+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delay in Medical for adding spouse to application?

ak172

Feb 15, 2013
Hey guys!

I need some suggestions on timing of my medical. I am based out of Toronto and got an email from CIO Sydney Nova Scotia requesting my medical. I got that email 2 days ago and have 2 months to get my medical done.

I will be getting married in November this year and want to add my wife's name to my application before I become a PR. Since it is still 5 months to my marriage, there is a possibility that if I get my medical done now, it would be expired by the time CIC completes processing my application after adding my wife's name to it.

Should I request CIC to increase deadline for my medical? Please suggest.

Thanks.

samlogani

Jan 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ak172 said:
Hey guys!

I need some suggestions on timing of my medical. I am based out of Toronto and got an email from CIO Sydney Nova Scotia requesting my medical. I got that email 2 days ago and have 2 months to get my medical done.

I will be getting married in November this year and want to add my wife's name to my application before I become a PR. Since it is still 5 months to my marriage, there is a possibility that if I get my medical done now, it would be expired by the time CIC completes processing my application after adding my wife's name to it.

Should I request CIC to increase deadline for my medical? Please suggest.

Thanks.
Are you asking you wanna delay your PR because you want to add spouse in your app? Medicals is just one step in whole process
you Got to understand one thing, you can't add your spouse until you have a marriage certificate with you. You might need to make her a new Passport and add spouse name in it

If I am you, I will go ahead and submit medicals,. There are more steps in whole app process like passport request etc , submitting PCC etc

To add spouse at this stage, you will need to submit application package that you can only do when a visa officer will touch your file.

let me know if you need more information,