+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Declaring work experience

Mar 14, 2020
Hi all,

I currently held my first job in Canada in my NOC field but I was let go from the job just prior to it would have been 1 year of work experience. I was let go just 2 weeks prior it would have been a complete 1 year of work experience.

Now, I created my profile in the Express Entry and in the work history section, there is only month and year for 'From' and 'To' fields to specify for the work experience. I accurately portrayed the beginning and end month of my work experience. After I was finished submitting my Express Entry profile, in my total points, I was awarded points for 1 year of Canadian work experience, however, in my Record of Employment, I am 2 weeks short of 1 year.

Should I be worried of the fact that the application wizard didn't ask to specify the days of the work experience, only month and year? Could this cause an issue when I am asked to submit documents regarding my work experience?

Any suggestions on how should I deal with this?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
I currently held my first job in Canada in my NOC field but I was let go from the job just prior to it would have been 1 year of work experience. I was let go just 2 weeks prior it would have been a complete 1 year of work experience.
That´s terrible, so sorry, and what bad timing.

Now, I created my profile in the Express Entry and in the work history section, there is only month and year for 'From' and 'To' fields to specify for the work experience. I accurately portrayed the beginning and end month of my work experience. After I was finished submitting my Express Entry profile, in my total points, I was awarded points for 1 year of Canadian work experience, however, in my Record of Employment, I am 2 weeks short of 1 year.

Should I be worried of the fact that the application wizard didn't ask to specify the days of the work experience, only month and year? Could this cause an issue when I am asked to submit documents regarding my work experience?
Yes, and yes. Many people have been refused because the system told them they were eligible, when they were not. IRCC tells you that it is your responsibility to make sure you are eligible before you apply.

Any suggestions on how should I deal with this?
You can remove the Canadian experience from your profile until you actually complete one year. (I assume you also have foreign work experience?) Hopefully you will be able to find another job before too long to complete the one year.