+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Definition of "Highly-Skilled Worker" on Global Talent Stream

jaeseung

Star Member
Dec 20, 2016
While Global Talent Stream category A states that"unique and specialized talent" workers are eligible, on their website, category B speaks about "highly-skilled worker".

what does this mean? does this mean you are highly skilled worker if you fall on the occupation list? or do you have to have certain years of work?

I've been working as a web designer in a tech company for about 6months now. I have no previous experience as a web designer, and I am very curious about what the term means. The company wants to help me getting the LMIA but there is some ambiguity way they are describing this newly born program (Global Talent Stream), for me to clearly tell them how it is going to be.

Does anyone know the answer? here is an article from the page.
https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/foreign-workers/global-talent/requirements.html

Eligibility for the Global Talent Stream

You may be eligible for Category A of the Global Talent Stream if you have been referred to the Global Talent Stream by one of the Stream's designated partners and you are hiring unique and specialized talent;
OR
You may be eligible for Category B of the Global Talent Stream if you are seeking to hire highly-skilled foreign workers to fill positions in occupations found on the Global Talent Occupations List.

Best,