Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
they seem to have forgotten about me. Test was passed in September 2021 and no decision made so far.

I applied May 2019 and did the fingerprints twice because of covid 19 situation. I am starting to grow really tired of this wait as I really do not see the point why they would delay it like this.

I am also curious if it ends up getting delayed to May 2022, do I need to do the fingerprints again before they do decision made or oath ceremony?
No DM even after More 5 months after the test. Thinking that they still need to work around printed paper files if they need to touch paper based system. may be they have some check in and check out of physical files at the office etc are delaying things as officers are not going much to office or they are on leave. So the officers who are working from home are simply taking up online apps to work on.
I dont know but my assumption. Thinking the movement on paper applications are due to the some workers still go to office hence could move some paper files. :oops:

abhi84712

Dec 8, 2021
No DM even after More 5 months after the test. Thinking that they still need to work around printed paper files if they need to touch paper based system. may be they have some check in and check out of physical files at the office etc are delaying things as officers are not going much to office or they are on leave. So the officers who are working from home are simply taking up online apps to work on.
I dont know but my assumption. Thinking the movement on paper applications are due to the some workers still go to office hence could move some paper files. :oops:
I really doubt that they physically move all the paper files from one table to another for processing. If they are smart enough, they must be scanning the paper files and then accessing the soft copies from home/desks over internet/intranet,

If they are actually moving the actual paper files when processing, I fear the delays will be even more when most staff will start working from home as Omicron variant spreads in Canada.

Any idea if the "processing" stops once you have Decision Made for your file?

Also, do you think most IRCC staff came back to office when the Covid case count went down in some provinces in the past recent months?

Reactions: BenLinus6

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
I really doubt that they physically move all the paper files from one table to another for processing. If they are smart enough, they must be scanning the paper files and then accessing the soft copies from home/desks over internet/intranet,

If they are actually moving the actual paper files when processing, I fear the delays will be even more when most staff will start working from home as Omicron variant spreads in Canada.

Any idea if the "processing" stops once you have Decision Made for your file?

Also, do you think most IRCC staff came back to office when the Covid case count went down in some provinces in the past recent months?
I tell that they move the files checkin/checkout because one officer told windsor canidate that officer needs to get access to the files at office to make progress/update on file on interview etc. Thats why i say that they still have it because pandemic was not expected and they might not be able to do alternate arrangement to old system as they already moved to online. Either way, its dead slow. God knows how they process.

Yes, omicron will have effect and that too when they are escaping with afghan reason on top of it.

Yes, eligibility processing stops at DM (except criminality checks dont expire - mostly issue is for candidates whoever gets fingerprints to be current).

Some staff came back, i doubt most came back but they do seem to work on 2021 files to improve the reporting metrics hence old files will be delayed irrelevant of staff came back or not.

Reactions: abhi84712

asterixfanboy

Star Member
Jul 28, 2021
DM since the last 5 months now.. god knows when will this process end... just praying it gets over sooner than later... there are so many personal things that depend on this process to complete... i am not sure when those will start...

ppap1122

May 27, 2021
I logged into my cic account today and noticed there were 3 updates on Jan 8th, for physical presence, prohibition and language. All marked completed. Before that there were only 2 of them marked completed. One was for background and other was for citizenship test.

My account says last updated 10th of Jan but I only see 8th Jan in update timeline. Am I missing any status that may have been done on Jan 10th and missed it, or this is normal?

All checks now say completed except for citizenship ceremony, which says "not started". Application status still says "in process" though.

I wonder what if I am to deduce something out of these status updates or it is just normal of proceeding things now.

Thank you.

anton1990

Champion Member
Dec 22, 2015
North Battleford
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-04-2016
Nomination.....
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
11-07-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
08-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
14-01-2018
Hi guys

How long does it usually take from DM to oath?

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
DM since the last 5 months now.. god knows when will this process end... just praying it gets over sooner than later... there are so many personal things that depend on this process to complete... i am not sure when those will start...
Does the tracker specifically say Decision Made? I can't see this anywhere on the online system.

ppap1122

May 27, 2021
Thanks @RiZ92 I was not sure I needed to check old ECAS status for decision made. After reading your comment I checked there and it says decision made. Thanks again for helping me see this good news.

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
Thanks @RiZ92 I was not sure I needed to check old ECAS status for decision made. After reading your comment I checked there and it says decision made. Thanks again for helping me see this good news.
Would you happen to have a link to the 'old' tracker? All of my statuses bar the oath ceremony say 'complete

UPDATE: Manage to find link and states also that 'Decision Made'.....so is it now simply waiting for Oath Ceremony Invite?

RiZ92

Aug 27, 2013
Would you happen to have a link to the 'old' tracker? All of my statuses bar the oath ceremony say 'complete

UPDATE: Manage to find link and states also that 'Decision Made'.....so is it now simply waiting for Oath Ceremony Invite?
Yes, you are now in Queue for Oath with your local immigration office.