+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Deferal Letter from Concordia University?

umair_051

Oct 4, 2011
Hello everyone...

I am a new user on this forum. I am from Islamabad Pakistan. I am in serious trouble. Please help me out all the pakistani students and others too who went through this procedure..

The problem is that I got the offer letter from Concordia very late. I had originally applied for september 2011 intake..but i got it so late that i could not apply for september intake...Now i want to defer my admission to january 2012..

I know there is a defer form available on their website which has to be sent along with 25 dollar deferral fee.....but how to send those 25 dollars???Anybody has any idea?? Draft or cash??? how do i send it?? if draft, where to make that draft....in the name of whom?? which bank???....i have got no idea.....I really dont know and time is very short...If anyone who has already done the deferral procedure successfully, or has the idea of how to do it....plz reply soon.....i am really worried....bcoz there is absolutely no time left....

Any reply would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks....

waziri

Jul 13, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
buddy check the university website there will be payments methods or email them and ask or call them dun worrry its easy normally through wire transfer (TT) so check web site think all info will be there

umair_051

Oct 4, 2011
hi waziri.....i have already mailed them but havent got a clear reply so far......also the only info on therir website is that they need 25 dollar fee for defer letter.....nothing more than than.....so thats y i dont have much idea how to send this fee....anyways.....thanks for ur reply

Saqib053

Star Member
Jun 5, 2011
Pakistan
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
umair_051 said:
hi waziri.....i have already mailed them but havent got a clear reply so far......also the only info on therir website is that they need 25 dollar fee for defer letter.....nothing more than than.....so thats y i dont have much idea how to send this fee....anyways.....thanks for ur reply
first of all you have to ask them that you want to defer your admission to some later semester. you have to mail your program coordinator. if your going in MEng electrical then it should be Diane. So ask her about the deferal of your admission. she will send you a application form. you have to fill it and email it to them.

now if you have a foriegn currency account you can transfer the 25 dollars in their account. if not, then you have to go to some currency exchange office like pak currency or some other offices like dollar east, money gram etc. ask them that you want to transfer 25 dollars to this account number and you are done then.

no when you have submited the fee, email them that you have submitted your fee. and give them the reciept number which you will get from the exchange company to them and say i have submitted and kindly check it at your end.

in a day or two they will reply you back after confirming their accounts.

dont worry. its a simple process. if you are having foriengn account then also tell them the account number from which it is transfered.

any other questions ..you are welcome to ask

umair_051

Oct 4, 2011
Hi Saqib...Thankyou so much for your reply and guidance....

one more question.....once they receive the 25 dollar fee, how long they take to issue the defer letter by email??

Saqib053

Star Member
Jun 5, 2011
Pakistan
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
umair_051 said:
Hi Saqib...Thankyou so much for your reply and guidance....

one more question.....once they receive the 25 dollar fee, how long they take to issue the defer letter by email??
in two to three days, they check with their accounts and confirm that they have recieved the fee. they will reply you that they have recieved the money. after that in one or two days they will reply you back with the new admission letter for which you have applied.

in which semester are you deferring your admission. i deferred my admission to summer 2012

umair_051

Oct 4, 2011
i am also deferring to summer.....

is the defer form and 25 dollar fee enough?? i mean is ke elawa koi aur application to nahi send kerni hoti to give any genuine reason for deferral??? and if yes to wo email ke through ya phir hard copy by regular mail or courier? and do they give deferral to everyone who applies ya kisi ka reject bhi ker saktay hain??

Saqib053

Star Member
Jun 5, 2011
Pakistan
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
they give deferal to every one.

Follow the following steps.

1. email them to ask for deferal

2. they will send you the pdf form. fill the form. download and print the form. sign the form. scan the form. and send the scanned form with your signature to diane the program coordinater.

3. but before the step two, arrange for the transfer of money to their account. first transfer the fee. and then mail the scanned form with all the info regarding the money transfer. in this way it will take two to three days for them to process your application and reply back.

transfer the money and give them the details of the reciept of your money transfer. remember to put your name and student id on the transfer of money so that they can recon that you have sent the money.

hope now you have got a clear idea.

umair_051

Oct 4, 2011
Thank you so much saqib.....that was really helpful....i ll follow these steps....and i ll keep in touch with you in future as well...

arjun2827

Aug 22, 2012
hey i also applied in concordia university for deferral of my application for winter 2013,i have paid $25 fees as well .it has been 1 month now,but i have not received any info on my new admission letter or any thing. please kindly help me on this.

momi

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
First Medical Request 16/02/2012----Further Medical Request 29/03/2012---Second Further Medical 14/05/2012---Third further medical 03/09/2012
Med's Done....
22/02/2012-----Further Medical Done on 18/04/2012----Second Further Medical Done on 05/06/2012----Third Further Medical done on 10/09/2012
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
24/02/2012
arjun2827 said:
hey i also applied in concordia university for deferral of my application for winter 2013,i have paid $25 fees as well .it has been 1 month now,but i have not received any info on my new admission letter or any thing. please kindly help me on this.
That's not possible, have you not got new LOA in email, the printed LOA will reach you after 6 to eight weeks.........

arjun2827

Aug 22, 2012
i have got my original LOA ,but as i have deferred my admission to january 2013 instead of sep 2012, i will require a new LOA from the university. which i have not received yet.

momi

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Request
First Medical Request 16/02/2012----Further Medical Request 29/03/2012---Second Further Medical 14/05/2012---Third further medical 03/09/2012
Med's Done....
22/02/2012-----Further Medical Done on 18/04/2012----Second Further Medical Done on 05/06/2012----Third Further Medical done on 10/09/2012
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
24/02/2012
arjun2827 said:
NO i have not got any new LOA in email...what should i do?
Ask your course adviser and explain him the situation that you have deferred your admission but yet to receive the LOA.........in email.............I think as you have deferred to January 2013 that's why your letter will be emailed to you in September 2012............