an_one

Feb 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am B.E.(CIVIL) & My wife is M.Sc. (IT) . Both degrees & colleges are recognised/approved by UGC& AICTE

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
an_one said:
I am B.E.(CIVIL) & My wife is M.Sc. (IT) . Both degrees & colleges are recognised/approved by UGC& AICTE
Ok let me see.

Your Edu - 20pts
Lang - 12 pts
Your Work Exp - 21 pts
Age - 26 years - 10pts
Adaptability - 5 pts

Total 68 points.

Wait for the reason for rejection and lets see where are they not satisfied.

an_one

Feb 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rocky

Just waiting n praying...

csic_student

Star Member
Feb 25, 2010
Vancouver BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The only reason for refusal I can think of is Visa officer not satisfied that your job responsibilites and education match with NOC 0711. In that case your consultant can challange them at IRB and have the case re-considered by a different Visa officer. Even though your job responsibilites does not match with the NOC, Visa officer still needs to give you a fair chance to prove your case to him and call you for an interview.
I have done several studies at UBC on different cases and the result is pretty much the same that Visa officer not satisfied with your education and job responsibilites and the officer is convinced that you are not capable of coducting the job. CHC Bureaucracy is different in different countries. It has a lot to do with the culture of that particular country as well. Whatever the reason is, they will give you a proper explanation supported by proper Section of Acts and Regs. Have your consultant to look at it and don't be afraid to take the case to IRB if you are not satisfied with the decesion.

Again, I am not a consultant...Just a student for now..!!! Only certified consultant or lawyer can give proper suggestion.
Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

csic_student said:
The only reason for refusal I can think of is Visa officer not satisfied that your job responsibilites and education match with NOC 0711. In that case your consultant can challange them at IRB and have the case re-considered by a different Visa officer. Even though your job responsibilites does not match with the NOC, Visa officer still needs to give you a fair chance to prove your case to him and call you for an interview.
I have done several studies at UBC on different cases and the result is pretty much the same that Visa officer not satisfied with your education and job responsibilites and the officer is convinced that you are not capable of coducting the job. CHC Bureaucracy is different in different countries. It has a lot to do with the culture of that particular country as well. Whatever the reason is, they will give you a proper explanation supported by proper Section of Acts and Regs. Have your consultant to look at it and don't be afraid to take the case to IRB if you are not satisfied with the decesion.

Again, I am not a consultant...Just a student for now..!!! Only certified consultant or lawyer can give proper suggestion.
Thanks
1. I suggest you study a little harder, the OP is applying under the Skilled Worker class, there is no appeal to the IAD only for leave to appeal at the Federal Court.
2. There is no law regulation that an interview is required. This has been stated by the Federal Court a number of times.
3. The IRB is the Immigration Refugee Board, it only hears Refugee claims.

PMM

csic_student

Star Member
Feb 25, 2010
Vancouver BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So, what do you think the reason for refusal(If indeed the application has been refused) could be PMM? And is there anything the applicant can do?
Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

csic_student said:
So, what do you think the reason for refusal(If indeed the application has been refused) could be PMM? And is there anything the applicant can do?
Thanks
Really don't know at this stage until the OP gets the refusal letter. I think that it might be either his spouses degree or the experience in 0711. If he disagrees with the decision he can send a request to the program outlining why the points don't reflect the decision. Other than that, it is leave to appeal to the Federal court, in that there was an error made in law.

PMM

wpc71

Dec 17, 2008
Hi
My understanding is that you have been found eligible for processing because your status was In Process. The only reason for probable rejection can be lower score in work experience than what you expected. You are 26, I wonder when you started and finished your education so that you have 5 years of work experience and still are 26. I assume you might have some work experience overlapping education which has caused your work experience being awarded less that expected.

I might be wrong though but remember that 68 is very close to 67 and a 2 point reduction will cause rejection.

an_one

Feb 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I completed my education in May 2004 and Started job in May 2004 Itself..
My DOB is July 83.
I dont think anything doubtful about 5+ years EXP.

huanhuan19

Feb 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
was in Buffalo, USA, later in NY on Aug11,09
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2008
Doc's Request.
03-12-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
11-08-2009
Med's Request
03-12-2009
Med's Done....
23-12-2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2010
LANDED..........
??-??-2010
Hey sorry to hear that

I suggeste you to order CAIPS and found the officer' detailed notes.

All problems discussed above are possible. But I want to mention one more thing I experieced. Not sure if it is appliable to you though.

I ordered my CAIPS and found a serious problem there.
You can see my timeline from the signature. I did not take and file my IELTS results initially and waited until last minute (my lawyer strongly recommended me to do so) So I took it and submitted in November,2009. But at that time, PAPER SCREEN DECESION (PSDEC) and SELECTION DECISION(SELDEC) had been done on Oct 29,2009. In the summary, the office only grant me 12 points although it should be 14 points based on my IELTS resut. But I guess it is too late and they just did not count it. So you can see, I am in short of 2 points as I expected.

What I want to ask you is when you sent your IELTS report?

And I think once you have your CAIPS note, you will know where is wrong and it may help you to re-apply later.

Good luck

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wpc71 said:
Hi
My understanding is that you have been found eligible for processing because your status was In Process. The only reason for probable rejection can be lower score in work experience than what you expected. You are 26, I wonder when you started and finished your education so that you have 5 years of work experience and still are 26. I assume you might have some work experience overlapping education which has caused your work experience being awarded less that expected.

I might be wrong though but remember that 68 is very close to 67 and a 2 point reduction will cause rejection.
Work experience can over lap with education provided they fulfill the criteria.

wpc71

Dec 17, 2008
Work experience can over lap with education provided they fulfill the criteria.
But you cannot be both a full time student and full time worker. The visa officer will grant you half the mark for such a work experience.

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wpc71 said:
But you cannot be both a full time student and full time worker. The visa officer will grant you half the mark for such a work experience.
You can. Please refer to Operational Manual for Federal Skiller Worker which is kind of a manual for VO. Full time studies only means

Source: OP6 FSW Page 9

“Full-time” is defined in R78(1) as requiring at least 15 hours of instruction per week during the academic year, including any period of training in the workplace that forms part of the course of instruction.

• “Full-time equivalent” means, in respect of part-time or accelerated studies, the period of time that would have been required to complete those studies on a full-time basis.

Which means if we even take 5 days for study in a week then 3 hours of study means full time studies and I think one can work after that as well. In India graduation courses can be done in evening as well after work and its a degree course and regular as well and very much recognized by CIC.

If you have more doubts please refer to OP6 and other senior member LEON and PMM can validate it.

bishu25

Star Member
Feb 18, 2010
huanhuan19 said:
Hey sorry to hear that

I suggeste you to order CAIPS and found the officer' detailed notes.

All problems discussed above are possible. But I want to mention one more thing I experieced. Not sure if it is appliable to you though.

I ordered my CAIPS and found a serious problem there.
You can see my timeline from the signature. I did not take and file my IELTS results initially and waited until last minute (my lawyer strongly recommended me to do so) So I took it and submitted in November,2009. But at that time, PAPER SCREEN DECESION (PSDEC) and SELECTION DECISION(SELDEC) had been done on Oct 29,2009. In the summary, the office only grant me 12 points although it should be 14 points based on my IELTS resut. But I guess it is too late and they just did not count it. So you can see, I am in short of 2 points as I expected.

What I want to ask you is when you sent your IELTS report?

And I think once you have your CAIPS note, you will know where is wrong and it may help you to re-apply later.

Good luck
hi hunhuan
pls tell me abt caips pls.

csic_student

Star Member
Feb 25, 2010
Vancouver BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
Hi

Really don't know at this stage until the OP gets the refusal letter. I think that it might be either his spouses degree or the experience in 0711. If he disagrees with the decision he can send a request to the program outlining why the points don't reflect the decision. Other than that, it is leave to appeal to the Federal court, in that there was an error made in law.

PMM
Thanks PMM. I am still trying to get the hang of terminology and always get mixed up. I always follow your comments and learn so much from you. Free Education! But in this case I wish all the best to OP...