NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2014
AOR Received.
15-01-2015
Hi Friends,

My PR application got approved and CIC has asked me to travel before 27-FEB-2017 to Canada. I have a 3 months old baby and would like to travel after Winter somewhere in Jun-Jul. I requested CIC some more time but they specified that I should land in Canada within one year from date of medical exam. If I need more time then they will have to re-open my application and request medical re-assessments for myself.

I want to know will it be only medical re-assessment or everything will be re-assessed like BG check,Criminality etc. It will be easy for me to take a decision if someone can share their similar experiences.

Regards,
Amit.

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
Hey there,

I hope you understand that this is a very rare situation, %99.99 when applications are approved and people get to land in Canada they do it before the deadline, regardless. Nonetheless, your medicals and security check both will expire in a year span. That means if they have to reopen your application they will need to ask for these documents again, and this time they don't give you a lot of time, they for sure will keep you on your toes for it.

On the other note, what do you mean when you say CIC has asked you to land before 27th Feb? Do you have your COPR or Visa stamped in your passport already? Meaning your application is closed and the landing part is remaining, or did you ask for an extension and they replied to you? If your application process is done, you have your COPR and/or Visa, once you don't make it before 27th, it's gone and you have to do the whole process from A to Z again.

This is as far as my knowledge expands, please don't take my word for it and wait for other people to shed some light on this.

All the best,

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
amitchi said:
Hi Friends,

My PR application got approved and CIC has asked me to travel before 27-FEB-2017 to Canada. I have a 3 months old baby and would like to travel after Winter somewhere in Jun-Jul. I requested CIC some more time but they specified that I should land in Canada within one year from date of medical exam. If I need more time then they will have to re-open my application and request medical re-assessments for myself.

I want to know will it be only medical re-assessment or everything will be re-assessed like BG check,Criminality etc. It will be easy for me to take a decision if someone can share their similar experiences.

Regards,
Amit.
You can do like some people do, a "short landing"

Land before COPR expires, stay a few days obtaining SIN and perhaps Health card and come back to your country.

If you have friend of family you can use the address to receive PR card (need some time)

It's better to leave after get PR card but it's not compulsory.

You can come back applying for PRTD (PR travel documents) in advance

You can ask CIC about extending the expiry date hosing a new medical exam, if it's not possible better come here before COPR expires.