+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Declaration Card on Move to Canada after 1st Landing

sarahsos

Jun 29, 2016
Hi,

I did my first short landing in April for five days. I have my PR card now and tomorrow I will be traveling to Canada to stay permanently.

My question is for the declaration card I should check the "Residents of Canada" section? I haven't really lived in Canada so I'm a little confused on what to check.

Last edited:

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, you can bring a new laptop. Prepare to pay duties because it would probably exceed your exempted amount. Check resident of Canada (provided you have a Canadian address) and go to the residents line in the airport.

Reactions: sarahsos

sarahsos

Jun 29, 2016
Yes, you can bring a new laptop. Prepare to pay duties because it would probably exceed your exempted amount. Check resident of Canada (provided you have a Canadian address) and go to the residents line in the airport.
Hi, thank you so much for the response. I have my hotel address, not a permanent address, I can still check resident?

Last edited:

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hi, thank you so much for the response. I have my hotel address, not a permanent address, I can still check resident?
Well for customs purposes you are not a visitor but a resident with a PR card regardless whether you have a current residential address or not.

spousalsponsee

Apr 21, 2017
Hi,

I did my first short landing in April for five days. I have my PR card now and tomorrow I will be traveling to Canada to stay permanently.

My question is for the declaration card I should check the "Residents of Canada" section? I haven't really lived in Canada so I'm a little confused on what to check.
Of course you do. You say it yourself - you're a Permanent Resident of Canada. Any Canadian documents that says 'visitors go here, PRs and Citizens go here', you have to follow the PR/Citizen line. That's you.