+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delay in Canada Work Permit Processing time from India. More than 4 months

iyerkartik

Star Member
Jul 15, 2018
Hi
My employer applied for lmio in August 2018. And still it's pending and when I asked them he always says it is in process. Might be received in jan 2019. Do any body know that when it will come ?? Any news about it?? It's getting really very long delay

Plz help me for this

Thanks
Preet singh

Based on our timelines, LMIA comes within 2/3 months and after that the work permit comes in 6 months... It's a long waiting time currently to go through the LMIA approved work permit process.

Jan 29, 2019
Hello Group Members.
i have applied for job through indeed job portal in noc 7231.
Selected for a job in ontario through two telephonic interview. They along LMIA number assisted me an immigration lawyer for documentation purpose.I didnt paid anything apart my medical examination of myself and family.Immigration lawyer company has applied for Work Permit in delhi on 16th January.After application they asked me to go and provide my biometrics VFS centre in mumbai, even Biometric fee was paid by them.

Now i wanna know that, what is the process hereafter and the time period to get a work Visa. Please do share your knowledge.
Thanks.

Reactions: akshargajjar

Pilipinas16

Jan 30, 2019
Hi! Im from Philippines
Same application here LMIA based work permit for Canada as Caregiver. I applied last august 9, 2018 by paper thru vfs global but still no update..No interview..no medical request..do you have any idea on processing times from Philippines? Thank you..
I think it should be 8 weeks. Please let me know

Jan 29, 2019
Hello Friends,
Applied on 15th January, through companies immigration lawyer.
Today Recd the mail regarding the acknowledgement mail of study permit for my 2 kids.
Yet to recieve the acknowledgement mail of mine and my wife.

Anybody any idea about the process.

Jan 28, 2019
Hello everyone. So I am south African, and applied online for a work permit with a positive LMIA on Sept 14th 2018. We are going on 5 and a half months here. When I first applied it said 15 weeks which is what I told my job. It fluctuates on CIC every week. It's been 23 weeks I have been waiting now. If I don't hear something soon I may lose my job and I am freaking out. Especially since I am guessing I am going to need a medical exam which will probably take 1 month in total to get and finalize with an answer, then its 3 to 4 weeks to get my passport stamped. So regardless I am looking to wait a minimum of 2 months from when I hear something. If I don't get into Canada by May, I am going to lose this job. Any guidance anyone?! For how long it took some of you guys for all this? Thanks!

Jan 28, 2019
Based on our timelines, LMIA comes within 2/3 months and after that the work permit comes in 6 months... It's a long waiting time currently to go through the LMIA approved work permit process.
I applied Sept 14th with a positive lmia work permit. No request for anything still at all.

mikee2076

Mar 5, 2019
Hello Group Members.
i have applied for job through indeed job portal in noc 7231.
Selected for a job in ontario through two telephonic interview. They along LMIA number assisted me an immigration lawyer for documentation purpose.I didnt paid anything apart my medical examination of myself and family.Immigration lawyer company has applied for Work Permit in delhi on 16th January.After application they asked me to go and provide my biometrics VFS centre in mumbai, even Biometric fee was paid by them.

Now i wanna know that, what is the process hereafter and the time period to get a work Visa. Please do share your knowledge.
Thanks.
Hi,

I am in the same situation as you are, where my future employer applied for the work permit. I am waiting for the email that you got for the biometric scans for me and my family. How did the process go? Do we submit the passports as well when we go for the biometric scan? Or is there another appointment later to submit the passports for visa stamping? I'm trying to figure out how much time this whole process might take.

Thanks

Reactions: akshargajjar
Jun 2, 2017
Hi,

I have submitted my documents through my company on February 2nd to Canada high commission New Delhi, India. I have got online tracking number and it is showing as my application is being processed. Its almost 4 and half months and my company is following up with High commission via email but there is no response from them. Submitted case request to CIC last week and no response yet for that (May be it will take another 10 days). Not sure why my application got delayed and there is no request for additional documents or no response from Canada High Commission. How to check my status and how to expedite the process? Can someone help me here with your experience. I have submitted my original passport as well along with my application.

Thanks
Shreekanth
Hi ,
I am in Canada and my husband is in India, we applied SOWP by September 14th, 2018 online. It's been 24 weeks+(i.e.) nearing 6 months but we haven't heard a signal update from the Delhi High Commission, we contacted them twice submitted ICRR Web Form request but no response and even I check the status with the Local Member of Parliament(MP) - I got a reply stating the immigration will contact the person directly one the result is rendered.
What is the possibilities of our visa ? any help would be greatly helpful.

Jun 2, 2017
Hi ,
I am in Canada and my husband is in India, we applied SOWP by September 14th, 2018 online. It's been 24 weeks+(i.e.) nearing 6 months but we haven't heard a signal update from the Delhi High Commission, we contacted them twice submitted ICRR Web Form request but no response and even I check the status with the Local Member of Parliament(MP) - I got a reply stating the immigration will contact the person directly one the result is rendered.
What is the possibilities of our visa ? any help would be greatly helpful.

Reactions: Shar23