+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

declaring a child prior to landing in canada

dynamicbarry

Dec 9, 2015
i already have my immigrant visa when we learn that my girlfriend was pregnant.
i stayed with my girlfriend troughout her pregnancy until she deliver our baby girl.
Now i need to leave for canada, i infrom the immigration tru email that i want to declare my newborn baby so that i will not encounter any problem in the near future. the problem is my visa will expire in a month.
please i need an advise. should i go or wait for the instruction of the cic.
any advised is highly apreciated

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
dynamicbarry said:
i already have my immigrant visa when we learn that my girlfriend was pregnant.
i stayed with my girlfriend troughout her pregnancy until she deliver our baby girl.
Now i need to leave for canada, i infrom the immigration tru email that i want to declare my newborn baby so that i will not encounter any problem in the near future. the problem is my visa will expire in a month.
please i need an advise. should i go or wait for the instruction of the cic.
any advised is highly apreciated
You must NOT go to Canada to land until this is sorted out. Raise an urgent Case Specific Enquiry with the issuing Visa Office and ask for instructions on how to add the child to your application, even if the child is non-accompanying. They will tell you what to do. If you ignore this and go anyway, you will never be able to sponsor your child in the future and you will be committing the offence of misrepresentation.

dynamicbarry

Dec 9, 2015
i already informed them trhu email, but they said that ill wait for reply with in the next 28 days.
anyone knows the process on this?
thank you for any advise