VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued on 12th Sep-13; Decision made on 15th Sept
LANDED..........
26-Apr-14
Quote from: terki on July 26, 2013, 11:03:15 am
STRIKE UPATE [/b

http://www.tbs-sct.gc.ca/media/nr-cp/2013/0726-eng.asp]

At this point, reading treasury board's update, I can only say:

MI1 ke to "L" lag gaye as they are only concerned about business visitors and Students.

PR applicants, they don't care

goldy.sharma45

Star Member
Aug 9, 2010
you are absolutely right dear

toronto_dream said:
STRIKE UPATE [/b

MI1 ke to "L" lag gaye as they are only concerned about business visitors and Students.

toronto_dream

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Apr-2010
Doc's Request.
27-Jun-2010
AOR Received.
2nd AOR from CHC, Delhi: 26-Nov-10
IELTS Request
7.5 Band
File Transfer...
July 2010
Med's Request
28-May-13
Med's Done....
1-Jun-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-May-13
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued on 12th Sep-13; Decision made on 15th Sept
LANDED..........
26-Apr-14
I donno what to write. feeling bad about how these professionals behave.

L lag gaye,
sab ke L lag gaye,
badi zaalim hai ye PAFSO,
is ki aisi taisi, aisi taisi

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
just fyi - BINDING ARBITRATION MEANS THE DECISION OF THE ARBITRATOR IS BINDING ON THE PARTIES
THE PARTIES AGREE ON CONDITIONS BEFOREHAND

NOW ITS CONFUSING TO SEE WHY WE HAVE SO MUCH OF BACK AND FORTH AND REJECTIONS ON AGREEMENT

THIS SIMPLY DEFEATS THE PURPOSE OF ARBITRATION

nvln

Mar 14, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Hopefully will be waived....!!
toronto_dream said:
STRIKE UPATE [/b

Another long tunnel ahead........?????? :( :(

NVLN

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
right - well beyond contradicting the whole arbitration looks to me - I must forget the meaning in it coz its going haywire

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
PAFSO will issue a statement today at 2 p.m. in response to Clement's statement. Union recognizes need for clarification

Canadishianer

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-07-2013
Hi Team,

Like all m also an aspirant to migrate Canada for good...
I also did the filing in the month of may, already got PER couple of days ago !

Does anyone have an idea about Canadian Immigrant Integration Program (CIIP) ?

When exactly one can apply there to join the newcomers orientation program in India ?

I heard it helps a lot settling down as a new immigrant in Canada..!!!

Would highly appreciate if someone has some related re-search done on it and would not mind sharing it...

Cheers,

:) :) :)

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
did see ur post on other thread, this is wrong thread for ur query

anyways - pl note : and pl refrain from diverting topics

answer to ur query - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/partner/bpss/ciip.asp

when ur case reaches final stage - cic will invite or give an option on the above

thanks, and pl dont divert the topic on thread.

we are all tensed for a reason

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
Effective Monday, in order to persuade the Government that binding arbitration remains the responsible way forward to resolve our dispute, PAFSO members will withdraw all services until further notice at Canada’s fifteen largest visa processing centres abroad: Abu Dhabi, Ankara, Beijing, Cairo, Delhi/Chandigarh, Hong Kong, London, Manila, Mexico City, Moscow, Paris, Riyadh, Sao Paulo, and Shanghai.

http://www.pafso.com/news_releases.php?newsID=159

Django Unchained

Star Member
May 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-2010
Med's Request
03-2013
Med's Done....
03-2013
Passport Req..
03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Jan-2014
i wish we could do something. And i know like me many families are affected due to this strike action. I myself waiting for more than 6 long years, sacrificed so many things in personal and professional life beacuse of my dream to move to live in canada. But now at mercy of pafso.
Cannt we get together as 1 mass and do something, as alone I am nothing but together we can b strength.
Dont know how it may work but may b they take quick decision.

Suryakari

Jul 26, 2013
Django Unchained said:
i wish we could do something. And i know like me many families are affected due to this strike action. I myself waiting for more than 6 long years, sacrificed so many things in personal and professional life beacuse of my dream to move to live in canada. But now at mercy of pafso.
Cannt we get together as 1 mass and do something, as alone I am nothing but together we can b strength.
Dont know how it may work but may b they take quick decision.

Me too like your case bro and when you sent u r passports for stamping??????I sent our PP`s on 6/4/13

SandySurrey

Jan 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-May-2010
AOR Received.
22 Nov 2010
File Transfer...
Inprocess from 14May 2012
Med's Request
13-june-2013,
Med's Done....
21-June-2013, e cas line added on 04 July 2013
Passport Req..
Documents deposited 15 July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
17/09/2013, DM on 15/09/2013
Foreign service officers at 15 of Canada's busiest visa application centres abroad walked off the job Monday as part of their ongoing strike action that the union says is causing a "severe" and growing economic impact.

The Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers started rotating job action at the international visa offices in the spring, but with no resolution in sight to the contract dispute, it has decided to do a co-ordinated walkout at the 15 offices at the same time. They will be off the job until further notice.

Tim Edwards, president of PAFSO, said the withdrawal of visa services involves about 150 employees. They process 10,000 to 20,000 visas per week between the 15 offices, which include major cities such as Mexico City, London, Beijing, Cairo, Paris and Delhi.

"It's a massive flow," he told CBC News. Tourists, international students, businesspeople and temporary foreign workers are all affected by the withdrawal of services.

"A lot of them will not be able to get their visa. If they do it will be severely delayed," said Edwards.

Tourism associations have estimated the strike could cost the industry at least $280 million this summer and they have urged the two sides to quickly settle their dispute.

The education sector is also concerned about students not getting their visas in time to start their school year in Canada and about them applying elsewhere to study because of the hassle. Some associations have said the strike could damage Canada's reputation and that even after the strike is over students may be turned off of coming here because of the visa trouble. International students are estimated to pump $8 billion into Canada's economy every year.

Monday's escalated job action comes after PAFSO and Treasury Board Tony Clement failed to agree on the union's offer to go to arbitration. The government said it would only go to arbitration if the union accepted six conditions attached to it. One of them was that the union not make wage comparisons with other public service employees at the table. The government wanted the conditions kept confidential but the union disclosed some of them on Friday.

Visa offices remain open
PAFSO responded that they couldn't accept that condition since fighting for "equal pay for equal work" is the precise reason they are on strike. Edwards said foreign service officers are trying to close the wage gap with other government workers who do the same jobs working as policy analysts, economists, lawyers or other positions but get paid more.

PAFSO said it would accept three of the conditions, but Treasury Board said it had to accept them all.

"We are disappointed that the union has refused our reasonable offer," a spokesman for Clement said Monday. "Our government is committed to bargaining in good faith, unlike the union, which has breached good faith bargaining principles by releasing confidential negotiating documents."

Citizenship and Immigration Canada said all visa offices remain open and are providing service. The department has hired temporary staff to process applications. It is training existing staff from the department on an urgent basis so they can work on visas and some staff are working overtime.

"CIC is also shifting more work to Canada and to overseas offices that have additional capacity," a spokeswoman for immigration minister Chris Alexander said.