+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Decision Made in August 2014 and waiting for passport request (within Canada)

toptop

Star Member
Jun 27, 2012
Guys I need help regarding submitting passport I have dependents but I don't have their passport with me... I'm thinking to send them to me here in Canada through courier but I don't know if that is safe... I phone in cic agent but they told me they cannot give me answer with that because they don't have access in the visa section so they cannot comment on that... the agent said I need to contact Ottawa through email, I emailed them this morning but Still waiting for their reply... Anyone guys had an experience like these that has dependents too... I will appreciate it much... Thanks!:)

kirthan

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
toptop said:
Guys I need help regarding submitting passport I have dependents but I don't have their passport with me... I'm thinking to send them to me here in Canada through courier but I don't know if that is safe... I phone in cic agent but they told me they cannot give me answer with that because they don't have access in the visa section so they cannot comment on that... the agent said I need to contact Ottawa through email, I emailed them this morning but Still waiting for their reply... Anyone guys had an experience like these that has dependents too... I will appreciate it much... Thanks!:)
Toptop , If you are from India , You can't courier Passports from India . You have to Inform CIC Ottawa that your dependents are outside Canada. They will send your dependent docs to New Delhi for Stamping.

toptop

Star Member
Jun 27, 2012
kirthan said:
Toptop , If you are from India , You can't courier Passports from India . You have to Inform CIC Ottawa that your dependents are outside Canada. They will send your dependent docs to New Delhi for Stamping.
Thanks for the reply kirthan..:) I'm not from
India I'm from Philippines... do you think its ok to send their passport from Philippines to my address here in Canada?

toptop

Star Member
Jun 27, 2012
kirthan said:
Actually I already send an email letter saying that my dependents are outside Canada but I'm still waiting for their reply... Do you know how long will be before they reply? Thanks..:)

MechEng.

Star Member
Apr 1, 2014
toptop said:
Thanks for the reply kirthan..:) I'm not from
India I'm from Philippines... do you think its ok to send their passport from Philippines to my address here in Canada?
Doesn't matter what country we are from. No one can Courier/post passports. BIG NO NO.... Some one I know was just travelling with his family member's passport and got in trouble big time at the air port but he had planned for it ahead and had a affidavit of passport holder and had it notarized.

toptop

Star Member
Jun 27, 2012
MechEng. said:
Doesn't matter what country we are from. No one can Courier/post passports. BIG NO NO.... Some one I know was just travelling with his family member's passport and got in trouble big time at the air port but he had planned for it ahead and had a affidavit of passport holder and had it notarized.
Oh ok...so what is the best thing to do?

MechEng.

Star Member
Apr 1, 2014
toptop said:
I would contact CIC regarding this and they should be able to guide you for the further process. You can get your family member's passport stamped at your local visa office

arcaneangel

Mar 26, 2014
toptop
We're from the Philippines too. My brother just got his PPR and his dependents are outside Canada he called CIC and he was told that his dependents can courier their passport to him and once received he can submit it together with his passport to CIC for visa stamping.

Snoopy09

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
toptop said:
Hi toptop,

Im from Phils too my friend got PPR while they were on vacation in the Phils so what they did is they sent their passports to me and i sent their passport to ottawa so when i got their passport i send it back to the Phils.

ecokwok

Aug 23, 2014
here is my timeline:

File receive 20 JAN 2014

Medical request 18 FEB 2014

Medical done 18 Feb 2014 (wife's medical done again on 25 Mar 2014)

Medical Received 8 Mar 2014

In process 23 July 2014.

Decision made 4 Oct 2014

toptop

Star Member
Jun 27, 2012
arcaneangel said:
toptop
We're from the Philippines too. My brother just got his PPR and his dependents are outside Canada he called CIC and he was told that his dependents can courier their passport to him and once received he can submit it together with his passport to CIC for visa stamping.
[/quote

Hi arcaneagel,

Thanks for your reply I really appreciate it...:) I will just do that... I will tell my husband to send it through courier...how many days before your brother recieve his dependents passports?

jacobbela

Jun 4, 2014
Still no PPR to me or decision made.my application
Still says In Process july 11,2014.and those people got
Their PPr who's sharing there timeline here before
Made another forum on their own.so I guess those people
Waiting their PPR in this forum just update your timeline
Me if god's will send me the PPR already still I will
Not leave this forum.just sayin!

arcaneangel

Mar 26, 2014
toptop said:
arcaneangel said:
toptop
[/quote

Hi arcaneagel,

Thanks for your reply I really appreciate it...:) I will just do that... I will tell my husband to send it through courier...how many days before your brother recieve his dependents passports?

My brother received his dependents passport in just 3 business days. He just got their passport back today with visa and copr. God bless and good luck to you.