+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Decision made but no PPR

Mona66

May 15, 2020
The main reasons for not issuing PPR/COPR to outland applicants could be:

1. Air travel into Canada is banned until at least 30 June (except for certain categories)
2. Canada may be making a policy of re-medical etc. to ensure that only corona-negative applicants enter into Canada
3. Unemployment levels lately spiked in Canada. Outland applicants on entering into Canada would either compete for already few jobs or seek aid from the government.

But why IRCC is not at least informing the outland applicants that their files are approved?

It may not be possible for IRCC to inform applicants that their files are approved until IRCC decides whether it needs a re-medical. Maybe the file is not technically approved until the re-medical is done. Anyway, IRCC is already working at limited capacity and wisely using its resources. IRCC will likely send only essential communication like PPR/COPR. They won't send any inessential communication like " Congrats ur PR is approved. Wait for PPR/COPR. We will send u PPR/COPR when the right time comes"

rifo94

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
Hi Guys,

I have called IRCC yesterday for the second time and this is what I've heard. The decision has been made, your PR approved, but it's not finalized yet. What does that exactly means?

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
Hi Guys,

I have called IRCC yesterday for the second time and this is what I've heard. The decision has been made, your PR approved, but it's not finalized yet. What does that exactly means?
They will re-check the validity of your medicals before the issue the PPR. They may extend the medicals or ask you to re-take it. They will not issue a PPR if the medicals are about to expire.

josh_1982

Jan 7, 2019
Hi Guys,

Until you don't get the COPR stating that you are now permanent resident the application is not finalized.

rifo94

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
They will re-check the validity of your medicals before the issue the PPR. They may extend the medicals or ask you to re-take it. They will not issue a PPR if the medicals are about to expire.
I am inland and my medical expires 2021 May. I don't need PPR at the moment.

Anmolr236

Star Member
Jun 30, 2021
I raised a webform and got following response:

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that a decision has been made on the application. Rest assured that the responsible office will contact you by mail or email to provide you with that decision.

Does that mean my application has been approved?
How much time u had wait for ppr ?