+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Deck officers, water transport (NOC 2273)

Arunsehrawat1

Sep 21, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi VickyL,

There is a way of showing our experience so that it is deemed to be continuous.
And by this, I also mean that showing/producing Seaman's Book / CDC (to substantiate your experience) to visa officer can actually ruin your application for the FSW programme.

For sample experience letter that you are asking - I am sorry, I am only providing to those who are enrolling with me for their PR application.

(Hit 'like' if you find the information useful.)
Hi DC.CA, can you please share your contact details?

marinesent

Jul 10, 2018
Hi guys. I'm a chief mate in LNG ships and want to migrate. I have done IELTS, WES, also my wife done those things .Issue is my experience .I sail 4 month on and off hence experience is not continuous. Does anyone with same case migrated recently. No agency could answer me properly

Rj887

Aug 5, 2018
Hi guys. I'm a chief mate in LNG ships and want to migrate. I have done IELTS, WES, also my wife done those things .Issue is my experience .I sail 4 month on and off hence experience is not continuous. Does anyone with same case migrated recently. No agency could answer me properly
Look in this thread properly, you will get your answer.

Sarang Sood

Oct 9, 2018
Good Day Guys,

I have recently received my Pr for Canada . I am working as a Master on oil tankers . I had a few questions if any of you could answer for me please.

1 Which province is best for relocation in Canada for seafarers to find jobs ?
2 How much time does it usually take to convert our indian coc to a canadian coc ? I do understand that we have to re do most of our modular courses again in canada ... If any of you could help me with this it would really be a big help.

Thanks
Sarang

Reactions: marinesent

Rj887

Aug 5, 2018
Good Day Guys,

I have recently received my Pr for Canada . I am working as a Master on oil tankers . I had a few questions if any of you could answer for me please.

Job search wise you can settle anywhere, but Brtish Columbia and Ontario should be preferred as you will have to travel less to join the ship. Also these two provinces taxes are bit moderate around 30% other provinces it can go upto 35%. College wise British columbia is better as you can find many maritime colleges there.
2 How much time does it usually take to convert our indian coc to a canadian coc ? I do understand that we have to re do most of our modular courses again in canada
You have to give written exam and oral exam as well,it all depends upon how fast you can get the courses as they are not conducted regularly. Minimum 6 months it would take but can go upto a year or more too...
If any of you could help me with this it would really be a big help.

Thanks
Sarang

Sarang Sood

Oct 9, 2018
Dear Rj887,

Many thanks for your prompt revert . I had also shortlisted British Columbia basis my research .

However, I would like to ask a few more questions if you could answer for me.

1 . What are minimum wages paid by shipping companies in canada ? Is it with some hourly rate or a composite package ?
2 Do Canadian companies hire Indians after they do the requisite conversion of license?
3 Will a company hire u as a master if you are sailing as one or would they hire me at a lower rank ?
4 what is the average trip length with a Canadian company for officers , I would be keen for coastal shipping if they gonna tax me .
5 Do we have to pay tax in canada if i continue working with my present employer and part of my remittance is sent to my Indian accounts ?
6 I have no common friends in canada so would it be feasible for me to rent an accommodation in bc without a Canadian job offer OR A Guarantor as most of the places I read that you need some one as a referal ? What would be an average rent for an accommodation in bc ? I am looking for a for a furnished accommodation for my first year . Any real estate realtors you could advise me .
7. What are the other prospects for seafarers in canada which we could look upto ?
8. A stupid one but who doesn't love dollars. ... which kind of seafaring outfit or job role pays you the best wages in canada ?
9 How stable is the job scenario with Canadian shipping outfits .
10 . Are shore job opportunities available in canada for us.

It would be a great help if you could spare some of your precious time and revert to my above questions ?

Thanks
Sarang

Rj887

Aug 5, 2018
Dear Rj887,

Many thanks for your prompt revert . I had also shortlisted British Columbia basis my research .

However, I would like to ask a few more questions if you could answer for me.

1 . What are minimum wages paid by shipping companies in canada ? Is it with some hourly rate or a composite package ?
Its an hourly package if you go with unionised company arnd 50 cad/ hr for Master, some company which are not in union pay you daily wage
2 Do Canadian companies hire Indians after they do the requisite conversion of license?
Yeah they hire foreign nationals
3 Will a company hire u as a master if you are sailing as one or would they hire me at a lower rank ?
Not sure about this at Master level for junior ranks or mates you hired at a lower level and then promoted.
4 what is the average trip length with a Canadian company for officers , I would be keen for coastal shipping if they gonna tax me .
If you are hired with a Canadian company you get your salary after tax cut that is minimum around 30 % even if its coastal. Average duration can range from 6 to 8 weeks on and 3 to 4 weeks off, same for all ranks onboard, from April to December for lakes, as in winters lakes are closed or full year for west coast.
5 Do we have to pay tax in canada if i continue working with my present employer and part of my remittance is sent to my Indian accounts ?
Canadians are taxed for their worldwide income, not sure if their is any tax treaty with India.
6 I have no common friends in canada so would it be feasible for me to rent an accommodation in bc without a Canadian job offer OR A Guarantor as most of the places I read that you need some one as a referal ? What would be an average rent for an accommodation in bc ? I am looking for a for a furnished accommodation for my first year . Any real estate realtors you could advise me .
Average rent would be arnd 1400-2000 depending upon the area, probably you should go land first there where you have someone close as intially you have to wait for the pr card before you can start your conversion process. Rental is pretty expensive in big cities like Vancouver and Toronto, average one bedroom apartment ranges from 1400-1700. I dont know any relators genuinely.
7. What are the other prospects for seafarers in canada which we could look upto ?
At Master level you should get many opportunities
8. A stupid one but who doesn't love dollars. ... which kind of seafaring outfit or job role pays you the best wages in canada ?
Sailing Master
9 How stable is the job scenario with Canadian shipping outfits .
Its pretty stable as companies are very few
10 . Are shore job opportunities available in canada for us.
Are few but can be achieved.

It would be a great help if you could spare some of your precious time and revert to my above questions ?

Thanks
Sarang

Last edited:
Reactions: Simkash and DC.CA

marinesent

Jul 10, 2018
Good Day Guys,

2 How much time does it usually take to convert our indian coc to a canadian coc ? I do understand that we have to re do most of our modular courses again in canada ... If any of you could help me with this it would really be a big help.

Thanks
Sarang
Congrats how much is required
Good Day Guys,

Thanks
S

DC.CA

Apr 11, 2016
Congrats sir. How much in IELTs is required to get PR
There is not a one-word answer of your query, it depends on the individual case

However for the sake of your query, generally, one should aim for L-8, W-7, R-7,S-7 bands.

A Detailed Answer to your Question -
------------------------------------------------------
1)
PR can be attained after receiving ITA.
ITA can be received after achieving a minimum CRS cut-off score of that particular EE draw.
CRS is a combination of various factors including Age, Education, English & French Proficiency, Work Experience, Spousal Points, Job Offer etc.etc.

2)
Therefore, IELTS is one of the important yet NOT the only factor in attaining Permanent Residency. One may get the ITA even at the low score of the IELTS or even without going for IELTS at all, if (s)he secures enough CRS.
However in an average Joe scenario, one would need a minimum of 8 bands in Listening and 7 in all other sections.
----------------------------------------------------------

Good Luck.

(HIT the Like Below!!)

Reactions: Simkash

marinesent

Jul 10, 2018
Your query is quite vague

However for the sake of your query, generally, one should aim for L-8, W-7, R-7,S-7 bands.

A Detailed Answer to your Question -
------------------------------------------------------
1)
PR can be attained after receiving ITA.
ITA can be received after achieving a minimum CRS cut-off score of that particular EE draw.
CRS is a combination of various factors including Age, Education, English & French Proficiency, Work Experience, Spousal Points, Job Offer etc.etc.

2)
Therefore, IELTS is one of the important yet NOT the only factor in attaining Permanent Residency. One may get the ITA even at the low score of the IELTS or even without going for IELTS at all, if (s)he secures enough CRS.
However in an average Joe scenario, one would need a minimum of 8 bands in Listening and 7 in all other sections.
----------------------------------------------------------

Good Luck.

(HIT the Like Below!!)
Ok

DC.CA

Apr 11, 2016
I got band 7. And will try to optain 8-7-7-7 next time.
I would advise you to get your CRS Score Calculated. if not done already.

Your aspirations of IELTS score should be on the basis of your qualifying CRS score, not anything else.

Sometimes even 8-7-7-7 are not enough, and in some cases, even 6 each also get oneself an ITA.

florbv77

Nov 19, 2018
Hello, guys! I just want to know if my husband is qualified for express entry. He has been an LPG master mariner since 2010. Our immigration consultant here in the Philippines told us that he is not qualified because of his work experiences which do not last for 1 year as his contracts are usually 6-7 months. We were told to just go for the student visa, me being the applicant. However, I'm still not completely convinced that my husband's work experience is not enough. He has been an overseas seafarer since 1997, and a deck officer since 1999. I have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering but my work experience of 3 yrs (1998-2002) is not counted as I resigned from work (to become a full-time housewife) in 2002 when we got married. We have three children and we have sufficient proof of funds.

Is age really a big factor (we're both 41 yo)? or is NOC 2273 not an in-demand occupation in Canada?

I hope someone can shed light on us. Thanks in advance.

By the way, He is also open to land-based occupations not related to seafaring. We just want to know if his qualifications as a master mariner can be used to gain PR.

Last edited: