+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Declaring representative / lawyer to IRCC

Economist9

Star Member
Dec 3, 2021
Hello everyone,

I would like to ask for advice on something I am not sure of regarding authorised representatives.

Suppose I do a consultation with a lawyer and pay them for the time, and during the meeting I ask their opinion about a couple different PR pathways I am considering, and specific questions about my situation.

Suppose the lawyer gives advice on which program I should apply for, and also suppose they ask for a copy of my current permit.

But I don't ask for any help with filling out or submitting an application. I will do the application entirely by myself. I want to consult only for overall advice on which PR program I should focus on, given my profile.

Does this mean I have to declare the lawyer as an authorised representative on my next application? I would be really grateful for any input or advice on this please. Thank you so much, and have a nice day ahead.

Last edited:

0001buddies

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
Brampton,ON
Hello everyone,

I would like to ask for advice on something I am not sure of regarding authorised representatives.

Suppose I do a consultation with a lawyer and pay them for the time, and during the meeting I ask their opinion about a couple different PR pathways I am considering, and specific questions about my situation.

Suppose the lawyer gives advice on which program I should apply for, and also suppose they ask for a copy of my current permit.

But I don't ask for any help with filling out or submitting an application. I will do the application entirely by myself. I want to consult only for overall advice on which PR program I should focus on, given my profile.

Does this mean I have to declare the lawyer as an authorised representative on my next application? I would be really grateful for any input or advice on this please. Thank you so much, and have a nice day ahead.
Not necessary totally update to you.

Reactions: Economist9

Pdm_ca

Nov 26, 2022
Hello everyone,

No you don’t need to declare them as representative.

Reactions: Economist9