+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Declined my ITA on 481, can I get it again after declining?

JB1234

Star Member
Apr 28, 2013
Seby25 said:
JB plz answer my queries..

1. If ur IELTS got expired/was going to expire then how did (also why did :) ) u create the profile in the 1st place ? While creating the profile either you would have given your old expired/going to expire IELTS score or you would have to give some arbitrary IELTS score assuming that you will get that score when you retake the IELTS examination. So it needs to be concluded that you were aware of the fact that your IELTS score was going to be expired, still you went ahead with profile creation. Do not know if CIC would see it as misrepresentation of facts..

2. Say you retake IELTS (to get a slot it may take 2 or 3 months depending on centre and country). Again after exam another 14 days to know the score and another couple of days to get the hard copy. All these time if you keep your EE profile active you will be getting an ITA for every draw that happens after you reject ITA(hurray..!! you got ITA again..) and subsequently you will be rejecting them each time. So basically you will keep rejecting the ITA everytime till you have your IELTS score and in the due process one another person will be loosing his/her chance to get ITA because of this..(You can choose to ask him to GO TO HELL. Fact is - Your are being devil here! Question is - Do you want it ?? )

3. God forbid, What if you do not get the expected score when you retake the IELTS.. In that case, You will have to edit your already existing profile with the new score.. Which will decrease your CRS score.. or Will you choose to keep your expired IELTS score in the profile till the time you are able to improve your score..

4. PCC delay need not be a concern. CIC clearly states that if PCC takes time it is pretty acceptable for them. All you have to provide is the proof that you have already applied for PCC..

(http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp#document_checklist
In exceptional circumstances, CIC may accept

• Proof of having requested a PC for such countries;
  • A letter of explanation of best efforts (not a guarantee of acceptance).

)

My best advise (taking ethics into consideration and not being the devil :) ) is to reject the ITA now.. Keep your profile deactivated till you have your new IELTS score; Once you have the IELTS score Activate your profile with the new score and take ITA... Considering your CRS score i can presume that getting a good IELTS score will not be a unwieldy task for you..
Yet again if you decide to keep your profile active it will be nothing short of just a dummy profile with misrepresented facts and data..If CIC, for evident reasons, at a later time decide to bring in new rule to the allow only max of 1 or 2 or n ITA rejects then you will be in trouble..

Regadrs,
Seby
Please find my comments below:

1.) My IELTS had not expired when I had created my express entry profile, Additionally I was under the impression that IELTS is valid for three years thus I never bothered writing it again. Now when I got my ITA, I got to know that I would have to rewrite IELTS as they clearly tell you in the ITA/CIC website to rewrite it if it has expired/expiring soon and ITA also mentions to decline invitation if your scores are lower or you dont have the results. ITA/CIC nowhere tells you to deactivate your profile for the aforementioned reason.

2.) I am not going to deactivate my profile because creating it is a time consuming thing in itself.

3.) I dont have multiple PCCs and there is no scope of getting them soon either.

JB1234

Star Member
Apr 28, 2013
dobes said:
I think it IS his fault, as he had time to remove his IELTS score when it expired in February, before being selected in March. In our case, my partner and I applied for EE in February, with IELTS scores due to expire April 17. We saw the problem approaching, and arranged to take the test again on April 18, which we did. Meanwhile, we got our ITA at the end of March. The original results were still valid then, but we had to wait for medicals and PCC, so couldn't upload the application before our IELTS expired. Now we are waiting to get our new results on May 1, still in plenty of time to upload them in the optional section. We also had perfect 9s on our old tests, and don't expect change that would lose us more than a point or two, so we're still good to go and don't have to decline.
If your cutoff was around 453/469, you can happily lose the points and still make the draw. For a cutoff of 481, if you lose one point, you lose the draw as your points fall below 481. i am glad that you wont have to decline.

JB1234

Star Member
Apr 28, 2013
heeru_maan said:
JB,

You mentioned that it takes about 2-3 months to get a PCC from Dubai. Someone else told me they give it to you the same day assuming one does not have a criminal or civil record. Are you speaking from experience or is it hearsay? I'm only asking because I will need to arrange one and need a rough timeline.

Thanks.

I dont know how can you get it in one day or one week. I am describing the procedure for US residents below ( my case is a US resident case) :

1.) Get your fingerprints done and notarized. ( This is not allowed in my state, so you will have to find someone to do it, which is hard in itself).
2.)Send them to your secretary of state for fingerprints authentication ( Takes another 2-3 weeks)
3.) Send them to Washington/Virginia to get them authenticated from US Dept. of state after you have had them authenticated as described above. (Takes another month)
4.) Send them to the UAE embassy in washington to get it legalized ( Takes around 2-3 weeks)
5) Finally, send them to UAE to get the certificate( If you send them to UAE poilce, it will take another 1-2 months. If you know someone in UAE who can do it on behalf of you, it will take a week)

Good luck

Seby25

Star Member
Aug 10, 2014
Hakuna Matata
JB1234 said:
Please find my comments below:

1.) My IELTS had not expired when I had created my express entry profile, Additionally I was under the impression that IELTS is valid for three years thus I never bothered writing it again. Now when I got my ITA, I got to know that I would have to rewrite IELTS as they clearly tell you in the ITA/CIC website to rewrite it if it has expired/expiring soon and ITA also mentions to decline invitation if your scores are lower or you dont have the results. ITA/CIC nowhere tells you to deactivate your profile for the aforementioned reason.

2.) I am not going to deactivate my profile because creating it is a time consuming thing in itself.

3.) I dont have multiple PCCs and there is no scope of getting them soon either.
Its completely your wish to decide not to deactivate the profile.. It will take 2-3 months to get your IELTS score.. Thus your's will be one of the dummy profiles for next 4-5 ITA s.

Bhullar28

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
Karolis said:
The idiots like YOU make normal people stressed. It DOES NOT affect your crappy score so back off from op. If CIC thought declining was an issue they would have done something about it to start with instead of including a clause that declining is allowed.

Regarding OP question. Yes you can decline and be invited again if your CRS is above the threshold. Given that your score is 481 I wouldnt worry. I would suggest to try gathering all documents as you have 60 days and if on day 59 you see you cant make it then decline.
WOAH Keyboard warrior WOAh... Don't take your CLB 7 frustrations out on me... No wonder, Canadians hate immigrants...

Bhullar28

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
The_Distant_One said:
Why would they stop you declining it means less work for them.... Stop taking your frustration of havingba low on others whonare better placed than you.
Einstein, the main reason for this frustration is not the difference between his imaginary score and my real one. It is the fact that some people are just cheating, and making fake profiles (yes FAKE, if you don't have the proof, it is fake)...

And about being better placed than me, if they really were better placed, and better prepared than me (which is not even the case), we wouldn't even be having this worthless conversation...

JB1234

Star Member
Apr 28, 2013
Bhullar28 said:
Einstein, the main reason for this frustration is not the difference between his imaginary score and my real one. It is the fact that some people are just cheating, and making fake profiles (yes FAKE, if you don't have the proof, it is fake)...

And about being better placed than me, if they really were better placed, and better prepared than me (which is not even the case), we wouldn't even be having this worthless conversation...
Dude, you need to be less arrogant and need to understand what is going on before you comment about someone's score being imaginary and yours being real and you being better prepared. You are not in someone else's shoes so you should not comment.

heeru_maan

May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JB1234 said:
I dont know how can you get it in one day or one week. I am describing the procedure for US residents below ( my case is a US resident case) :

1.) Get your fingerprints done and notarized. ( This is not allowed in my state, so you will have to find someone to do it, which is hard in itself).
2.)Send them to your secretary of state for fingerprints authentication ( Takes another 2-3 weeks)
3.) Send them to Washington/Virginia to get them authenticated from US Dept. of state after you have had them authenticated as described above. (Takes another month)
4.) Send them to the UAE embassy in washington to get it legalized ( Takes around 2-3 weeks)
5) Finally, send them to UAE to get the certificate( If you send them to UAE poilce, it will take another 1-2 months. If you know someone in UAE who can do it on behalf of you, it will take a week)

Good luck
Thank you for the detailed answer. A +1 to you.
It makes sense how it would take that much time for a US resident.
I am a resident of the UAE and I have a valid UAE National ID card (it is mandatory to have fingerprints scanned for this ID card).
It is still a good idea for me to check with the police stations here about an estimated time I suppose.
Thanks again!

Karolis

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Bhullar28 said:
WOAH Keyboard warrior WOAh... Don't take your CLB 7 frustrations out on me... No wonder, Canadians hate immigrants...
What an insult!! I am dieing of shame now...Pls. Someone. HELP!! Anyways, I am submitting my PR application and you keep barking with your CLB 100+ 330 CRS..

googboog

Star Member
Jan 17, 2015
Seby25 said:
And in the meanwhile another word with my dear friends who thinks that people with low score are simply cribbing since they are not getting ITA or since the score is not coming down..

Consider the below fact that - say - A group of say 1000-1500 applicants create profile with the hope that they can get a perfect CLB10+ if they take IELTS examination at their sweet liberty and time. Also they assume that some genorous and charitable organisations or companies in Canada are going to offer them a Job with LMIA. So they go ahead and create profile with these data. They are sure to get a score of 800+. Also, Everytime they get ITA and they keep rejeting it. So the score is surely going to linger around 800 only and will not come down (Yes ! In that case you guys will also get to have the sour grapes !!). Now they tell ppl with score less than 500 are simply cribbing since they have not received ITA or since they have petty and miserable score.. Guys, will it make sense in that case ?? :)

Please keep in mind that there are lot of people who have good IELTS score (CLB 9+) who are waiting for their ECA to be done. For this reason they have not created a profile yet.

This forum is all about helping each other and not to make personal accusations.. Lets all be humble enough and help each other in which ever way we can.. :D and lets not make another person's meal a sour grape through our stupidity.. :)

Regards,
Seby
At least have the balls to quote me when you reply to my post, and posting sly and sarcastic remarks with a smiley doesn't mean you are not accountable for what you said. I don't even understand what you mean by "let's not make another person's meal a sour grape"
I don't think anyone is stupid enough to repeatedly post wrong scores on the EE application just to get through, no one on earth is that stupid. I was defending the OP who seemed to have a genuine reason for declining his ITA and you all just pounced on him like a pack of wolves. Maybe you should go through the post properly before responding, if you can read, that is.
And don't preach what you can't practice, making personal accusations is exactly what you've done, despite being a sanctimonious prick about it.

Seby25

Star Member
Aug 10, 2014
Hakuna Matata
googboog said:
At least have the balls to quote me when you reply to my post, and posting sly and sarcastic remarks with a smiley doesn't mean you are not accountable for what you said. I don't even understand what you mean by "let's not make another person's meal a sour grape"
I don't think anyone is stupid enough to repeatedly post wrong scores on the EE application just to get through, no one on earth is that stupid. I was defending the OP who seemed to have a genuine reason for declining his ITA and you all just pounced on him like a pack of wolves. Maybe you should go through the post properly before responding, if you can read, that is.
And don't preach what you can't practice, making personal accusations is exactly what you've done, despite being a sanctimonious prick about it.
Buddy..its not about showing how outrageous you can get.. i did not quote anyone since it was nothing to be made personal..Also I do not need to quote you since i was not replying to you alone.

So you are suggesting that someone should have a profile out there when he/she is sure that they cannot submit the documents for another 2-3 months(which could be another 3-5 ITA draws)..according to you he/she should take ITA all the time the draw happens and then reject the ITA afterwards.. ?? Is it ?? That is the reason i told him-
My best advise (taking ethics into consideration and not being the devil :) ) is to reject the ITA now.. Keep your profile deactivated till you have your new IELTS score; Once you have the IELTS score Activate your profile with the new score and take ITA... Considering your CRS score i can presume that getting a good IELTS score will not be a unwieldy task for you..
Yet again if you decide to keep your profile active it will be nothing short of just a dummy profile with misrepresented facts and data..If CIC, for evident reasons, at a later time decide to bring in new rule to the allow only max of 1 or 2 or n ITA rejects then you will be in trouble..
Again, if later on CIC realize the number of ITA s being rejected are exorbitant then they may decide to ammend the rules ?..I was pointing this out to my friend when i told him
If CIC, for evident reasons, at a later time decide to bring in new rule to the allow only max of 1 or 2 or n ITA rejects then you will be in trouble..
Reading all these my friend told that
I responded to it by telling
Its completely your wish to decide not to deactivate the profile.. It will take 2-3 months to get your IELTS score.. Thus your's will be one of the dummy profiles for next 4-5 ITA s.

Also you told that
I was defending the OP who seemed to have a genuine reason for declining his ITA
. Ok i accept this time when he reject the ITA it would be for a genuine reason since his IELTS score got expired before he could submit the application. What about it when he reject it from next ITA onwards..?? Next time onwards he is repeating that mistake knowingly..If you commit the same mistake more than once, it is no longer considered a mistake. It's a conscious decision...It would be misrepresentation and CIC is pretty strict about it..It is clear that now in his profile the IELTS score that is given is expired one.. Which makes it an invalid score and thus is no less than someone giving some random score to create a profile..

I do not see the reason why you need to get offended and behave hostile when someone points out a fact..

Regards,
Seby

googboog

Star Member
Jan 17, 2015
If he rejects it again, feel free to say what you have to say. A lot of people were being unnecessarily rude to a guy who had a genuine problem. I'm not referring to other people who have rejected ITA multiple times (for whatever crazy reason they might have)

Seby25

Star Member
Aug 10, 2014
Hakuna Matata
googboog said:
My original reply wasn't to you. I even quoted the guy I was replying to
Is it ? But Reply #24 above looks like it was for me..You have quoted my reply..
Quote from: Seby25 on 20 April 2015, 15:35:38
And in the meanwhile another word with my dear friends who thinks that people with low score are simply cribbing since they are not getting ITA or since the score is not coming down..

Consider the below fact that - say - A group of say 1000-1500 applicants create profile with the hope that they can get a perfect CLB10+ if they take IELTS examination at their sweet liberty and time. Also they assume that some genorous and charitable organisations or companies in Canada are going to offer them a Job with LMIA. So they go ahead and create profile with these data. They are sure to get a score of 800+. Also, Everytime they get ITA and they keep rejeting it. So the score is surely going to linger around 800 only and will not come down (Yes ! In that case you guys will also get to have the sour grapes !!). Now they tell ppl with score less than 500 are simply cribbing since they have not received ITA or since they have petty and miserable score.. Guys, will it make sense in that case ?? Smiley

Please keep in mind that there are lot of people who have good IELTS score (CLB 9+) who are waiting for their ECA to be done. For this reason they have not created a profile yet.

This forum is all about helping each other and not to make personal accusations.. Lets all be humble enough and help each other in which ever way we can.. Cheesy and lets not make another person's meal a sour grape through our stupidity.. Smiley

Regards,
Seby