+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Decision Made

Vercetti

Star Member
Oct 21, 2010
Hey everyone,

I checked the CIC website today to see if there was an update on my case. It now says that a decision has been made concerning my Permanent Residence application.

While I am extremely excited I am also very nervous that it is a possible rejection of my application. My question is - can they decline your application without calling you in for an interview?

Or could this decision made change on the website mean that they want to call me in for an interview?

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
They won't be requesting an interview if they have made the decision already.
It is possible to be refused permanent residency without an interview.
All you can do is wait for a letter/email to arrive.

Good luck!

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vercetti said:
Hey everyone,

I checked the CIC website today to see if there was an update on my case. It now says that a decision has been made concerning my Permanent Residence application.

While I am extremely excited I am also very nervous that it is a possible rejection of my application. My question is - can they decline your application without calling you in for an interview?

Or could this decision made change on the website mean that they want to call me in for an interview?
When did you file your app? It might be that they'll send you a letter for PPR.

Hauser

Jul 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes,but 99% is that you are through.If they intended to give you hard time,they would ask for additional papers..than more,or they would call you on interview.
But,yes,I think I can congratulate you.

Vercetti

Star Member
Oct 21, 2010
I officially sent in my application last February.

They received my sponsor application February 25, 2011

Started processing it March 24, 2011

They received my application for permanent residence on April 7, 2011

Started processing it July 8, 2011

Medicals were received around 4 to 5 months ago

And today I looked on the site and it said a decision had been made

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vercetti said:
I officially sent in my application last February.

They received my sponsor application February 25, 2011

Started processing it March 24, 2011

They received my application for permanent residence on April 7, 2011

Started processing it July 8, 2011

Medicals were received around 4 to 5 months ago

And today I looked on the site and it said a decision had been made
I've just went through your posts and they asked you to pay RPRF a few months ago which is a good sign. If they were to refuse your case, they wouldn't have asked you to pay RPRF. So you have a good sign of getting your PR app finalized now and since you're a US citizen, who doesn't require a PR visa anymore, you'll just get a letter from Buffalo, stating that you can land now. I think we'll be congratulating you very soon with the end of your journey!

Kazakhstan

Star Member
Jan 12, 2012
Vercetti said:
It now says that a decision has been made concerning my Permanent Residence application.
No worries. It means you got your permanent residence. Wait for the letter in the mail and later, usually within a month or so, a "landing" appointment letter. In about 6 weeks more or less (depending how busy your local CIC office is) you're going to become a Canadian PR. Congratulations! They require your original passport and a couple photos at the time of the landing appointment. Your non-Canadian dependents (if you have any) and your sponsor have to be present there, too.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Kazakhstan said:
No worries. It means you got your permanent residence. Wait for the letter in the mail and later, usually within a month or so, a "landing" appointment letter. In about 6 weeks more or less (depending how busy your local CIC office is) you're going to become a Canadian PR. Congratulations! They require your original passport and a couple photos at the time of the landing appointment. Your non-Canadian dependents (if you have any) and your sponsor have to be present there, too.
I think thats for inland applications.

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kazakhstan said:
He's American and applied through Buffalo, therefore he has a different procedure to follow. He should get an official letter in the mail from the consulate on his PR approval. Then he can basically land right away at any US-Canadian border.

Quince777

Aug 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's about time for your app to get finalized anyways, since you submitted it in Feb, so it's almost a year.

Kazakhstan

Star Member
Jan 12, 2012
Quince777 said:
He's American and applied through Buffalo, therefore he has a different procedure to follow. He should get an official letter in the mail from the consulate on his PR approval. Then he can basically land right away at any US-Canadian border.
Oh I see. For some reason I assumed it was an in-Canada application...

Vercetti

Star Member
Oct 21, 2010
Mehwish9 said:
dont worry,it is a good sign,your case has been finalized and you will soon get your PR.
That's what I am hoping for!

Can someone tell me if they will request my passport if I am from the USA?

Or do I just land by crossing the border?

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
No more PP requests for visa-exempt persons. They will send your COPR.