+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delay in getting SIN and application is routed to IRCC

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am a new to Canada and came with work permit and applied for my SIN in person recently. while I enter into sin office they will provide you the small peace of paper all they will ask to fill the father name and mother name, while filling i was miss spelled my father name and enter the last name (basically my father doesn't have any last name in my passport) i think this is region being they are requesting some information to cross check from IRCC to validate, the customer care agent said that my application has been routed to IRCC to get some information. When I asked for what specific information they are waiting for from IRCC, the customer care representative said they do not have that information. I tried calling IRCC regarding the same, and couldn't get through due to high call volume and the system did not connect my call.

Is there anybody who was in the same situation and got their SIN? I am curious to know what I need to do to get my SIN quickly, please provide you suggestion would be appreciated
You need to also contact Service CAnada and correct your father's name

ea0730

Jun 14, 2021
I am a new to Canada and came with work permit and applied for my SIN in person recently. while I enter into sin office they will provide you the small peace of paper all they will ask to fill the father name and mother name, while filling i was miss spelled my father name and enter the last name (basically my father doesn't have any last name in my passport) i think this is region being they are requesting some information to cross check from IRCC to validate, the customer care agent said that my application has been routed to IRCC to get some information. When I asked for what specific information they are waiting for from IRCC, the customer care representative said they do not have that information. I tried calling IRCC regarding the same, and couldn't get through due to high call volume and the system did not connect my call.

Is there anybody who was in the same situation and got their SIN? I am curious to know what I need to do to get my SIN quickly, please provide you suggestion would be appreciated

Hi

Did you got your SIN?
What did you do ?
I need help on this one.

ea0730

Jun 14, 2021
Hello,
I received my SIN after visiting the Service Canada office. I had to call customer care every day and they gave the same answer that I have to wait unless someone picks up my case. I told them that I have an offer letter but unable to join as I don't have SIN. One of the reps asked me to contact Service Canada. During that time, we had to request online and I booked an appointment online using the below link.

https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/sin/apply.html

I selected to apply in person and the next day I got a call from service Canada and they asked for the details. I explained about my case in detail and said that it is an extreme emergency that I need my SIN to join a job and my savings were getting over. They scheduled me an appointment and I visited Service Canada and got my SIN.

I would say to do the same and explain that you are desperately in need of SIN. Hope they schedule an appointment and you receive your SIN soon. Good luck
Which number did you call?
I am getting frustrated because jobs are already waiting.

ea0730

Jun 14, 2021
I am curios to know, did you guys received your SIN or still waiting, if you have received whom can reach out to speed up the process, if you could provide some information that would help !!
Can you help me on this

Did you got your SIN?

saneharish

Jul 6, 2019
Hello,
I received my SIN after visiting the Service Canada office. I had to call customer care every day and they gave the same answer that I have to wait unless someone picks up my case. I told them that I have an offer letter but unable to join as I don't have SIN. One of the reps asked me to contact Service Canada. During that time, we had to request online and I booked an appointment online using the below link.

I selected to apply in person and the next day I got a call from service Canada and they asked for the details. I explained about my case in detail and said that it is an extreme emergency that I need my SIN to join a job and my savings were getting over. They scheduled me an appointment and I visited Service Canada and got my SIN.

I would say to do the same and explain that you are desperately in need of SIN. Hope they schedule an appointment and you receive your SIN soon. Good luck
Hello, how many days it took for you to get sin?i am also facing similar issue.I have applied for sin a month back and still waiting.

EnthuChap

Jun 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2019
Doc's Request.
22-01-2020
Nomination.....
26-11-2019
AOR Received.
01-12-2019
Med's Request
02-11-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2020
Passport Req..
06-04-2021
LANDED..........
10-09-2021
Hello,

I am in the same situation. Have been following up every week. I shall do what u said, because I too have a job offer in hand.

Someone in the other thread mentioned that IRCC Rep told the individual to visit Service Canada and 'ask them to do manual validation for SIN' as a solution.

renusobh

Nov 16, 2021

Were

AMAJ

Aug 21, 2022
Hi All, I am in a similar situation, I arrived on July 18th, visited the service Canada center but they said some information is pending at immigration center and they cannot provide SIN. I have a job in hand but fear may loose it due to this. Please advise the timescales in which you have received the SIN and also if there is any other way to speed it up.

flo_chan

Aug 30, 2022
Hi All, I am in a similar situation, I arrived on July 18th, visited the service Canada center but they said some information is pending at immigration center and they cannot provide SIN. I have a job in hand but fear may loose it due to this. Please advise the timescales in which you have received the SIN and also if there is any other way to speed it up.
Hello, I have the same situation. What can be done?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello, I have the same situation. What can be done?
There was likely something done incorrectly when you landed. Would contact CBSA at the airport where you landed and see if they can help you. We’ve seen other similar cases on this forum.

PawanSingh

Oct 5, 2023
I am a new to Canada and came with work permit and applied for my SIN in service Canada office .one of lady submit my application and said your application has been referred ,and she gave me a reference number of my sin application it's almost 20 days still I have not received my sin number .
Is there anybody who was in the same situation and got their sin please help me