+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Decision made too quickly???

Tara_W

Apr 8, 2009
Hey folks,

Thanks a million for all the great advice and information up here- it's brilliant.

I'm a Canadian currently resident in Ireland, and my Irish partner and I are going through the sponsorship process. We posted our completed application in mid-April, which included medical, background check and full payment and checking online today, there's been an update:

DECISION MADE

"We received your application to sponsor XXXXXXX on April 20, 2009.

We started processing your application on May 11, 2009.

We sent you a letter on May 11, 2009 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us."

Is this a good sign or a bad sign? This is just for the sponsorship part; there's no mention of the application for Permanent Residency, which I'm assuming is now going to be sent to London, UK for further processing. I hope anyway. Provided my sponsorship application was approved.

Any advice please to put my mind at rest? I've posted here before and we're a pretty routine case. I was born in Canada to Canadian parents, my parents and family have since returned there from Ireland and now reside, medical and background checks were all fine and we have plenty of proof with regard to our relationship and intention to re-establish over there.

Thanks!
Tara

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
In my opinion I will say it'a a good sign for approval... I find first stage is easy but the second one is the most critical one.

msgomez

Star Member
Dec 5, 2008
Canada
Tara_W no worries! Seems like your sponsorship was approved. The 1st part (the sponsorship part) usually takes between 2 to 3 weeks... it's done pretty quick. It's the 2nd part, the permanent residence app that's processed abroad that takes a little longer and where all the scrutinizing is done.

Hang in there and best of luck to you!

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
UK is averaging about 3 months in total, I would guess that Ireland is close behind...good luck :)

Tara_W

Apr 8, 2009
Thanks guys, that's really helpful!

They don't process visas at the embassy in Dublin, so our application will be sent to London, UK for completion. 3 months average sounds good to me as it means we can get ourselves organised and hopefully catch the end of a hot Canadian summer!

I'm guessing the online service won't update again until the Permanent Residency application hits London. Would anyone have a rough timeframe for "Decision Made" on sponsorship, transfer from Mississauga to London to update on the web?

Cheers again!
Tara

Emmy

Star Member
Jun 27, 2008
Give it about a month. Our sponsorrship was approved on October 1 and London started processing on November 5.

Try this site to see timelines for other people:

http://www.trackitt.com/canada-immigration-trackers/family-class

Select London in the Visa Office list, and Spouses in the Family Program list to filter by spouse applications being processed in London. It's worth adding your own case too so others can follow your progress. Plus you'll also be able to comment on other people's cases and ask them specific questions.

Tara_W

Apr 8, 2009
Emmy- great link, thanks very much!

Just wanted to add that I received a letter from CPC-M today basically stating that my application to sponsor was approved. Phew! It all goes to London, UK now and so begins the waiting game. Will check in with the forum regularly and keep people appraised.

Best of luck everyone.

Tara

ukmike

Star Member
Jan 25, 2009
UK
Hi Tara,

Congratulations on passing the first stage. It looks like our application is a couple of days behind you with our application being processed on May 13 2009. We are expecting our letter tomorrow or Tuesday and totally know the situation you were in, so nervous!

Good luck,
Mike

exquisite

Star Member
May 15, 2009
msgomez said:
Tara_W no worries! Seems like your sponsorship was approved. The 1st part (the sponsorship part) usually takes between 2 to 3 weeks... it's done pretty quick. It's the 2nd part, the permanent residence app that's processed abroad that takes a little longer and where all the scrutinizing is done.
what exactly happens in the 1st stage n the 2nd stage?

Tara_W

Apr 8, 2009
Hi Mike,

It's dreadful, isn't it? Hopefully you've heard good news! Are you guys in the same part of the world as us, with your application going through Mississauga and then London, UK?

Tara

ukmike

Star Member
Jan 25, 2009
UK
We got our letter this morning, it was good news, thankfully!!! The application is going to London, UK now. Let's hope they both get processed quickly. Please keep me updated on your progress and good luck, Mike

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
exquisite said:
msgomez said:
what exactly happens in the 1st stage n the 2nd stage?
For an outland application, 1st stage is where the sponsor is approved. Happens at CIC Mississauga. Then the file is transferred to the appropriate overseas visa office where 2nd stage begins. That's where they review the application for permanent residence and do whatever is necessary to make a decision on the application. This includes receipt of medical exam, security checks, review of documents submitted, interview (if necessary), etc. Hope that helps.

robertbola

Mar 29, 2009
my application says it was approved the first part, however when do I expect to see the in process for the PR-

I'm still awaiting for the letter-- took 28 day for decision to be made.

outland applciation- going to buffalo

any help please