+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Decision made

kk2018

Oct 24, 2018
Last week Me and my wife's ECAS status changed to Decision made (DM). But for my kids still, ECAS shows as In-Process and they're under 14.

Is this normal or will have to wait for the Oath invite until their status to changed Decision made??
It is normal kids status will not changed . Same thing happed to me and some here told me about .

kk2018

Oct 24, 2018
Can you share your timeline, please? How long you waited after Decision made (DM) to Oath invite.
Hi
You can go to August spread sheet and see all the details. kk2018 is my profile name,as I don't remember all the dates now. Waiting time from dm to oath date was 4 months .

mmpiz

Nov 15, 2018
Hi guys!

I need a bit of reassurance I suppose... I had my test on April 4, 2019 - passed the the test, however while reviewing my documents with an officer, we notice one discrepancy - I did not mention one trip outside Canada that happened in 2014. I totally oversaw that trip. Office said it should not matter much since I have enough credit and that I will get an email to submit additional paperwork if needed. Till yesterday have not received any requests but status of my application online changed to DM.

Called and spoke to an agent, there was no notes on the account but also they could not say what is the decision.

Anyone had similar/same experience?

JPBless

May 14, 2018
Hi guys!

I need a bit of reassurance I suppose... I had my test on April 4, 2019 - passed the the test, however while reviewing my documents with an officer, we notice one discrepancy - I did not mention one trip outside Canada that happened in 2014. I totally oversaw that trip. Office said it should not matter much since I have enough credit and that I will get an email to submit additional paperwork if needed. Till yesterday have not received any requests but status of my application online changed to DM.

Called and spoke to an agent, there was no notes on the account but also they could not say what is the decision.

Congratulations you are inching closer to the finish line.

This can only be good news since you had enough buffer to cover the undeclared trip. Plus the officer told you so. Highly likely they would have contacted you if they wanted to make adverse decision.

Last edited:

mmpiz

Nov 15, 2018
Congratulations you are inching closer to the finishing line.

This can only be good news since you had enough buffer to cover the undeclared trip. Plus the officer told you so. Highly likely they would have contacted you if they wanted to make adverse decision.
I truly hope so, I've been waiting for that day to happen! Fingers crossed.

Thank you for responding!

kkk3532

Star Member
Sep 13, 2018
can you add me in group

decision made :- 3rd april 2019
awaiting oat ceremony
November 2018 applicant.

I am waiting for oath ceremony and i am only getting answer for officer on phone that u have to wait till November , than only u can put a request

_KK8512_

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
I truly hope so, I've been waiting for that day to happen! Fingers crossed.

Thank you for responding!
Pretty sure that once you get Decision Made on ecas, you're set for Oath ceremony. You are essentially epsilon away from the end.

Franckus11

Jan 25, 2019
Pretty sure that once you get Decision Made on ecas, you're set for Oath ceremony. You are essentially epsilon away from the end.
Hi guys!

Hey man I bet you receive an oath invite within 2 weeks either by mail or email

Good luck

ghsamim

Sep 7, 2018
Hello
My status change to the decision made yesterday.when i click on that last update is my test date. Can i ask what does this mean? And how long usually does it take to receive ceremony date and why they didn't send when status changed to decision made.?
Thank you
Hello Nani, I am just looking at your question with regard to how long it will take to be invited to the oath of citizenship after the icas status changes to DM. I guess you have most probably received your citizenship by now. If yes, could you tell me how long was it for you. I am asking this because I checked my ecas yesterday Oct. 17. and it just changed to DM. I was curious how long I may wait until I get invited to the ceremony. thanks in advance for replying to my question.

plikhi

Star Member
May 5, 2014
Hi all,
I passed my citizenship test in mid of April and the officer said he had no concern for this case. We are good to go for the ceremony within 6-8 weeks of time. But still today, I see that my status has not been changed to "Decision Made". What could be the reason, please? In the past, I saw many people getting their decision made just within 1 day of passing the test. Please share your thoughts. Worried! Thanks a lot for your two cents.
Hi I have similar situation, I see your post is old so want to check if anything happened so far .

hardnut

Aug 23, 2018
Brampton, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi, IND
App. Filed.......
11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-2011
LANDED..........
10-2011
Hello,
Decision made status is updated once you pass your Citizenship test/Interview and the Citizenship officer has made their decision to grant or revoke your Canadian citizenship.
"REVOKE" is not the right word here. "DENY or REFUSE" is correct. Citizenship is revoked when it has already been granted.

bunny89

Jan 14, 2016
Hi, I took the citizenship test on Jan 30th and officer said decision is made and it is approved. Got to sign the application form. Online status is still showing as In-Progress. Is been a week is there anything to worry about ?

baba1234

Aug 4, 2011
Can we withdraw the citizenship application after decision made and will it make any difference if it is withdrawn before decision made on Ecas.
Please share your valuable views on this.

Wichen12

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
Application Withdrawn
If you wish to withdraw your application, you must advise us before a decision on your application has been made. Thats was been written in cic site