+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Defer after PASSPORT REQUEST !?

Ppun

Star Member
Aug 2, 2020
Hi! everyone

I recently got my PASSPORT REQUEST. My intake is January 2021 but as you know guys it takes more than 1 month to get your visa stamped these days. So i will not be able to travel for January intake. So, i have decided to defer for May 2021. Will it have any negative impact on my application or problems i’m goona face in Canada border? Please guys your advice will be appreciated..

Ppun

Star Member
Aug 2, 2020
Hey, so can you not join your winter sem a little late as in physically, while start studying online from your home country?
I have already requested deferment because i didn’t expect PASSPORT REQUEST that fast. Now what? Any negative impact on my application!!

m7md

Sep 27, 2020
Why more than a month for passport stamping? Typically it is within a week or 10 days. I think you should not defer and get your passport stamped then book your flight. I sent my passport on the 7th and it reached the VAC in AD on the 10th and I expect it to be returned back to me within the coming 3 business days.

Reactions: P@1n and Ppun

Ppun

Star Member
Aug 2, 2020
Why more than a month for passport stamping? Typically it is within a week or 10 days. I think you should not defer and get your passport stamped then book your flight. I sent my passport on the 7th and it reached the VAC in AD on the 10th and I expect it to be returned back to me within the coming 3 business days.
But, i already requested deferment. Will it affect my student visa..

Ppun

Star Member
Aug 2, 2020
My passport submission is scheduled at December 22 and then it might take 10-15 days to stamp visa then to collect. So, virtually January intake is not possible. That’s why!!

ayesha_llk2

Aug 11, 2020
I think it shudnt effect ur visa. for one it is within 150 days, so it shud be ok. also its the same school and same program. but to be on safe side u can send update letter of admission when u get it, and also take it with u when u travel

Reactions: Ppun

P@1n

Mar 9, 2017
Winnipeg
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Bangalore
App. Filed.......
15-05-2017
Passport Req..
07-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2017
LANDED..........
15-08-2017
First of all passport stamping does not take more than a month, usually its takes no more than 2 weeks. You already made up your decision and not ready to take others advice, so what are you expecting us to say? Does your program requires you to be in Canada or can it be done online? Since you already deferred all you can do is either upload the defer(new loa) through webform or show it at the border when you go by May2021, no one can predict what is gonna happen or how it will affect your application. Earlier official notification from IRCC mentions that there will not be an issue if you defer.

Edit:I submitted my passport on Dec5th and its already under processing at IRCC according to the text message updates. It’s not gonna take more than a month for stamping, will mostly get it by next week. I don’t know where you got this info. And for passport pickup scheduling i opted for Dec10th yet they gave my pickup date on Dec5th and payment link on Dec4th. IMO they are working pretty fast these days.

Last edited:

m7md

Sep 27, 2020
My passport submission is scheduled at December 22 and then it might take 10-15 days to stamp visa then to collect. So, virtually January intake is not possible. That’s why!!
Yeah this scheduled day is pretty late. Maybe talk to your university and tell them your situation and ask if you can come by mid January? My university requires us to arrive by Jan 3rd but they said if we cannot come by then, we should contact them so that they can arrange for us.

ankitjain2801

Star Member
Jun 9, 2017
Hi! everyone

I recently got my PASSPORT REQUEST. My intake is January 2021 but as you know guys it takes more than 1 month to get your visa stamped these days. So i will not be able to travel for January intake. So, i have decided to defer for May 2021. Will it have any negative impact on my application or problems i’m goona face in Canada border? Please guys your advice will be appreciated..
Hi Ppun so what happened what did you do as I am in same situation like yours but trying to defer to may 2022 intake after ppr request for sept 2021 intake, please let me know.

Tamam300

Dec 23, 2021
Hi! everyone

Hey were able to defer even due to your visa?