+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Degree to be Verified

adeeli786

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017
Guys can you please confirm am bit confused as asked before as well:
I have been going through educational points, i was told to get WES done for both BSc (hons) and also Msc. But submitting or adding both degree into my profile won't give me any extra points?
As for Msc i will get a maximum of 126 points, adding BSc (hons) 4 years wont give me any extra points. Am i correct? if yes why there is a need to get BSc degree WES as well. Can you guys please
elaborate? many thanks

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
adeeli786 said:
Guys can you please confirm am bit confused as asked before as well:
I have been going through educational points, i was told to get WES done for both BSc (hons) and also Msc. But submitting or adding both degree into my profile won't give me any extra points?
As for Msc i will get a maximum of 126 points, adding BSc (hons) 4 years wont give me any extra points. Am i correct? if yes why there is a need to get BSc degree WES as well. Can you guys please
elaborate? many thanks
You have to send both degrees because they compare it to Canadian degree. They might give you bachelors 4 yrs plus 1 year of graduate studies. It is not necessary Masters is evaluated as Masters. There are many who got bachelors 4 yrs for bsc + msc.

adeeli786

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017
oki thanks, my Msc is from UK so thought that own its own would be sufficient to claim maximum points for education....

adeeli786

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017
Another question please, what we just noticed is:
my Bsc(hons) degree has my full name a bit different, like on my passport its S ABCD XYZ, which is my correct first name and surname,
but on my BSC degree it is: S SS ABCD XYZ (so has extra SS from my fathers name). Is that an issue? We trying to get it sorted but will be taking few weeks....

Ashish.7187

Mar 19, 2017
Hi everyone, I also have a similar query regarding the WES evaluation of my wife (PA)and the details of which are as below:

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY : Bachelors Degree (three years)

She has also completed a 2 year diploma in Montessori and we had sent that as well to WES evaluation and the results of which came as below:

Credential Authentication : Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential : International Diploma in Montessori Pedagogy
Year : 2013
Awarded by : Montessori Centre International
Institution Status : Montessori
Major / Specialization : Montessori Early Childhood Education

Canadian Equivalency : Completion of study and training in Montessori teaching methods

Since the evaluation does not say that the institution is not recognized. My question is whether while submitting her express entry profile, should we mention Bachelors degree or two or more degrees/diploma. This really bumps up our CRS score.

Kindly advice!!!

adeeli786

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017
Ashish.7187 said:
Hi everyone, I also have a similar query regarding the WES evaluation of my wife (PA)and the details of which are as below:

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY : Bachelors Degree (three years)

She has also completed a 2 year diploma in Montessori and we had sent that as well to WES evaluation and the results of which came as below:

Credential Authentication : Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential : International Diploma in Montessori Pedagogy
Year : 2013
Awarded by : Montessori Centre International
Institution Status : Montessori
Major / Specialization : Montessori Early Childhood Education

Canadian Equivalency : Completion of study and training in Montessori teaching methods

Since the evaluation does not say that the institution is not recognized. My question is whether while submitting her express entry profile, should we mention Bachelors degree or two or more degrees/diploma. This really bumps up our CRS score.

Kindly advice!!!

mm may i ask, why does it says "Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution" is it like you asked your college/university to do so? as i have done my Msc in UK @2008 so do get it done do i need to ask my university to send it to them?

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
If you have a Masters degree, you will only get points for the Masters. You cannot get points for both a Masters AND a bachelors degree.

parihaa

Jun 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 18, 2016
Nomination.....
February 28, 2017
AOR Received.
August 16, 2016
I have a similar question. I have a Bachelor's degree and a Master's degree from Iran and a Master's degree from the US. I have done a WES evaluation for my US Master's degree and that's all I used for my PNP application (and they gave me nomination without asking for my previous degrees). Now that I am sending my application for Express Entry, I am assuming that I don't need WES evaluations for my Iranian Bachelor's or Master's degree, because I am not getting any points for them. Is that correct?

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
parihaa said:
I have a similar question. I have a Bachelor's degree and a Master's degree from Iran and a Master's degree from the US. I have done a WES evaluation for my US Master's degree and that's all I used for my PNP application (and they gave me nomination without asking for my previous degrees). Now that I am sending my application for Express Entry, I am assuming that I don't need WES evaluations for my Iranian Bachelor's or Master's degree, because I am not getting any points for them. Is that correct?
Correct. You won't get extra points for having more than 1 Masters degree, or a Masters + Bachelors. It's assumed if you have a Masters, you have a Bachelors as well, thus no extra points given.

adeeli786

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017
1) oh great, basically am struggling with name on my Bsc(hons) degree and it is taking time to sort back home. But my MSc is from UK and am hoping that WES will consider as a MSc....
So if i send them my Msc degree and it gets evaluated as MSc.. that is all i need as you mentioned above when doing profile + if gets invited??? And also if i send my degree + wife degree do i need to pay single fee or it be more fee i need to pay?

2) another question, am just looking at sending my MSc d egree only to them, when i selected UK from list, it says to send two documents, 1 certificate, 2 transcript.
They didn't give me any fancy certificate, all i got from university was a usual letter saying that i have completed my Msc on xyz date, and have completed all credits etc. Is that letter what they asking for as "certificate"???