Decision made since 2 month , oath unknown still , Montreal office anyone same

cedarjet

Star Member
Mar 13, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ari5323 said:
Relax, Its a free country, your right is to call them, and their obligation to help you, and there is a lot of logic in your words,
All I said is, that I personally - after reading here what the call center is- think that this is a big time tax dollar wasting.
tru dat :p

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
cedarjet said:
I actually called them when I crossed 3 months after test. Better to call and ask than wait about it than wait and wait and at the end it becomes ur fault for not calling. A lot of people don't receive letters and don't get the ECAS not updated. I want to make sure I am not one of those people.
Approach your area MP, they normally inquire on behalf of their constituents. CIC is required to respond to MP's in maximum 2 weeks time.

Dont wait even a day long, call your MP's office, they are quite helpful.

Cheers !!!

MWM

Star Member
Jun 1, 2014
cedarjet said:
He was very nice, he congratulated me after interview and told me to expect oath between 1 to 3 months. According to cic call center, it doesn't matter what the officer says, even if he told me 1-3 month, it can take more. I will call them tomorrow.
Don't approach MP unless you passed 6 month .

been told also during my interview wait 3-4 months now already 3 months passed , and don't forget that the letter will be dated for oath minimum 20 days later so almost 4 months and no news .

when I called CIC the lady refused to check the file unless 6 months passed is this normal ?!!! if so Why ???

any update from anyone for Montréal office.

Thanks

MWM

Star Member
Jun 1, 2014
cedarjet said:
I actually called them when I crossed 3 months after test. Better to call and ask than wait about it than wait and wait and at the end it becomes ur fault for not calling. A lot of people don't receive letters and don't get the ECAS not updated. I want to make sure I am not one of those people.
Guys where are you ? hope no replies means you got it finally pls update .

pls share timeline's anyone in Montreal in the same boat ???

cedarjet

Star Member
Mar 13, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MWM said:
Guys where are you ? hope no replies means you got it finally pls update .

pls share timeline's anyone in Montreal in the same boat ???
nothing from my end.

MWM

Star Member
Jun 1, 2014
what will happen if you missed the oath ? cic will contact you to inform you or no?

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MWM said:
what will happen if you missed the oath ? cic will contact you to inform you or no?
CIC will not contact. You will have to send them a letter stating a good reason for missing the ceremony. They will then reschedule at their convenience (Could be immediate or 3 to 4 months of wait). Call call center and inform them. Send a letter to your local office.

SAHSAN

Jun 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got it!! Yippieeeeeeeeeeee :)

I called CIC on Wednesday and asked for an update but as usual they told me they can't give an update till the processing time limit has been passed.

But on Thursday I got the letter and my oath is on 24 November :)

Can't believe I am at the other end now. Best of luck to those still in it!

MWM

Star Member
Jun 1, 2014
chikloo said:
CIC will not contact. You will have to send them a letter stating a good reason for missing the ceremony. They will then reschedule at their convenience (Could be immediate or 3 to 4 months of wait). Call call center and inform them. Send a letter to your local office.
First thank you Shashan for updating us and congratulation , hope we all also follow you as our test date's nearly same .

Regarding your reply brother , so what to do if the oath letter for some reason lost in mail as sometimes it happen , and there is no update on ecase like so many other people and CIC call center refusing to check files unless 6 month passed , how should I know if I missed my oath or no plus you have only 60 days to reply and clear reasons for something you don't know if it happened or no , you just keep guessing .

MWM

Star Member
Jun 1, 2014
SAHSAN said:

I called CIC on Wednesday and asked for an update but as usual they told me they can't give an update till the processing time limit has been passed.

Congratulation , is your ecase updated with Oath date or still , if you didn't check it yet pls check and reply so we can all be relaxed. Thanks

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
MWM said:
Congratulation , is your ecase updated with Oath date or still , if you didn't check it yet pls check and reply so we can all be relaxed. Thanks
Hello. I know the question wasn't for me, but maybe I can offer some input.

Yesterday I got my Oath invitation (Montreal Office) by regular mail. My e-CAS was updated accordingly with a fifth line about the Oath invitation.

MTLR

Apr 5, 2015
SAHSAN said:

Great news!!! Congrats!!!

Still waiting from my end...

MWM

Star Member
Jun 1, 2014
Bigudi said:
Hello. I know the question wasn't for me, but maybe I can offer some input.

Yesterday I got my Oath invitation (Montreal Office) by regular mail. My e-CAS was updated accordingly with a fifth line about the Oath invitation.
Congratulation , when was your test date ? and decision made date ? pls share timeline .