+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Decision Made

egyo

Apr 24, 2012
Hello all,
Last January we had JH which went very well. Yesterday, our E-CAS status updated to "Decision Made: A decision has been taken on your application. You should receive correspondence within the next three months." We are currently out of the country and a mail arrived yesterday in Express Mail that needs our signatures...and i am not sure if it is from CIC or not. Does CIC send Express mail? Any feedback from experts would help. Thanks in advance.

nexxus007

Jul 30, 2014
egyo said:
Hello all,
Last January we had JH which went very well. Yesterday, our E-CAS status updated to "Decision Made: A decision has been taken on your application. You should receive correspondence within the next three months." We are currently out of the country and a mail arrived yesterday in Express Mail that needs our signatures...and i am not sure if it is from CIC or not. Does CIC send Express mail? Any feedback from experts would help. Thanks in advance.
CIC does not send out Express Mails from my experience. All our correspondences have been received via regular email.

egyo

Apr 24, 2012
me too. but this one requires signatures which has never happened before. I just called CIC and they didn't give me any info other than that you will receive a letter with your decision. I feel pessimistic about t :(

egyo

Apr 24, 2012
UPDATE: Letter is from CIC and the CJ didn't approve our citizenship application (even though at the interview he made us feel it is 99% approved) Anyway, after 4 years and 4 months they rejected our application...after thousands of dollars spent on lawyers they rejected our application, after many years of living in Canada on part time jobs and rejecting full-time ones outside the country they rejected our application. Thanks Canada :(

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
egyo said:
UPDATE: Letter is from CIC and the CJ didn't approve our citizenship application (even though at the interview he made us feel it is 99% approved) Anyway, after 4 years and 4 months they rejected our application...after thousands of dollars spent on lawyers they rejected our application, after many years of living in Canada on part time jobs and rejecting full-time ones outside the country they rejected our application. Thanks Canada :(
Did you apply with less than 1095 days?

Do you meet requirements under new rules? (4 our 6 years physical presence in Canada now)

Exports

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
Hi Egyo,

Sorry to hear about this! I was really hoping for a positive response! Are u eligible as per new rule also?
If yes, they should Hv considered this atleast. I am waiting for 6 months now after passing the test for the CJ hearing. Decision in your case leave me blank about the outcome. I was positive that with change of government and recent cases of shortfall being approved will lead to approval.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
egyo said:
I'm so sorry to hear about your case. Having gone thru similar process, I have 0% confidence in the entire farce drama of Citizenship Hearing. It defies any logic why CIC has drag applications for over 4 years, assign it to Citizenship Judge, who states cannot go against the CIC's decision and denies.

First of all, the Citizenship Judges, should be ONLY legal experts with real powers to overrule CIC's decisions, otherwise its waste of space. Alternatively, disband the roles of these so called Citizenship Judges, let candidate go straight Federal Courts for getting justice.

All through, CIC gives false hopes to helpless candidates, stating its in process. If the CIC is forthcoming and inform candidate that due to assigned reason your approval of case is beyond CIC's powers and it will be assigned to Citizenship Judge, that will "X" number of years.

Why can't CIC give candidates the choice to "Withdraw" the case or wait for Citizenship Hearing ???

Sadly, it looks like CIC love to see the candidate are left hanging for years. Also to justify the jobs of Citizenship Judges, who are NOT career legal experts but mere political appointees, trying to return favor to political bosses by perpetuating their policies after they left.

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
egyo, sorry to hear bad news, mate.

that was snake type of judge you were dealing with - smile in a face and then stab your back with a knife. I know a couple of such type.

Just flip that sad page and reapply as soon as you can.

Good luck mate!