+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Decline of Invitation - Confused with LIMA exempt

chandra123

Oct 12, 2017
Hi Guys,

I recently got an invite from October Draw. I am on open work permit and I got confused with this LIMA job offer and placed Yes for an Valid job offer. I have good score now which can be pick for next draw. Can I decline the invitation and re do a new profile.
Also, do I need to mention the "Have you previously applied for Express Entry?" as Yes and provide the file number.

Please I Need your inputs.

Appreciate your help,

Chandra

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi Guys,

I recently got an invite from October Draw. I am on open work permit and I got confused with this LIMA job offer and placed Yes for an Valid job offer. I have good score now which can be pick for next draw. Can I decline the invitation and re do a new profile.
Also, do I need to mention the "Have you previously applied for Express Entry?" as Yes and provide the file number.

Appreciate your help,

Chandra
Yes, better to decline and wait for next ITA. No need to redo profile.
You answer "No" to "have you previously applied..." because you never actually applied.

chandra123

Oct 12, 2017
Hi Pacekeeper,

Thanks for the earliest reply,

Just to confirm are you sure with that placing answer as "NO". I placed the profile as Express Entry. But not applied for Permanent Residency Application. As they both show with different Entries.

Thanks in Advance,

Chandra

chandra123

Oct 12, 2017
One more quick question,

Once after I set that to decline, Can I edit the Transmitted application.

Because, I need to change that JOB offer letter as NO - In Intended to work in Canada section

OdinNguyen

Mar 30, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One more quick question,

Once after I set that to decline, Can I edit the Transmitted application.

Because, I need to change that JOB offer letter as NO - In Intended to work in Canada section
You can always change it after ITA you know? As long as your points will not fall below cut off points of your round.

chandra123

Oct 12, 2017
Hi,

but If I change something that I provided different from the Transmitted application to Application after ITA.

That shows that I am providing some false information Right??

Thanks

Chandra

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hi Guys,

Appreciate your help,

Chandra
You can decline the ITA. You DO NOT need a new profile.
NO, you HAVE NOT previously applied to express entry unless you have submitted a completed application previously and received an acknowledgement of receipt letter.

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hi,

but If I change something that I provided different from the Transmitted application to Application after ITA.

That shows that I am providing some false information Right??

Thanks

Chandra
You can change any information that does not make you ineligible for the FSW express entry process, post ITA while filling you application.

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi Pacekeeper,

Thanks for the earliest reply,

Just to confirm are you sure with that placing answer as "NO". I placed the profile as Express Entry. But not applied for Permanent Residency Application. As they both show with different Entries.

Thanks in Advance,

Chandra
Submitting an Express Entry profile, is different than actually submitting a Permanent Resident application. So you need to tick the box "No".