Star Member
Feb 17, 2013
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2017
hi,,
I need your advice please
if I receive ITA but my CRS decreases after 1 week ,, at my birthday,, since I will lose 5 points and my score will be 5 points less than the CRS which I was invited at, and unfortunately it will also be less than the lower score of the round of the invitation at which I was invited.
what should I do?? :(
thank you

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
walaa said:
hi,,
if I receive ITA but my CRS decreases after 1 week ,, at my birthday,, since I will lose 5 points and my score will be 5 points less than the CRS which I was invited at, and unfortunately it will also be less than the lower score of the round of the invitation at which I was invited.
thank you
Once you receive ITA, your profile gets locked. Age factor will not come into picture.

walaa

Star Member
Feb 17, 2013
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2017
Thank you
Another question please
Is the ITA specifying a particular province where i should go to ,, or i can settle at any province?

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
walaa said:
Thank you
Another question please
Is the ITA specifying a particular province where i should go to ,, or i can settle at any province?
Direct ITA does not have any restriction however PNP based ITA ideally has restrictions.

Apr 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
walaa said:
hi,,
thank you

Walaa, I also share the same concerns with you. Let's hope the feedback given by thinkshady is correct. Well, what I read at CIC website categorically stated that at the point of application all supporting docs must be valid i.e. IELTS, ECA and so on.

Amakyzuu

Nov 18, 2016
hi,,
thank you
Hello.
What's the situation of your application? Were you able to submit even though your age dropped your crs point by 5 points?

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
Hello.
What's the situation of your application? Were you able to submit even though your age dropped your crs point by 5 points?
As answered above, age is locked once you receive an ITA.

jaylee0379

May 14, 2020
What if my crs score drop due to my mistakes but still above the cut off??
this is an interesting case.. not sure what will happen in this case since some people whose CRS was lower than your mistaken score but higher than your actual score did not receive ITA
have you found out the answer by any chance?

jaylee0379

May 14, 2020
If a VO recalculates the score to be lower, but it is still above the cut-off for the draw that the applicant was invited for, the application will not be rejected.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html

What you state is not correct. In the scenario above, the same people would have received an ITA because it would only change the relative ranking of the people who already received an ITA.
what is VO?

and, it is still confusing to me. Let's say the ITAs were given to 5 people among the candidates whose scores were between 400 and 410.
the chosen 5 were 402, 404, 405, 408 and 409, and then the guy whose score was 404 turned out to be miscalculated. and he updated his EE to 401, which is still above the cut-off.
what you are saying is this guy will still be accepted because his actual score is bove the cut-off regardless, but then what about the candidate whose score was 403 but didn't get chosen because of the 404 guy? or, the 5 people are supposed to be chosen just randomly as long as their score is between 400 and 410 so it is not unfair for the 403 guy? if this is the case, I could understand that.

Please let me know if I am missing something.

jaylee0379

May 14, 2020
VO = Visa officer

Your example makes no sense, and you don’t seem to understand how the system works.

The cut-off score is equal to the score of the lowest-ranking candidate invited for that draw. Everyone in the pool who has a score equal to or better than the cut-off score is invited. This is why there is no impact if one candidate’s score turns out to be lower, but still above the cut-off.
oh I see. so everyone whose score was above the cut-off is supposed to be invited. yeah, of course I don't fully understand the system that's why I am here to learn. thanks for your kind answers, buddy :)

Reactions: pdhandwar