+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delay in PR Card Processing

Oct 16, 2019
Hi All

I, as many of you here received my COPR in June and have landed in Toronto on 01/08/2019 I returned back to Dubai (where I am currently based) on 09/08/2019.

On 15/08/2019 I received a mail asking me to resubmit 2 photos according to the specification within 30 days. (I have provided a friend's address for my PR card to be delivered)

I have sent the same (photo and the mail) to the address mentioned and it has reached on 25rd August (to 49 Dorchester Street, Sydney, NS, B1P 5Z2 – picked up by d.j)

I am still waiting for the PR card after 56 days post photo submission.

Should I be worried on the delay?

I would appreciate your inputs.

Regards
Ashwin

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
Hi All

I, as many of you here received my COPR in June and have landed in Toronto on 01/08/2019 I returned back to Dubai (where I am currently based) on 09/08/2019.

On 15/08/2019 I received a mail asking me to resubmit 2 photos according to the specification within 30 days. (I have provided a friend's address for my PR card to be delivered)

I have sent the same (photo and the mail) to the address mentioned and it has reached on 25rd August (to 49 Dorchester Street, Sydney, NS, B1P 5Z2 – picked up by d.j)

I am still waiting for the PR card after 56 days post photo submission.

Should I be worried on the delay?

I would appreciate your inputs.

Regards
Ashwin
It shouldn't have taken this long. Try calling IRCC and ask for an update.

Reactions: Adanac11
Oct 16, 2019
Thanks for the advice.
I have raised a CSE in the above link. Did not receive any confirmation on to my mail regarding the launched information request.

Does such delays often happen? I hope its not much to be worried about.

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
Thanks for the advice.
I have raised a CSE in the above link. Did not receive any confirmation on to my mail regarding the launched information request.

Does such delays often happen? I hope its not much to be worried about.
Sometimes it takes time to get the confirmation. There is nothing to worry about, just an unfortunate delay for you.

Reactions: Adanac11
Oct 16, 2019
Hi,

Today I did get a message from IRCC

It basically said the below:
Good day XXX,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information on file and are pleased to inform you that your Permanent Resident card (PR card) was sent on September 18, 2019, at the following address:

------
------
If you do not receive your card at the address above by October 30, 2019 or if your address has changed, please contact us again by filling the IRCC Web form.

Seems like my card did not reach the address that I have given.

I cross checked the address in the below link and it seems to be correct on what I have given to IRCC and the actual one (This is one of my friends address).

Currently I am a little confused that my card might be lost in the mail.

Anyone know on what could be the next steps?