+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Deferred before approval but..

kwab21

Oct 3, 2020
I have deferred my intake from september 2020 to september 2021 because my program does not offer online classes.

Got my visa approved and the validity is until 2022 only. But my program is until 2023 since i deferred already. I have sent webforms but they did not update my length of studies.

Will the officer at the point of entry give me a student permit that is based on the length of my new letter of acceptance or do i need to extend my study permit when i get to canada?

thanks.

Reactions: Wind137

PatrickT

Aug 27, 2020
I have deferred my intake from september 2020 to september 2021 because my program does not offer online classes.

Got my visa approved and the validity is until 2022 only. But my program is until 2023 since i deferred already. I have sent webforms but they did not update my length of studies.

Will the officer at the point of entry give me a student permit that is based on the length of my new letter of acceptance or do i need to extend my study permit when i get to canada?

thanks.
You can always renew the study permit (which you will receive when landed in Canada) anytime when you're there. Many students didn't get the full length of the programs. Don't worry

kwab21

Oct 3, 2020
You can always renew the study permit (which you will receive when landed in Canada) anytime when you're there. Many students didn't get the full length of the programs. Don't worry
thanks. is it easy to renew the permit?