+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

'Decision made' for sponsor, but we're not sure what it is

DeanN

Jun 27, 2016
Hello all,

I'm a British citizen and am applying for PR with my common-law partner (she is a native born Canadian citizen).

We submitted our application in August and, in early September, we got confirmation that the application had been received. Shortly after that I logged in to find that the Sponsor section had been updated to 'Decision Made'.

A couple of weeks later I also noticed that the section detailing my PR application had also been updated, to state that they had started processing the application on the 15th September. There was also confirmation that medical results had been received.

However I'm slightly concerned that, nearly two months after submitting the application, we haven't heard what the decision regarding the sponsorship is (the processing time on CIC website mentions 32 days for sponsor evaluation).

Others on this forum have mentioned that a letter is sent to the sponsor confirming the decision and stating which office the PR application is being sent to, but we've received nothing. Is this a physical letter or an email?

Finally, given that the PR application is now in process as of 15th September, would it be safe to say that the sponsorship decision was positive? We don't anticipate any issues (living together 3+ years, no previous marriages / sponsorship applications, etc.) but it'd be nice to get full clarification.

Many thanks in advance for any advice or expertise on this matter.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
DeanN said:
Hello all,

I'm a British citizen and am applying for PR with my common-law partner (she is a native born Canadian citizen).

We submitted our application in August and, in early September, we got confirmation that the application had been received. Shortly after that I logged in to find that the Sponsor section had been updated to 'Decision Made'.

A couple of weeks later I also noticed that the section detailing my PR application had also been updated, to state that they had started processing the application on the 15th September. There was also confirmation that medical results had been received.

However I'm slightly concerned that, nearly two months after submitting the application, we haven't heard what the decision regarding the sponsorship is (the processing time on CIC website mentions 32 days for sponsor evaluation).

Others on this forum have mentioned that a letter is sent to the sponsor confirming the decision and stating which office the PR application is being sent to, but we've received nothing. Is this a physical letter or an email?

Finally, given that the PR application is now in process as of 15th September, would it be safe to say that the sponsorship decision was positive? We don't anticipate any issues (living together 3+ years, no previous marriages / sponsorship applications, etc.) but it'd be nice to get full clarification.

The DM on the Sponsorship side was likely an approval. Sometimes you may not hear from CIC. It happens.

What you might want to do, is head on over to myCIC (google it). Create a GCKey login, then link your PR application to it. Then you can for sure get all messages from CIC, and you will also be able to see more details about your application then with ECAS (CIC Check Status tool).

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
DeanN said:
Hello all,

Hi,

When they say PR application is in process, it is implied that the sponsorship part has been approved,

Normally they send approval by email to both the sponsor and the applicant.

Hasan