12th and and got a mail from IRCC on Feb 5th that I need to give my Biometrics, so paid the fee and send them the receipt and got the acknowledgement.
However I still dint get any letter from IRCC to give my bio metrics. My Study permit is expiring on March 30th and my college is getting over by April 27th after which Im planning to apply for PGWP .
But due to long processing days will the IRCC reject my SPE because of the reason that I finished the college? or will they consider my application because I applied in Jan?
If the reject my application for SPE How do I extend my stay in Canada and get my PGWP?
Only one option restoration along with PGWP but the success rate of these applications very low .

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Hi
If rejected you will need to do restoration to student + sp + pgwp application all at once, that is the procedure and it should be granted. Did you explain in your extension that you need it for PGWP as well?

Reactions: NAVNII