+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delay in getting SIN from Service Canada

Diksha1822

Aug 3, 2022
IRCC has mixed my profile with someone else by mistake, thus due to this in their database I am referred as some student who travelled Canada in 2019. But I arrived on 15th June 2022 as PR through PNP program and never studied in Canada.
I started facing problems because of this, firstly at immigration section at Airport in Canada when i arrived for the first time. I faced issues while getting my SIN number that i applied within the first week but as of now there is no update. I tried calling Service Canada and went in-person many times but all in vain. It has been around 40+ days that i haven't received my SIN number and my employer is not able to pay because of this. Due to this I am unable to get another job and to get salary from existing employer. Did any one face similar concern? How I can atleast get my salary which is very necessary for my survival as new immigrant?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
IRCC has mixed my profile with someone else by mistake, thus due to this in their database I am referred as some student who travelled Canada in 2019. But I arrived on 15th June 2022 as PR through PNP program and never studied in Canada.
I started facing problems because of this, firstly at immigration section at Airport in Canada when i arrived for the first time. I faced issues while getting my SIN number that i applied within the first week but as of now there is no update. I tried calling Service Canada and went in-person many times but all in vain. It has been around 40+ days that i haven't received my SIN number and my employer is not able to pay because of this. Due to this I am unable to get another job and to get salary from existing employer. Did any one face similar concern? How I can atleast get my salary which is very necessary for my survival as new immigrant?
I would suggest contacting your MP's office.

Reactions: Tubsmagee