+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Declined my ITA on 481, can I get it again after declining?

ANXIOUS1

Star Member
Mar 9, 2015
In all fairness, I think it would have influenced the cut off point or the number of ITA's issued if you were not in the pool.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
JB1234 said:
and how does that happen?, how can someone else benefit with my ITA invitation?, Everyone over the cut-off were invited to apply, even if there were 100 more people with 481, all were selected to apply. If I declined due to some reason, how will it help someone who has a lower score get an ITA?. Even if there are 500 people with 481 and 10-20 of them decline, in no sane way it will help anyone with a lower score get the ITA, unless CIC decides that the cut-off has to be lowered.
If you believe CIC sets the number of ITA issue every draw, then yes it would affect anyone below it. (Which is what I believe too)

If you believe CIC sets the cut off points, then you are right.

IMO, CIC assumes information in the profiles are all correct. (They have the right to assume so, as you have electronically signed the Forms just before you submit EE profile) . Then CIC needs controls the number of people getting ITA, and since CIC assumes whoever gets ITA wants to and able to apply with given information, they can also assume # ITA is equal to # of applications.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
ROBERT.KUME said:
That's sucks.. Wonder where this EE system would end up...
this EE system will end flushing our lives down the drain. poor design of system, needs overhaul.

The_Distant_One

Star Member
Feb 13, 2015
mead said:
this EE system will end flushing our lives down the drain. poor design of system, needs overhaul.
so how do you think it should be improved. This is the best selection criteria and is used by many countries. Many people have legitamet reasons for declining their ITA's and CIC will hope that they apply again if they have a similar score cause most likely they are a better candidate.

Seby25

Star Member
Aug 10, 2014
Hakuna Matata
The_Distant_One said:
so how do you think it should be improved. This is the best selection criteria and is used by many countries. Many people have legitamet reasons for declining their ITA's and CIC will hope that they apply again if they have a similar score cause most likely they are a better candidate.
Possible options are -

• They will have to come up with a system to Accept only one application from one candidate
  • A nominal registration fee ($100 or $200) needs to be taken when creating the profile
(This would be the best option)
  • Passport Number should be taken as the primary key and once a candiate registers with a passport number no other application should accept that passport number
  • The IELTS and WES reference number should also be taken as unique and should not be allowed to be edited except in exceptional cases.
  • Also, once ITA is received these details which changes the CRS score or profile eligibility should not be allowed to be changed.
  • There should be a limit on the number of ITA s a person can reject; Say max 3

ANXIOUS1

Star Member
Mar 9, 2015
I agree with you Seby25 except for the processing fee. I do not think a processing fee should be instituted as the applicant is not guaranteed an ITA. As such it would be unfair.

Rejecting an ITA means you are wasting the Canadians time in addition to denying someone else a legitimate space in the pool. Why enter the pool when you do not have the necessary prerequisites. For example, taking two months to get a police certificate is not really a valid excuse. One should be able to predict somewhat on the previous draws. For example, someone sitting in the pool at 430 and higher should be getting their document together as you can almost predict that your ITA will be sooner than later

or another option is, to have the applicants enter the pool only when they have all documents to be uploaded as was the case of the previous system (FSWP) and have them update their profiles with NEW documents if one expires or if their status.situation changes. This will also save CIC time and have a more efficient system.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
people rejecting ita is an issue and should be handled by improving the system. or atleat give extensions on LMIA exempt temporary work permits/pgwp. people rejecting will delay people who really are genuine and have all the required documents. people out side canada will have problem getting documents and hence they should separate people already in canada and out of canada. system is poorly designed with lots of flaws.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
if u know how third world countries work u will see how agents will pop up who will promise fake documents and get u PR based on those documents. with an automate system there is lot of chances to be manipulated.

ANXIOUS1

Star Member
Mar 9, 2015
I think CiC will be very irresponsible to issue a high number of ITA's and expect only a percentage of those issued ITA'S to not take up the offer. I certainly do not agree with this suggestion. Historical data or not, Governments do not do business that way. If all of those ITA issued take up the offer, what do you think will happen? My humble opinion is if they set out to issue 25000 ITA's, that is what will be issued. People taking up the offer is another thing. So they will definitely have to made some improvements to the system in time to come.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
Those who have profiles in the system have signed electronically that all the information has been checked and provided to best accuracy of the best effort of the applicant. It is reasonable for CIC to assume what we write is accurate and can provide proof so process can go on, and can therefore assume # of ITA will be equal to # of accepted application.

However it is not acceptable to give away ITA more than it's target, just to compensate for people rejecting it.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
Even if your ITA is delayed by 1 or 2 draws, that is still way better than waiting 24+ months under the old system.
is that guy crazy ....i will take waiting for 24 months if i could extend my work permit as opposed to EE where things r unpredictable and no work permit extension till u get ITA.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JB1234 said:
With due respect,
I did not make my profile just for fun. If you don't know the reason, please refrain from commenting. I had applied for FSWP in 2013, my application was rejected because by mistake, I sent a copy of my Evaluation report and not the original(spent around $3000 USD for the attorney and he messed it up), though I was on time. I again applied for FSWP in 2014 (spent another $1500 for the attorney), but got late as the cap got filled. Finally, I applied myself for Express Entry in January and got the invitation in March, but my IELTS got expired in February and my police certificates (which I had also collected in September 2014, got expired).

I could not collect all the police certificates ( For US FBI takes 12-16 weeks and for Dubai - it takes 2-3 months ) I wont get my IELTS result back in time. There is also a chance that my IELTS score (which was perfect 9) might go to 8.5 or band 8 ), taking me out of the draw.

I declined so that I can get more time for IELTS if I screw it up, or I get selected in some 450+ draw, so that I dont need to retake it.

So, if someone still thinks that I made my profile for fun or I took someone else's place or I dont deserve etc., they can go to hell ;D
Don't take people seriously. Their problem is that your score is higher than theirs - and you're back in the draw. I do feel sorry that you declined since with the new police certificate rules your old FBI clearance is probably fine now. And my partner and I also had IELTS scores (also 9s) that expired AFTER we got the ITA, but BEFORE we could schedule our medicals and collect police reports. We got the ITA March 27, retook the IELTS April 18 (we saw the problem coming and signed up for IELTS again in February, right after we put in our EE application), scored 9s again, got the results April 29, took medicals yesterday, and submitted the entire PR application tonight.

We weren't sure we could do it - but we figured we could always decline on the 59th day if necessary and hop back in the pool. Luckily, it wasn't necessary. Good luck in the next draw!! CIC definitely will not punish you for declining, and you will be included in any draw that includes your number and the program(s) you are eligible for.

And you know you still have to retake IELTS, right?

munn@

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
i did my medical when i previously received ITA, but due to some errors i made in my EE profile i have to decline my ITA to make changes in my EE profile.
After making changes , i again received my ITA in the latest Draw, so my question is can i use my same medical that i did for my previous invitation,
Or do i have to retake the medical.

Kindly advise.

Sal90

Feb 1, 2017
munn@ said:
i did my medical when i previously received ITA, but due to some errors i made in my EE profile i have to decline my ITA to make changes in my EE profile.
After making changes , i again received my ITA in the latest Draw, so my question is can i use my same medical that i did for my previous invitation,
Or do i have to retake the medical.

Medicals are valid for a year!. So you can ise same medicals of they are within the time frame

Kindly advise.