+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delay in biometric update for a study permit.

KPrashu

May 17, 2021
Hi Everyone,
I am from India and I have given my biometrics yesterday (14th Dec'21), but I haven't received any updates regarding the biometric update. I am raising this concern because it usually updates on the same day as biometric. Kindly advice.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Hi Everyone,
I am from India and I have given my biometrics yesterday (14th Dec'21), but I haven't received any updates regarding the biometric update. I am raising this concern because it usually updates on the same day as biometric. Kindly advice.
It takes sometime.

Belyndaa

Jul 25, 2023
Hello guys, did biometrics on 21/06/23 but there's no update in my GCKey account. Biometric validity says not available. I've been sending numerous emails and webforms but still no response from IRCC.
Has anyone experienced this?
What can I do? School is in September 2023 too.

franalmeida900

Star Member
Mar 16, 2023
Hello guys, did biometrics on 21/06/23 but there's no update in my GCKey account. Biometric validity says not available. I've been sending numerous emails and webforms but still no response from IRCC.
Has anyone experienced this?
What can I do? School is in September 2023 too.
Have you tried checking other people’s cases to see how long it’s been taking them? There’s a few dozen cases on this tracker, maybe you can ask how long it’s been taking to get an update after biometrics: https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/study-permit-tracker.Good luck, I hope you get an answer soon! Also, you should definitely try reaching out to your school and IRCC both given that you start in a month and there’s been no response yet…

Reactions: Belyndaa

Belyndaa

Jul 25, 2023
Have you tried checking other people’s cases to see how long it’s been taking them? There’s a few dozen cases on this tracker, maybe you can ask how long it’s been taking to get an update after biometrics: https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/study-permit-tracker.Good luck, I hope you get an answer soon! Also, you should definitely try reaching out to your school and IRCC both given that you start in a month and there’s been no response yet…
Thank you.
IRCC sent me another biometric collection letter. I'm guessing due to some system error, my first biometrics weren't successful so I'll have to get them taken again. My school has offered their assistance too but from the look of things, I may have to defer.