+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Decision made after CJ Interview

Exports

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
kaylink74 said:
No, I am not completing 1460 days. Also now I am not living in Canada at the moment. But my spouse is a Canadian citizen. I saw on their website that if your spouse is Canadian citizen and living with you, no matter wherever you are residing, it will be considered living in Canada. On that basis, I might re-apply.
Ya your days are counted if you are accompanying the Canadian spouse outside Canada. I was adviced this by one lawyer recently after new rule and told to visit with my Canadian spouse whenever I go out of the country so that I can claim the days under new rule. However I live here in Canada and also eligible to apply under the new rule with more than required days. But I have chosen to wait for the CJ hearing and possibly get rejected!

sjakub

Sep 28, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Exports said:
Ya your days are counted if you are accompanying the Canadian spouse outside Canada.
No, they are not - except for very specific cases.

Exports said:
I was adviced this by one lawyer recently after new rule and told to visit with my Canadian spouse whenever I go out of the country so that I can claim the days under new rule.
Maybe it's time to find a new lawyer? (Again, unless it's a very specific case).