Jul 23, 2014
Applied in Feb: 2012
Rq'd:March 2013
Test taken: March 2014 20/20
2nd Rq'd: Aug 2014
3rd Rq: June 2015
Interview with CJ: Jan 2016
Today: Decision Made

Today Ecas has been updated. It says "decision has been made and they will let me know within 3 months". Now my questions are

1) if they reject a case, in that case would an applicant get to know immediately
2)if case approves, do they mention on the Ecas or do they mention the same "decision made"
3)Does it take 3 months or do we get to know before that

Kindly let me know soon Thanks

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
kaylink74 said:
Applied in Feb: 2012
Rq'd:March 2013
Test taken: March 2014 20/20
2nd Rq'd: Aug 2014
3rd Rq: June 2015
Interview with CJ: Jan 2016
Today: Decision Made

Today Ecas has been updated. It says "decision has been made and they will let me know within 3 months". Now my questions are

1) if they reject a case, in that case would an applicant get to know immediately
2)if case approves, do they mention on the Ecas or do they mention the same "decision made"
3)Does it take 3 months or do we get to know before that

Kindly let me know soon Thanks
I guess you might have been approved. As historically, so far all DM status means its positive and for approved cases.

Was it due to shortfall in number of days, excessive overseas trip or just misunderstanding by CIC are the reasons why cases are assigned to CJ.

However, if you share under what circumstances your case was referred to CJ, would help to analyze and be more certain to reach right conclusion.

Wish you all the best.

egyo

Apr 24, 2012
I believe this would be good news and that you have been approved. I did Judge Hearing early January but still my E-CAS shows "In Process." I wonder which office are you in?
Congratulations in advance :0

kaylink74

Jul 23, 2014
Thanks for your response. My 2 stamps were missing from the passport. I provided all the previous and current passports to CJ. She said that those 2 missing stamps could make the difference. She was 50-50 on granting me the C'ship. I anyway responded to her that just because of 2 missed stamps my entire c'ship application should not be rejected. It is not my fault that those 2 stamps were missing. I tried to provide them all the possible documents. I could. Now, it is entirely up to them. BTW, my interview went for 2 hours. It was held in Mississauga

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
kaylink74 said:
Thanks for your response. My 2 stamps were missing from the passport. I provided all the previous and current passports to CJ. She said that those 2 missing stamps could make the difference. She was 50-50 on granting me the C'ship. I anyway responded to her that just because of 2 missed stamps my entire c'ship application should not be rejected. It is not my fault that those 2 stamps were missing. I tried to provide them all the possible documents. I could. Now, it is entirely up to them. BTW, my interview went for 2 hours. It was held in Mississauga
Hi
can you please specify about these 2 missing stamps? They didn't stamp your passport from the countries you visited or they are missing entry Canadian stamps?

kaylink74

Jul 23, 2014
I travel to US via car a lot. 2 US entry stamps were missing. she asked me the reason and I said I am not sure why. We provide Immigration officials our passport and what they do with it, we are not sure. They might have forgotten to stamp. Btw, I have noticed that US Immigration do not sometimes stamp the passport when entering the country. Even in exiting, they do not stamp usually, now a days.

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
kaylink74 said:
I travel to US via car a lot. 2 US entry stamps were missing. she asked me the reason and I said I am not sure why. We provide Immigration officials our passport and what they do with it, we are not sure. They might have forgotten to stamp. Btw, I have noticed that US Immigration do not sometimes stamp the passport when entering the country. Even in exiting, they do not stamp usually, now a days.
I see now. The Notorious problem with the land border with US.
In the recent years they usually scan the PR card which leaves electronic entry in the CBSA travel history but often they just don't scan the PR card hence no record anywhere.
Often where are discrepancies between the dates because it seems that there is a glitch at the scanning border terminals.
The missing stamp is pretty common recently, but the problem with the land crossing with US holds pretty high potential for omicions and discrepancies.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Politren said:
I see now. The Notorious problem with the land border with US.
In the recent years they usually scan the PR card which leaves electronic entry in the CBSA travel history but often they just don't scan the PR card hence no record anywhere.
Often where are discrepancies between the dates because it seems that there is a glitch at the scanning border terminals.
The missing stamp is pretty common recently, but the problem with the land crossing with US holds pretty high potential for omicions and discrepancies.
I actually requested an ICES-ATIP travel passage history from CBSA and the info released was 100% accurate for all travel documents that I used to enter Canada (COPR, Passport with visa, PRC).

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
Diplomatru said:
I actually requested an ICES-ATIP travel passage history from CBSA and the info released was 100% accurate for all travel documents that I used to enter Canada (COPR, Passport with visa, PRC).
Lucky you but unfortunately this kind of problems with the land borders are pretty common.

kaylink74

Jul 23, 2014
was not in mood to come n inform but it may help others. I have a negative feedback.They have denied my application and the reason was the same. Those 2 missing stamps. I can appeal this decision. But judge told me that if she rejects my application, I would be foolish to appeal as it would take many years and will cost lot of money. In addition, I think, I would not be able to prove that I did travel during that time and that those 2 stamps are missing. Historically, they CIC would win the case and they would consider judge's judgment correct. Anyway, devastated but still determined. Not sure, what will be my next steps. Just wanted to let you guys know. Good Luck to you all.

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kaylink74 said:
was not in mood to come n inform but it may help others. I have a negative feedback.They have denied my application and the reason was the same. Those 2 missing stamps. I can appeal this decision. But judge told me that if she rejects my application, I would be foolish to appeal as it would take many years and will cost lot of money. In addition, I think, I would not be able to prove that I did travel during that time and that those 2 stamps are missing. Historically, they CIC would win the case and they would consider judge's judgment correct. Anyway, devastated but still determined. Not sure, what will be my next steps. Just wanted to let you guys know. Good Luck to you all.
Do you have 1460 days to reapply?

Exports

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
kaylink74 said:
Really sorry to hear about the final outcome after such a long wait!
How many days less the two stamps accounted for to complete 1095 days or it didn't have any affect on the physical residence?
I am of the opinion if you are completing 1460'ad per the new rule simply apply. I saw someone doing same and getting approved in 6 -8 months time after rejection.

kaylink74

Jul 23, 2014
No, I am not completing 1460 days. Also now I am not living in Canada at the moment. But my spouse is a Canadian citizen. I saw on their website that if your spouse is Canadian citizen and living with you, no matter wherever you are residing, it will be considered living in Canada. On that basis, I might re-apply.

Politren

Jan 16, 2015
kaylink74 said:
No, I am not completing 1460 days. Also now I am not living in Canada at the moment. But my spouse is a Canadian citizen. I saw on their website that if your spouse is Canadian citizen and living with you, no matter wherever you are residing, it will be considered living in Canada. On that basis, I might re-apply.
This only works for maintaining your PR status.
For the purpose of counting days for citizenship only physical days in Canada will count.

sjakub

Sep 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kaylink74 said:
I saw on their website that if your spouse is Canadian citizen and living with you, no matter wherever you are residing, it will be considered living in Canada. On that basis, I might re-apply.
In most cases it won't...
It depends on who you and your spouse are employed by. If neither of you is employed by
"Canadian Armed Forces, federal public administration, or public service of a province or territory"
(and not as a "locally engaged person"), then time spent outside of Canada doesn't count
towards your physical presence requirement.

Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=370&t=5

Living with your spouse should, however, protect your permanent resident status.

Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5445ETOC.asp#appendixA