+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Delay in Application for Post Graduation Work Permit

biswassounak

Aug 9, 2017
Hi,
So I graduated in Spring 2017 and applied for my PGWP on August 5th 2017. I received my Degree confirmation letter on June 26th in the mail but it mentions that I completed my requirements to graduate by 28th April. Will they count the 90 days from 28th April(in which case I am about 7 days late) or 26th June ? Will be application get rejected for being 7 days late ?
I am really worried. I have written the letter of explanation stating the situation. Kindly help me out if you have any knowledge about this.

Thanks,
Shawn.

Dec 18, 2018
Hi,
So I graduated in Spring 2017 and applied for my PGWP on August 5th 2017. I received my Degree confirmation letter on June 26th in the mail but it mentions that I completed my requirements to graduate by 28th April. Will they count the 90 days from 28th April(in which case I am about 7 days late) or 26th June ? Will be application get rejected for being 7 days late ?
I am really worried. I have written the letter of explanation stating the situation. Kindly help me out if you have any knowledge about this.

Thanks,
Shawn.
Hi, I am in the same situation and I wanted to know if yours was rejected or approved ...I’m very worried

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Whatever the letter says regarding your date of graduation, that is the official date. The question is why did you wait over a week to send it?

biswassounak

Aug 9, 2017
Hi, I am in the same situation and I wanted to know if yours was rejected or approved ...I’m very worried
Hi, my application was rejected initially. They were very strict. But I went to my local MP, Len Webber and they fought for me. I applied for reconsideration throught the MP but that application was rejected as well. Then my MP went upto the Minister of Immigration at the parliament and he saw that they weren't looking at the full picture. After one letter from the Minister himself, they gave me my work permit within one hour. So I finally ended up receiving it one day before I was supposed to leave the country.

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
To be honest you were extremely lucky, but well done for fighting your corner (even though technically you were outwith the 90 days)

biswassounak

Aug 9, 2017
To be honest you were extremely lucky, but well done for fighting your corner (even though technically you were outwith the 90 days)
Yeah I know. I super lucky. They never change their decision. They did it only because they got an angry letter from the minister. Because they already said they will stand by their decision when I approached them myself.