+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Decision made but PPR not yet

einstein_pr

Star Member
Aug 29, 2014
thankyou said:
Do you guys have any update ? I didn't get my PPR email yet. Share with us please. Thanks !
No update yet. My status changed to decision made 2 weeks ago.

Btw, I have some important travel coming up in July. Does anyone know how much time does CIC provide to submit passports (is it 30 days or 60 days)? Can we request an extension based on confirmed tickets?

Any thoughts? Anyone? Thanks!

thankyou

Star Member
May 26, 2014
einstein_pr said:

Btw, I have some important travel coming up in July. Does anyone know how much time does CIC provide to submit passports (is it 30 days or 60 days)? Can we request an extension based on confirmed tickets?

When I called CIC, agent told me it varies. Sometimes 30 days sometimes 60 days. No one knows exactly.

sooperdice

Star Member
Jul 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2014
AOR Received.
03-06-2014
Med's Request
04-06-2015
Med's Done....
09-06-2015
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2015
LANDED..........
28-07-2015
My status changed to "Decision Made" today. Called Cic, and the guy told me that it can take anywhere from weeks to month to give me an answer.

I guess i'll follow other users in this thread and try another agent tomorrow.

vkshah

Star Member
Mar 17, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2014
AOR Received.
24-09-2014
IELTS Request
CELPIP sent with application
Med's Request
26-03-2015
Med's Done....
28-03-2015
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2015
LANDED..........
22-06-2015
einstein_pr said:

Passport request email says -
"The requested information/documents must be received in our office within 30 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application."

c2h5oh

Apr 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2014
Doc's Request.
21-02-2015
AOR Received.
11-08-2014
Med's Request
11-02-2015
Med's Done....
24-02-2015
Passport Req..
visa-exempt
VISA ISSUED...
25-01-2016
LANDED..........
15-02-2016
soumyasam said:
Hi... does the passport request email guarantee the visa issuance?
They are only asking for the passport to stamp the visa in - I haven't heard about a case where it was denied at this stage.

CEC_SK

Oct 7, 2012
thankyou said:
When I called CIC, agent told me it varies. Sometimes 30 days sometimes 60 days. No one knows exactly.
Any update for you "thank you"?
For me no luck. Also tried to call CIC but still no luck
Every time conversation start with when did I applied and that's where I get standard response that 13 month is it over yet :(. :(

thankyou

Star Member
May 26, 2014
CEC_SK said:
Any update for you "thank you"?
For me no luck. Also tried to call CIC but still no luck
Every time conversation start with when did I applied and that's where I get standard response that 13 month is it over yet :(. :(
Hi CEC_SK,
No update for me yet. Let me tell you the way got my answer, I called them and told only that my application status changed to decision made and I want to know it is positive /negative . Don't tell them many things and if the agent is nice enough he/she will look your application. All Depends on agent but we will keep try. Good luck! !

einstein_pr

Star Member
Aug 29, 2014
thankyou said:
Hi CEC_SK,
No update for me yet. Let me tell you the way got my answer, I called them and told only that my application status changed to decision made and I want to know it is positive /negative . Don't tell them many things and if the agent is nice enough he/she will look your application. All Depends on agent but we will keep try. Good luck! !
Here is my experience. My status changed to decision made about 3 weeks ago. My first call to CIC was futile. The agent sounded monotonous..13 months ain't done, can't do anything..call back in August ..bla bla bla.... (I must admit, it pisses you a bit ..especially when you wait in the queue for more than 10 mins).

I decided to try my luck one last time. I just called couple of mins ago and the agent was nice this time around. He indicated that a letter has not been generated yet, however my file has been passed on to the department that generates COPR. So added that by the looks of it..its all good..ofcoz he couldn't confirm anything officially.

Now, I can peacefully wait until for passport request whenever it comes. I have an important travel to US in july.

Does anyone one know how to request extension if the passport request comes closer to the travel date? Have a great weekend everyone.

thankyou

Star Member
May 26, 2014
einstein_pr said:
Here is my experience. My status changed to decision made about 3 weeks ago. My first call to CIC was futile. The agent sounded monotonous..13 months ain't done, can't do anything..call back in August ..bla bla bla.... (I must admit, it pisses you a bit ..especially when you wait in the queue for more than 10 mins).

I decided to try my luck one last time. I just called couple of mins ago and the agent was nice this time around. He indicated that a letter has not been generated yet, however my file has been passed on to the department that generates COPR. So added that by the looks of it..its all good..ofcoz he couldn't confirm anything officially.

Now, I can peacefully wait until for passport request whenever it comes. I have an important travel to US in july.

Does anyone one know how to request extension if the passport request comes closer to the travel date? Have a great weekend everyone.
Nice way to handle CIC agent. When your status changed to decision made on ECAS ? Mine changed on May 30 and still no PPR. CIC agent said my application is approved and that's giving me little peace. Don't know how long we have to wait for PPR? What is your opinion ?

vermanaman

Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Folks...i got my PPR last night...

Time line
App - 7 Feb 2014
In process - 21 Aug 2014
DM - around 3 june 2015
PPR - 19 June 2015

thankyou

Star Member
May 26, 2014
vermanaman said:
Folks...i got my PPR last night...

Time line
App - 7 Feb 2014
In process - 21 Aug 2014
DM - around 3 june 2015
PPR - 19 June 2015
Congratulations brother! ! Still waiting for mine. My Ecas changed to DM on May 30 then I was told by CIC call center my application is approved and wait for PPR. Don't know when that dream email will be arrived. Waiting time is little frustrating but hopefully some updates are coming soon for us !! Good luck everyone! !

thankyou

Star Member
May 26, 2014
Where is my all mates who has "Decision Made" status on their ECAS ? Any updates for you guys ? Please share with each other and at least we can track that what's going on with CIC... I don't have any update yet !! Thank you and good luck everyone! !

pocketchoi

Star Member
Feb 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-14
AOR Received.
06-05-14
IELTS Request
With my application
Med's Request
26-05-15
Hello, all

Here's my time line.

Apr 11th, 2014: application received
MAy 26th, 2015: process started
May 26, 2015: medical requested, RPRF requested and paid off.
Jun11, 2015: Medical done
Jun 19(or20), 2015: Medical received
Jun 23rd, 2015: decision made

I am not sure how long it will take, hope soon.

Thanks.