+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Deck officers, water transport (NOC 2273)

Arunsehrawat1

Sep 21, 2018
NOC Code......
hello this is vikram singh from india...
is it possible to apply for work permit or express entry if i have continuous 12 months onboard experience... ??
if yes what documemts required?
if no , please advise the visas or way i can apply for?

thanks and regards.
Yes, since you're meeting minimum requirement of atleast one year continuous work experience.

Sankalp18

Oct 23, 2020
Good Day Sir,
This is Sankalp Singhal I had recently made a profile and applied for PR under express entry under NOC 2273, my background is BSC in Nautical Science (WES evaluated already) and CLB 10 in LSW and CLB 9 in Reading, I have three and half years of work exp but in 5 different contract periods, also I have an elder brother with a PR there so I get 15 points for that, when I calculated my score on the CRS calculator its shows as 453 but now after submitting the application it says I am ineligible, is it as I did not show continuous one year work experience?
Kindly advice the reason for rejection
Thanks in advance

Sankalp18

Oct 23, 2020
Include your holidays in your work experience.

You would need 3 years of work experience to get to a qualifying score, generally speaking.
Believe, you have sorted your concerns by now. if not, PM me.

I was away from CV forum for a while.
Sir, I have a query regarding this three plus years of work exp, considering my case I have a total sail time of 3.5 years out of which 1.5 years was my cadet ship with company A and thereafter getting my COC I started working with company B and did 3 contracts with them as third off since August 2017 upto Aug 2020 (none of the continuous for 1 year), if I can get convince my current employer to give me a letter of employment for continuous one year, will this make me qualify for FSW programme or I need to show 3 years of full time work exp to meet the CRS score criteria and FSW together

Johnnextdoor

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
Sir, I have a query regarding this three plus years of work exp, considering my case I have a total sail time of 3.5 years out of which 1.5 years was my cadet ship with company A and thereafter getting my COC I started working with company B and did 3 contracts with them as third off since August 2017 upto Aug 2020 (none of the continuous for 1 year), if I can get convince my current employer to give me a letter of employment for continuous one year, will this make me qualify for FSW programme or I need to show 3 years of full time work exp to meet the CRS score criteria and FSW together
Hi Sankalp!!
I understood your query. So what i believe is that you've sailed for a continuous period of 1.5 years as a cadet with company A. If so, your biggest problem of workexperience, that most of us are struggling with, is sorted. If you haven't sailed for continuous 1.5 years, all you can do is club your time together. That is, count your entire cadetship contracts as one (including your waiting time at home) and do the same for your 3 off. contracts. Request your company not to mention about waiting. Just mention in your letter as this date to this date- cadet, and post COC showthis date to this date 3rd Off.
This would be your best chance.
If we have to go by the continous 1 years' experience, most of us in our profession wouldn't qualify.

TC Regards

Reactions: Sankalp18

Sankalp18

Oct 23, 2020
Hi Sankalp!!
I understood your query. So what i believe is that you've sailed for a continuous period of 1.5 years as a cadet with company A. If so, your biggest problem of workexperience, that most of us are struggling with, is sorted. If you haven't sailed for continuous 1.5 years, all you can do is club your time together. That is, count your entire cadetship contracts as one (including your waiting time at home) and do the same for your 3 off. contracts. Request your company not to mention about waiting. Just mention in your letter as this date to this date- cadet, and post COC showthis date to this date 3rd Off.
This would be your best chance.
If we have to go by the continous 1 years' experience, most of us in our profession wouldn't qualify.

TC Regards
Thank you for you prompt response, I understood the solution and will get in touch in with my companies to get those letters.
Thanks

anggad

May 24, 2021
hi DC.CA,
I have completed a 4 year program in b.tech nautical science, have completed my cadetship for a period of 12 months, Do i have the neccesary requirements for applying under the PR program? Also what is the employment scenario in Canada for a fresher like me?

tyagifever

Star Member
Oct 23, 2018
Hi guys,
Do we have to include the sailing time in "address history" section ? If so, how do I go about it? Its very confusing since there is obviously no address to give. Thanks

tyagifever

Star Member
Oct 23, 2018
hi guys,
can anyone please suggest how do we enter address history for the time spent sailing?? I'm sure those of you applied, must've been wary of this question. Please help to guide me about this, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

gsohi2011

May 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-08-2017
AOR Received.
30-08-2017
File Transfer...
27-10-2017
Passport Req..
28-12-2017
LANDED..........
01-04-2018
hi guys,
can anyone please suggest how do we enter address history for the time spent sailing?? I'm sure those of you applied, must've been wary of this question. Please help to guide me about this, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!
For sailing time, address will be your home address.

elrufi

Aug 1, 2021
Ilorin
Hi XiangXiang..
Well, I guess you would stand a better chance at qualifying for the FSW program as far as eligibility is concerned. as you were getting paid around the year. I would suggest that you include your entire employment time (sailing + vacation) and consider it as continuous three years of work experience under that particular NOC code. I have currently submitted my profile and am awaiting updates, so I cannot say for sure if it would work, but one thing that I'm sure of is that you would stand a better chance at being granted a PR considering your continuous payment, as that ascertains the condition of continuous employment. I know of someone as your case, who has been granted a PR and that's why I feel so.
There is a telegram group that I'm a part of, dedicated to our NOC codes applicants, either awaiting or granted. Do drop your number so that I can have you added.
Hi can you please add me to the telegram group also +2347058135410

Aaron Izyan

Jun 2, 2021
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi can you please add me to the telegram group also +2347058135410

Hi, I am also a deck officer seeking information for EE. Can someone add me in Telegram group. My number is +959450013157.

With many thanks

shipping

Oct 5, 2017
Dear Guys,

I am a Seafarer, Deck Officer (NOC 2273 - B - Ship Officer, Water Transport) and have a few queries with respect to my EE profile, as mentioned below -

Firstly, the nature of my job is quite different, it -
1. requires me to work 84 hours per week, for 2/3 months at a stretch -then- 2/3 months complete leave.
2. is mostly contractual type, 2/3 months contract and then sign a new contract to join a ship.
3. is such that I have worked with many employers/shipowners (more than 12 in last 7 years).
4. have travelled worldwide to 38 countries multiple times via ship.

Now, In the EE profile, what do I regarding -
A) filling in the 'hours of work' column (I am confused between 84 hours or 42 hours, due to my odd job-timings as written above)

B) work experience letter - I was contractually employed by 12 ship-owners/employers in last 7 years. And getting 12 work-experience letters for actual ship-owners would be extremely tedious. Should It judicious to request just one of the recruiting HR/crewing agency to give me a letter for all the work-years in Merchant Navy?

C) proof of funds - in all yesteryears, my salaries have been credited into my bank account by all those different ship-owners (their names are mentioned as well in bank statement entries' narration). And if I show a crewing agency as my employer for all previous years, and whereas my salary had been as deposited by various other parties at the different time. to add further, even the salary slips are issued by the ship-owners, not the crewing agency. Could it be a cause of concern/rejection while showing proof of funds?

D) police clearance certificate - In my passport(s), apart from usual arrival/departure entries from airports around the world, I have had some (3-three +) temporary working visas from Malaysia (of 3 months each) to work in the offshore Malaysian oil fields aboard ships. Malaysian authorities will not issue me a PCC, as I have not stayed in Malaysia (on the land). I was in fact only at sea, away from the land & territorial waters. Could I be required to produce PCC from Malaysia by the Canadian visa officer?

It would be a great help to me, if you guys please reply.

Regards,
DeeCee.
You must be sailing on board Canadian Flag vessel by now? Just remember my youngster time when I was a seadog too.