+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Decision Made" meaning from Seoul,Korea embassy?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
I am Canadian, and sponsoring my common-law spouse who is Korean. We are both living in Canada now (she is here under student visa), but applied through the Seoul, Korea embassy location to save time. Our process to date is:

Sponsorship
We received your application to sponsor XXXX on July 16, 2012.

We sent you a letter on August 21, 2012 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. (This was an approval of me for Sponsor, and telling us PR form was now sent to Korea office for processing)

Permanent Residence
We received your application for permanent residence on July 16, 2012.

We started processing your application on October 16, 2012.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision. (this status was changed Nov 6)

Also on Oct 16 the embassy in Korea requested 1 additional document (an exit/entry certificate), which we promptly expedited to them.

So i'm wondering if people have experience with PR apps through the Korean embassy, and what happened after "decision made"?

My spouse has NOT sent her passport to Korean embassy. However her friend went through same situation this year, and ended up getting her PR card without ever having to send a passport. She just needed to visit any Canadian border crossing and everything was finalized there.

Hopefully this is all good news... but cant stand waiting weeks for the mail to find out! Thanks to anyone that can provide feedback.

sakamath

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011
AOR Received.
17-May-2012
File Transfer...
8 Mar 2012
Med's Request
26-Nov-2012
Med's Done....
24-Dec-2012
Passport Req..
26-Nov-2012
VISA ISSUED...
App abandoned in July '14
Re: "Decision Made" meaning from S.Korea embassy?

Don't have experience from Korean embassy, but if there was no interview and the status says Decision Made, then 99.99% the visa would be issued. The letter you receive would contain details of how and where to send the passport (if required). Congratulations!

The reason being, if there was anything wrong in the application process, the visa officers give you a chance to clarify it during the interview. They normally do not reject any applications without giving a chance to the applicant.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12

Rob_TO said:
I am Canadian, and sponsoring my common-law spouse who is Korean. We are both living in Canada now (she is here under student visa), but applied through the Seoul, Korea embassy location to save time. Our process to date is:

Sponsorship
We received your application to sponsor XXXX on July 16, 2012.

We sent you a letter on August 21, 2012 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. (This was an approval of me for Sponsor, and telling us PR form was now sent to Korea office for processing)

Permanent Residence
We received your application for permanent residence on July 16, 2012.

We started processing your application on October 16, 2012.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision. (this status was changed Nov 6)

Also on Oct 16 the embassy in Korea requested 1 additional document (an exit/entry certificate), which we promptly expedited to them.

So i'm wondering if people have experience with PR apps through the Korean embassy, and what happened after "decision made"?

My spouse has NOT sent her passport to Korean embassy. However her friend went through same situation this year, and ended up getting her PR card without ever having to send a passport. She just needed to visit any Canadian border crossing and everything was finalized there.

Hopefully this is all good news... but cant stand waiting weeks for the mail to find out! Thanks to anyone that can provide feedback.
It is most likely good news indeed! :) congrats on the quick processing... since Korea is visa-exempt, your wife's passport is probably not needed. In the coming days ( might take a while from Korea to Canada) you will receive the COPR ( confirmation of Permanent Residence) for your wife, and to "activate it" she has to officially "land as a PR". TO do that, you can either call the nearest CIC office and try and book a "landing appointment" ( but sometimes the waiting time can be quite long), or, if you live not far from a US border, you can go and "flagpole" - you don't even need to enter the US. She can go to the border, tell them that she needs to land as a PR, and she will go to the immigration office - she will answer a few basic questions (confirming her identity, her current address to send the PR card etc), and that will be it- usually around 20min at maximum. Quite easy. the PR card will arrive in the mail within 8 weeks more or less.

Cheers,
Sweden

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012

Awesome, thanks for the quick responses! All makes sense to me, and we thought the same thing that if there were any problems or doubts on our app, they would request an interview at least (which is i guess the risk you take applying out-of-country when you are in fact already in Canada).

I had read a lot of conflicting info on getting the "decision made" result without having to send a passport, but makes sense if Korea is an exempt country. Hopefully then will get some good news soon. When i was approved as a sponsor they actually emailed the letter to me immediately, but perhaps this one needs to be done by snail mail.

Around 5-6 months total from mailing off the application to getting approved is definitely better than i expected.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12

Rob_TO said:
Awesome, thanks for the quick responses! All makes sense to me, and we thought the same thing that if there were any problems or doubts on our app, they would request an interview at least (which is i guess the risk you take applying out-of-country when you are in fact already in Canada).

I had read a lot of conflicting info on getting the "decision made" result without having to send a passport, but makes sense if Korea is an exempt country. Hopefully then will get some good news soon. When i was approved as a sponsor they actually emailed the letter to me immediately, but perhaps this one needs to be done by snail mail.

Around 5-6 months total from mailing off the application to getting approved is definitely better than i expected.
the rule for visa-exempt is in place since december 2011 and it makes it much easier to travel, but the embassy (for some) can still request the passport... but in your case it seems that they didn't. The only requested one document (on the 16th of October) you said, so they are probably satisfied with what you submitted with your application and have just decided to issue the visa...
Congrats!
Sweden